DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ramsey. No idea on his last name or the villain name since he isn't a character I'm familiar with.

Ah, thank you. They said it so many times it's almost sad I forgot it at the time of posting. 

But yeah, Ramsey may not be the big bad this season but I love what they're doing with him. 

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

That last scene with Barry and Joe in last night's Flash was wonderfully. If I could tear up at shows and movies that one

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

I do cry at shows and movies, and that scene had me weeping.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Ah, thank you. They said it so many times it's almost sad I forgot it at the time of posting. 

But yeah, Ramsey may not be the big bad this season but I love what they're doing with him. 

I think they're slow burning Ramsey/Bloodwork so he can be the big bad after Crisis.

• Like 1

He doesn't feel like a villain that they can run with for a full season, honestly. Especially since they've already had him turn full heel this early.

They are doing a neat little thing on Arrow I noticed, where they use the different Arrow emblems on the title card to represent the different seasons at the start of each episode.  I REALLY hope we get one last Damien Darke appearance before we are done.

• Like 1

They've said they're doing a pre and post-Crisis big bad.  Bloodwork is pre, TBA for post.

... wait.  What if they wrap up Ramsey and Barry actually disappears in Crisis?!?!? The second half of the season is a swerve!

Although with the Superman/Lois series announced, I can't help but worry about Supergirl's chances in Crisis either.  They're really banging away at Barry/Ollie must die, and my Russo-sense is going off big time.

Also, from two weeks ago the first Anti-Monitor shot!

Spoiler

tout-2.jpg

45 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

They've said they're doing a pre and post-Crisis big bad.  Bloodwork is pre, TBA for post.

Godspeed. They already said he would be a big villain for the season, and they showed something was off in the very first episode with them taking him on multiple times over the summer only for it to be a different person clueless as how they got where they were each time.

I think Thawne is also likely to show up during and/or after Crisis.

Am I alone in think there’s going to be some sort of swerve with the Monitor? I know they’re setting it up that Ollie (and Nash) don’t trust him, but I’m starting to wonder if that will be legit or he’s actually the Anti-Monitor.

18 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I think Thawne is also likely to show up during and/or after Crisis.

Am I alone in think there’s going to be some sort of swerve with the Monitor? I know they’re setting it up that Ollie (and Nash) don’t trust him, but I’m starting to wonder if that will be legit or he’s actually the Anti-Monitor.

I'm thinking that the guy in the League of Assassins book is the Anti-Monitor and Ollie is mistaken.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm thinking that the guy in the League of Assassins book is the Anti-Monitor and Ollie is mistaken.

It matches the pictures that the CW has released of the Anti-Monitor, doesn't it? I've only read what happened on Arrow, not watched, since I'm so behind. But I think that's a pretty obvious thing. We know what the Anti-Monitor looks like, nobody else does.

On 10/31/2019 at 3:41 PM, Bustronaut said:

After "The Play" I'm still not convince he isn't Dr. Manhattan.  He's attempting to reconnect with being Human and doing so through clones he creates.

I'm here with you again. I was discussing this with someone last night and they reminded me of his line toward the end of the novel about creating human life.

Another great hour of television.  This episode was a lot different than the previous two but still excellent.   I don't think I trust Keene very much.  I mean I don't trust most white people on this show anyway but he's up to some bullshit wanting all police in masks across the nation.. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 4:02 AM, Casey said:

From what we saw of Manhattan in the graphic novel, he was never that eccentric or just flat out weird, though.

Manhattan is a being of pure logic.  He's not weird.  Humans are just dumb and can't fathom his motives.

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think I trust Keene very much. 

I can't say that I trust either Keene or Looking Glass. 

It's true that Sister Night is doing some back alley shit, but I don't trust Looking Glass not to rat her out.

Edited by J.T.

All caught up.  Damn, that was a good episode.  DC Studios is fucking savage! The writers for this show sniped at Nolan Batman and I loved every minute of it!

Holy fuck, but Jean Smart was on point.  I think she took the role because Laurie Blake is the polar opposite of the roles she's usually cast in, especially the one in Designing Women. 

I wonder if one of her conditions for taking the job was getting to say the word Fuck as many times as possible?  What a potty mouth Laurie Blake had!

Agent Black certainly does enjoy her work.  it's obvious that she enjoys busting the latest crop of costumed vigilantes because she thinks they are imitators of her and the original team.

And we finally have confirmation three eps in that the old man in the castle is Adrian Veidt (or possibly his clone) and I am sure he has plans for taking his company back that include the Millennium Clock.

Whatever you do, don't watch the HBO Go commercials about the Watchmen Podcast if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

There is a brief scene that teases a future appearance by Dr. Manhattan.  I figured we'd see him sooner or later but the quasi-confirmation ruined the surprise.

And of course, Blake stays at the Black Freighter Motel and Restaurant while she's in Tulsa.

Edited by J.T.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross continue to provide the kick ass incidental music.

And the Devo song from the episode is entitled (what else) Space Junk.

And ahem I thought the scene with Laurie's briefcase at the end was hilarious and also sad.  It's kinda tragic that she has the same sexual hang-up from the graphic novel that Nite-Owl had in that she can only feel intimate with other costumed superheroes, even if they end up mistreating her like The Comedian did

.At least we know why Petey wore the mask that night and why she keeps calling Dr. Manhattan on the sat-phone, right?

Edited by J.T.

For an exposition episode, that was pretty damn good and explained a ton of shit.  I also dig the subtext that Laurie is just fucking over the Superhero thing, and that's tied into Dan apparently being in Prison.  

But also yeah, they've hit us over the head with whatever the fuck Adrian is doing is going to be what brings Manhattan back to Earth.

• Like 2