DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

99165a0c105f5a89-600x338.jpg

Kingdom Come Superman. I read that book for the first time in 2019 and it was well worth the delay in me doing so.

One other thing, no way will Routh's Superman suit be as bad as Superman Returns (2006)

brandon-routh-in-superman-returns.jpeg

Edited by The Natural

To be fair, most of the first season of Arrow was pretty bad too, and they did ok.  Stephen Amell, much like Ruby Rose, has never been a great actor, but he grew into the role and made it work. Hoping she does the same.  I really want Batwoman to succeed, but I feel like it may take a season to hit it's groove.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:30 AM, RandomAct said:

To be fair, most of the first season of Arrow was pretty bad too, and they did ok.  Stephen Amell, much like Ruby Rose, has never been a great actor, but he grew into the role and made it work. Hoping she does the same.  I really want Batwoman to succeed, but I feel like it may take a season to hit it's groove.

And lest we forget how rough season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow was. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

And lest we forget how rough season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow was. 

I've been trying to get my sister-in-law to watch LoT for years because even though she never read comics, it's the kind of show she loves. She tried with season one two years ago and gave up.

But she's seen enough over my shoulder, especially the Bollywood scene, that she's taking my advice and starting with season two. She's halfway through and the first thing she said was, " You were right, this is good." 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

I'm having the same problem with my girlfriend. I think I've almost broken her down when I told this season involved "An evil fairy godmother, Biff Tannen, A Bollywood dance number and a dude getting his nipple bitten off by a unicorn"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'm having the same problem with my girlfriend. I think I've almost broken her down when I told this season involved "An evil fairy godmother, Biff Tannen, A Bollywood dance number and a dude getting his nipple bitten off by a unicorn"

Its amazing when you read that sentence and realize that not only did the show feature all that, but it works! My personal favorite of all the DC shows

• Like 2