DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I liked LoT a lot and lost my shit seeing The Monitor eating popcorn.  Going to miss Zari though liked how that all played out.  But next season already looks pretty amazing with all the evil souls that will be unleashed.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I was hoping you had when I saw your post. I ill probably check it out sometime before the weekend is over. Body horror wouldn't surprise me all things considered. I wonder if they go into the Rot.

The body horror is a toned down version of Carpenter's THE THING.  It's mainly still shots of people half turned to plant, but there's a THING homage about 2/3 of the way through.  No blood, plant tentacles coming out of a corpse.

Just finished the first episode. That particular scene is really the only one is the first episode. First episode is mostly a medical/science mystery over an epidemic while watching Alec and Abby bond. Aside from the opening and autopsy scene there isn't too many horror elements. I dug the first episode.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sounds like it was more North Carolina's fault than theirs, but still.

It’s definitely a N.C. thing. The general assembly slashed funding and rebates for the film industry a few years back.

Saw this on Bleeding Cool. Someone from the NC Film Group said this. Basically blaming WB

“The production team for Swamp Thing knew before production began that North Carolina would offer up to $4.9M in rebates for their pilot episode and $12M for the remainder of season one. They accepted said offer and even signed a contract with the state with those figures. Per state legislation, the NC Film and Entertainment grant can only award up to $12M per season for a series. Per the program’s guidelines, pilot episodes are counted as their own series. In total, the program only receives $31M annually.”

Finished up Doom Patrol last night. Never read any of the comics, but I thoroughly enjoyed the series on the whole. Offhand it feels better than any of the CW stuff save particular episodes and moments where they hit the highest of highs. Only weak part for me was probably Cyborg. I just never got too much into the actor playing him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 11:35 AM, John Austin said:

Saw this on Bleeding Cool. Someone from the NC Film Group said this. Basically blaming WB

“The production team for Swamp Thing knew before production began that North Carolina would offer up to $4.9M in rebates for their pilot episode and $12M for the remainder of season one. They accepted said offer and even signed a contract with the state with those figures. Per state legislation, the NC Film and Entertainment grant can only award up to $12M per season for a series. Per the program’s guidelines, pilot episodes are counted as their own series. In total, the program only receives $31M annually.”

Sounds like a bunch of bureaucratic and political BS from DC. If they really like and support the show, figure it out and commission another season. 

The other rumor I've heard is that DC Universe isn't doing well and could be on the road to cancellation.

Edited by TheVileOne

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm not digging the new costume. I prefer the skirt though i can't blame them for changing it, especially with Benoist mentioning how cold it gets where they shoot. The hair probably bothers me more.

8 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

There's so much blue I keep losing the S-Shield, and the bangs have aged her like 15 years.  Not a great look.

Good point. Superman's first Rebirth costume had the issue of all blue and lacking red to break it up.