DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

Speaking of Diaz, there is a line from season 6 that I didn't think much of until a friend of mine made fun of it, and I can't stop thinking about it now. He's getting fitted for his suit, and he tells the tailor, "now don't forget.......my muscles....are gettin' bigga", in that weird Carlito's Way voice he had. I can't remember the episode, but if you come across it, it's hilarious.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:33 PM, Captain Kronos said:

Re Crisis:

1. Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne (possibly from the Batman Beyond world)

2. Erica Durance

These are good things in my eyes. Very good things. Especially Conroy.

Kevin Conroy as live action Bruce Wayne is the biggest selling point for me. Conroy is the definitive version of the character. Same goes for Batman: The Animated Series.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Kevin Conroy as live action Bruce Wayne is the biggest selling point for me. Conroy is the definitive version of the character. Same goes for Batman: The Animated Series.

It's amazing to hear responses from people I know that don't watch the CW shows.  Once I tell them Kevin's part of it they not only will watch it but have also looked for ways to catch up with the respective shows somehow.  Can't wait to see him on there.

• Like 4

Apparently Ruby Rose was nearly paralyzed from doing stunts for Batwoman earlier this year. She got very lucky things were caught in time so she could get surgery on two herniated discs. She posted some of the surgery on her instagram if anyone is curious.

Edited by Eivion
  • Sad 4

I actually ended up enjoying the Batwoman pilot quite a bit. It's not perfect, and it has room for growth, but I found it to be very watchable. Ruby Rose is kind of a bad actress, but I think she can make the role work for her over time.  Borderline shocked that they actually SHOWED Batman.

• Like 1

Not sure where i stand on Batwoman yet. I liked parts of it, but there are changes I'm just not digging like Luke Fox becoming a regular geek which we already had with Curtis. I like the step sister ok, but I feel like Kate didn't need one. Ruby Rose does well enough. She is probably on par with Amell during his first season or two of Arrow. Neither were/are good actors, but they don't take you out of the scenes. The show has potential. It will be interesting to see how they develop. I just want them to eventually give us Montoya. I really hope that damn Harley Quinn move and the dumbass changes they made to Sawyer on Supergirl haven't screwed us out of Renee.

Thought Supergirl had a solid return. Its nice to see them already working with the Crisis start Monitor did at the end of last season. I still really don't want Lena to be evil, but they are clearly going that route gradually as she descends into madness from the hurt and pain.

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

I dug Supergirl too. I don't want Lena to be bad either, since we know Lex is still alive, but I am at least interested to see how they handle her.

That is pretty much where I'm at. I don't want it, but they have my attention at least.

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

Supergirl's reaction to the suit having pants was just too adorable.

I agree. I still prefer the classic look, but I'm happy for Benoist who had to deal with the cold in a skirt before now. I'm pretty sure her joy was legit.

I really loved the Supergirl premiere.  I'm not sure how I feel about Lena turning evil as I was hoping she actually did appreciate Kara revealing her identity before Lena had the chance to.  But it does make me wonder if Lena's turning evil how she'll factor into Crisis.  Will they pull the trigger leading into it or with Lex still around will they hold off on that until after. 

Also, my wife absolutely loved that Supergirl has pants now.  She wasn't against the skirt look but felt it was time.  I'm cool with it though the bangs in her hair may take a tad getting used to (minor thing, I know)

Edited by NikoBaltimore