DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

25 minutes ago, Log said:

So, is it now safe to say that it's NOT Dr. Manhattan who imprisoned Veidt?

Why would it be safe to say that? Still seems like that's the most likely scenario and no one else would have the power or ability to create a TARDIS-like hidden world on Europa and place Veidt there.

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Why would it be safe to say that? Still seems like that's the most likely scenario and no one else would have the power or ability to create a TARDIS-like hidden world on Europa and place Veidt there.

Spoiler

Because Manhattan has been Cal for longer than Veidt has been imprisoned.

1 hour ago, Log said:

So, is it now safe to say that it's NOT Dr. Manhattan who imprisoned Veidt?

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Spoiler

Seems kind of obvious Trieu is the one who likely imprisoned Veidt. She knows he is alive and there is a pond of clones seemingly based on her tech. Honestly the question of why Veidt is imprisoned interests me more.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Well shit, I didn't see THAT coming.

I'm really hoping we get explanations as to how everyone else found out.

Spoiler

So, the next episode is just Angela holding off the 7Cal until Jon "regenerates", right.  Because they'd be pretty fucking dumb to go after Dr. Manhattan with just regular guns.

Edited by Raziel

5 hours ago, supremebve said:

The "LIfe on Mars" instrumental to end the episode was fucking perfect.  

No, Living In America by James Brown playing during the scenes in Vietnam were the fucking best.  Whomever is making the soundtrack selections for this series is a mad genius.

And yeah, I saw none of that shit coming.

Edited by J.T.

Just now, J.T. said:

No, Living In America by James Brown playing during the scenes in Vietnam were the fucking best.  Whomever is making the soundtrack selections for this series is a mad genius.

LOL.  Living in America is perhaps my least favorite James Brown song, but I did like its use in the episode.  Life on Mars is on the list of best song that should suck, but doesn't (actually Space Oddity is probably the David Bowie song that should suck, but doesn't).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My first thought was, well, that certainly makes Cal's talk with the kids about heaven make a lot more sense for why he was so cold, dry, and factual about it.

I dismissed it at first but in retrospect it was a very Dr. Manhattan thing to say.

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So, is now the time we go back and rewatch the show to see if there were any other clues that EVERYONE overlooked?

I already read an article last night that showed all of the clues that everyone, except for a few people, overlooked. Some people on Reddit got really hyper analytical some weeks back showing that the folds in Cal's knuckles match those of Dr. Manhattan's in one of the Watchmen trailers. Even the Dr. Manhattan dildo is called the Excalibur...Ex-Cal Abar.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

PSA from Alan Sepinwall:

Spoiler

It looks like Abdul - Mateen is listed as playing Calvin Abar / Jonathan Osterman.  

It doesn't look like he's credited directly as Dr. Manhattan.

Edited by J.T.

In Batwoman Alice finally got her big vengeance. I'm kind of torn on Kate and Jacob's reactions. Considering who Alice killed its rather hard to feel sympathy there. Beyond that its hard to buy that both would want her outright dead for it even with the damage to their lives it caused. In a weird way there is just a bit too much anger there opposed to what feels like it should be more of depression over what needs to be done. In general though I'm kind of just ready for the show to move beyond Alice as the main villain. Hopefully we get to a point where not every big villain is going to have some personal connection to Kate since the next story have hinted towards for whenever this one ends points to another ex of Kate's with the Coryana hints they have been dropping.

Supergirl was another solid-good episode. Not sure how I feel about the resolution since it leaves things maybe a bit too open with Lena right now. I suppose I understand why they didn't go so big with Crisis coming next week. I suppose the real climax to that story will come in the second half of the season. Might be for the best with Leviathan continuing.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Sorry, the PSA is for next week. 

Well that makes sense given that:

Spoiler

the name of the episode is A God Walks Into A Bar.   The nerds have already updated Wikipedia in advance of the reveal.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Quality subtitling.

Reveal hidden contents

EKyt_MXXsAAmtZR.jpg

EKyt_MlWoAApEZr.jpg

Spoiler

After the Looking Glass episode, I will admit to being intrigued by how Ozymandias would justify his actions if he was ever asked that question directly.

I finally got that scenario in place in the form of Veidt's trial and what does he do?  He farts.

I will admit to being a little disappointed but then again, I have no idea why I thought that Veidt would pick that time to show some humility and give an honest account of himself.  Flatulence was a very Ozymandias thing to do.

I do admire the Game Warden for going insult for insult and convening a jury made up of cloned pigs to deliver the guilty verdict.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

My friend sent me a text and said something I never even considered until now...

"Veidt is going to be the statue at Trieu's HQ, isn't he."

That would be a funny twist.

The thought had occurred to me that the events on Jupiter are not in synch with the events in Tulsa and that Veidt may have already escaped and is on earth.  That's why Trieu's statue is so accurate.