DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

3 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I just rewatched Crisis on Earth X this week, and it still holds up as the best crossover for me. I still feel like if it had the budget of a blockbuster film, it'd blow away most comic book flicks.

I agree 100 percent. I've rewatched that three times, myself. And I prefer the special effects of the DCW to a lot of the DC Movies. ?

4 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I just rewatched Crisis on Earth X this week, and it still holds up as the best crossover for me. I still feel like if it had the budget of a blockbuster film, it'd blow away most comic book flicks.

I haven't watched it since it aired, but I thought it just had so many things come together so well story wise along with the aforementioned blockbuster feel. I'm really hoping they can recapture that magic for Crisis on Infinite Earths.

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

I haven't watched it since it aired, but I thought it just had so many things come together so well story wise along with the aforementioned blockbuster feel. I'm really hoping they can recapture that magic for Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Not quite a bold statement but I'm willing to bet that as great as Earth X was Infinite Earths will eclipse it.  With who we know so far is part of this I just can't see how it can't be absolutely amazing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not quite a bold statement but I'm willing to bet that as great as Earth X was Infinite Earths will eclipse it.  With who we know so far is part of this I just can't see how it can't be absolutely amazing.

I think the chance is absolutely there. I just don't want to jinx it.

• Like 2

The thing I want most from Crisis, and absolutely will not get, is a 'classic' Wally.  Find an actor who could conceivably be Lonsdale at 35-40, put him in crimson and silver or the 90s 'foil' suit, and make him Barry's nephew who's been Kid Flash since he was 12 and eventually became the Flash after his Barry's death.  Doesn't have to be a big part, I just want to see him on TV.

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

The thing I want most from Crisis, and absolutely will not get, is a 'classic' Wally.  Find an actor who could conceivably be Lonsdale at 35-40, put him in crimson and silver or the 90s 'foil' suit, and make him Barry's nephew who's been Kid Flash since he was 12 and eventually became the Flash after his Barry's death.  Doesn't have to be a big part, I just want to see him on TV.

Best you're gonna get is if they cast Rosenbaum so the guy who played Lex Luthor and Wally West is part of this. Which is something I totally think will happen. At this point I think they'll find roles for the cast of that DC Comics Roast show from the 70's and the surviving cast of the unaired JLI pilot.

Yep, I am all in for the upcoming season of Black Lightning.

The CW has released the official synopsis for "The Book of Occupation: Chapter One: The Birth of Blackbird," the season three premiere of Black Lightning, in which Thunder will apparently take on a second secret identity officially, rather than just being a shadowy figure in a "Blackbird suit."

Black Lightning returns for its third season this fall on The CW, with Jefferson Pierce and the rest of his crimefighting family working to protect the city of Freeland against the dangerous forces that threaten its citizens. One of those forces was teased in the Season 2 finale with the warning of a coming war with the nation of Markovia.

The various conflicts will put strain on the Pierce family, especially as they are being more or less blackmailed into working for the government.

Season starts on Monday, 7 October.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The amount of cameos and callbacks to the 'Crisis' event is going to be amazing.  It's paying homage to 50 years or DC on TV. 

I hope that means a cameo by Phyllis Coates, who I think is the last living member of the Adventures of Superman cast. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The amount of cameos and callbacks to the 'Crisis' event is going to be amazing.  It's paying homage to 50 years or DC on TV. 

I almost expect the first 30 minutes or so to be Pariah Wells quickly visiting a bunch of different cameo-Earths before they get destroyed.

I feel like good is a strong word. They have had good parts, but the season arcs weren't necessarily the best. I particularly wasn't digging the the flash forward future stuff last season which it sounds like they want to turn into a spin-off series. I mean they are still worth watching, but I still don't think Arrow has ever really come close the quality it had in its second season. Everything else has always been kind of murky even when it was generally good.

Edited by Eivion

4 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Idk, I REALLY liked the Diaz season. I thought he was one of the better villains they've had. I also really liked the shift in tone from last season, even if the reveal of the main villain was whack.

Diaz was a good villain. Still recall the arc having some decent weak parts though they weren't necessarily tied to DIaz himself. I thought the first half of last season was good. The second half from the villain reveal to how it just generally played out just didn't work for me.