DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

On 5/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, Eivion said:

I dug the Flash finale, especially Thawne's plans coming to fruition. That was a cruel end to Nora. I was a bit disappointed the only big Crisis thing we had was the newspaper moving up the time table. It is interesting that the headline hasn't disappeared yet. I assume they are waiting for Ollie's actual sacrifice before having it disappear completely. I'm curious how many of the shows will be involved and whether or not we get any merging Earths by the end.

All of the Arrowverse shows, including Batwoman, except for Black Lightning. 

Just now, BrianS81177 said:

Why is Black Lightning kept seperate?

Its the only one not shot in Canada. Basically logistics make it difficult to add in so its not actually part of the Arrowverse at the moment.

27 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Ah ok. So it's more of a logistical thing than a creative thing?

yep

EDIT: Saw the Batwoman trailer. It looked decent. Not a big fan of Luke Fox, but having him be another textbook nerd like Curtis is annoying. The lack of Montoya is disappointing. It looks like at the very least the first episode will take place before the crossover from this season. Its a shame they wasted the DEO on Supergirl. It would have been nice to have gotten the version from Batwoman comics. Really I just want Mr. Bones on my tv screen.

Edited by Eivion

Side note, but Supergirl's back half was REALLY strong( I mean, the show, not actual Supergirl).  I ended up digging the take on Manchester Black, and John Cryer might be my favorite non-Clancy Brown Lex. I still have a couple of episodes left, but they are finishing strong.

• Like 1

While we consistency love Legends of Tomorrow, our watching of the rest of the CW DC shows is waning. We dropped Arrow a year or two ago. My wife's token misanthropy means that she can't stand Supergirl as a character. And Flash has been fairly hard to get through from a quality level the last year or two. We have two episodes to go this season and we just started Barry (not Allen) last night since we have HBO for another few weeks and I can't see us prioritizing Flash over that in the hour a night we actually get to watch something. I'm not sure what it is with Flash. Maybe it's that Barry has been given too much rope to hang himself as a character over the years or what made the show work in Season 1 (the mystery, the optimism, Iris being on the outside and the drama that caused) didn't make it even to season 2. Losing Cold and Heat Wave didn't help.Plus the Wells' character tends to be diminishing returns from season to season. 

I hear that a good amount about Flash and get why that's the case.  If I had all the DC shows to catch up on in a week they'd sadly be the last one to watch.  But I still love it anyway though I like the supporting cast much more than Barry.

Speaking of which I did catch the rest of the show last night and was really bummed about Nora.  But there's worse ways to be written off and I do like that she went out on her terms.  Gonna be interesting to see what they have in store for next season.

• Like 1

The FLASH finale was incredible anti-climactic.  I shall wait for Matt to watch it before I go into spoilers tho.

While I'm being thirsty in the thread, it took an episode of BLACKISH to get me to realize how incredibly gorgeous Brandon Routh is.  I've been watching him for 5 years on L.o.T. and a sitcom makes me go "...holy crap, Ray is HOT!" bless their make-up and hair dept.

16 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Side note, but Supergirl's back half was REALLY strong( I mean, the show, not actual Supergirl).  I ended up digging the take on Manchester Black, and John Cryer might be my favorite non-Clancy Brown Lex. I still have a couple of episodes left, but they are finishing strong.

I concur. I think it has probably been the strongest of the shows this season if only for the back half (Legends is too insane to properly rate for me).

• Like 1

Big Crisis on Infinite Earths setup at the end of Supergirl finale. I know they will follow the source material for the most part, but I like them adding a couple of curveballs since their are characters they can't use.  Reading that it might be a 5 episode crossover, but I feel like even that is a little short for such an undertaking.

Also, I'm predicting that they finally pull the trigger on John Diggle becoming a Green Lantern, since it was revealed that his stepfather's last name is Stewart

Thought Supergirl's finale was pretty good. Lex's last reveal to Lena was wonderfully cruel, and I'm curious to see what they do with it next season. I hope they still avoid a heel turn for Lena. The Crisis teaser was way better than Flash's.

2 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Also, I'm predicting that they finally pull the trigger on John Diggle becoming a Green Lantern, since it was revealed that his stepfather's last name is Stewart

Well, we know he was one on another Earth. I still don't see them going for it.

All this reminds me that I still have not read the original Crisis. Maybe I will some time in the next few months.

I think if you do Diggle/Lantern, you do it as his goodbye. Like, the last you see of him is getting the ring and going off to join the Lantern Corps.

I'm not super familiar with Leviathan, since most of my comics knowledge ends at like 2006, but I like them doing these types of threats on Supergirl. I think that's why I liked this season so much, because her battle wasn't one she could punch her way out of. It was a politic and public opinion battle.

18 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I'm not super familiar with Leviathan, since most of my comics knowledge ends at like 2006, but I like them doing these types of threats on Supergirl. I think that's why I liked this season so much, because her battle wasn't one she could punch her way out of. It was a politic and public opinion battle.

I'm not big on the using Leviathan. Its the big villain organization in Morrison's Batman Incorporated. Bendis has only just started to use it for Superman this year. It feels a bit early for them to be using it for the show. I wonder if they end up using Spyral as well.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, RandomAct said:

Big Crisis on Infinite Earths setup at the end of Supergirl finale. I know they will follow the source material for the most part, but I like them adding a couple of curveballs since their are characters they can't use.  Reading that it might be a 5 episode crossover, but I feel like even that is a little short for such an undertaking.

It is five episodes, with (IIRC) three before the mid-season break and two after. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the shows leading up to it are pretty heavily tied to the coming of Crisis (especially Flash).

Legends was fucking tremendous. There's so much I want to talk about but I'm high...

But if there isn't a gif of The Monitor eating popcorn posted here ASAP and it also becomes  Dolfan's new " I'm watching you"  warning, then I don't know you people anymore. ?

• Like 2