DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

10 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

All time great episode of LOT

Indeed.  I didn't know what to expect at first but it didn't take long before it escalated the way it did.  It's one of the rare DC shows where my wife's fully invested into it and this episode especially did the trick.

Barry Allen is a fucking dick and I hope he dies in the upcoming Crisis.

Pretty underwhelming debut for Godspeed, he was basically a backdrop for the Allen family drama (which ends with Barry being a dick, like I said, and being completely unable to see things from Nora's POV).

Nora lied to him about working with the man who murdered his mother right in front of him. Barry might have been a dick, but he had all the reason in the world to be on that one. It wasn't even that he couldn't see her POV. He just can't get past a lie that big so easily, and her being around would just be a distraction to him. Beyond that its sort of hard feeling sympathy for Nora considering how much of an ass she was to Iris even before finding out about the powers and getting her best friend killed.

Is Godspeed a big/good enough character that his appearance was underwhelming?

• Like 1

Uh, that's his daughter, not some random schmuck on the team like Ralph. Who was she supposed to turn to for help in beating Godspeed (and for training) when she discovered her powers? Presumably the only speedsters are Thawne and Godspeed in her future. She didn't even know her dad was The Flash for fucks sake. Barry left her a message in the time vaulet in the Flash Museum/STAR Labs, something that she'd only discover by talking to Thawne in the first place anyway (not to mention an AI told her who her father was). Iris dampened Nora's powers when she was a child, and lied to her about Barry. I'd say all of that was pretty traumatic for Nora, actually.

And Godspeed is one of the main villains for Season 6 apparently, so... yeah, underwhelming as fuck. But I guess it gives him a reason to come back after Nora, or whatever. Plus you don't cast BD Wong for just one throwaway episode towards the end of a season.

Edited by Casey

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Uh, that's his daughter, not some random schmuck on the team like Ralph. Who was she supposed to turn to for help in beating Godspeed (and for training) when she discovered her powers? Presumably the only speedsters are Thawne and Godspeed in her future. She didn't even know her dad was The Flash for fucks sake. Barry left her a message in the time vaulet in the Flash Museum/STAR Labs, something that she'd only discover by talking to Thawne in the first place anyway (not to mention an AI told her who her father was). Iris dampened Nora's powers when she was a child, and lied to her about Barry. I'd say all of that was pretty traumatic for Nora, actually.

Yes, it was traumatic, and absolutely none of it measures up to a child seeing his mother murdered. Nora is Barry's daughter, but its not like he actually raised her. She is an adult form the future who hides much of herself from  him. A reveal like this makes her all the more foreign to him. Beyond that I think you are missing the point. Learning from Thawne was understandable to a degree. It was that she kept going back to him  even after she learned the truth while still refusing to tell Barry and the others. There was massive betrayal of trust there that is undeniable.

And Godspeed is one of the main villains for Season 6 apparently, so... yeah, underwhelming as fuck. But I guess it gives him a reason to come back after Nora, or whatever. Plus you don't cast BD Wong for just one throwaway episode towards the end of a season.

Honestly, I'm more disappointed to hear he is supposed to be a big villain for next season. We don't need another big speedster villain.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Two episodes into Doom Patrol and I like what I see so far. Alan Tudyk is especially a joy as the narrator/villain. Have say though that it kind of amazes me that they somehow made Vic's accident look worse in Young Justice than they did in Doom Patrol.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Can't be any worse then the sequels DC put out and the ham-fisted attempt to integrate Watchmen into the DC universe recently

Doomsday Clock is astoundingly ill-conceived but anything but hamfisted. It's painfully meticulous.

• Like 1

Wrong choice of term, I guess 'crow-barred into the DCU' would be a better approximation.

And I wish it was a sequel to the movie moreso than the comics, Dr Manhattan being the scapegoat was a far superior ending compared to the faux alien invasion of the comics 

Watchmen_Babies_in_V_for_Vacation.png

Edited by CreativeControl

So we all know that Arrow is back for 8 more episodes next season, but this finale really felt like the end. I thought it was really well done, and it felt like we got to say goodbye to a few characters like Diggle, Felicity and Curtis.  This season really gave me the sense that they wanted you to get one last glimpse of certain themes and characters before they finished up. So many callbacks to the first 2 seasons, and rewarding cameos. For a show that is objectively bad at times, they got me sad as hell that it's ending.

Now I'm just curious how they handle the last few episodes. Will it all be set in the future timeline? Will it all be set during the Crisis? Would be neat if the first part of the season for every show is spent dealing with that, because it is too big of an event to handle in the usual crossover. I reckon we will know more after Flash tonight.

• Like 1

The finale was a solid ending for Felicity's part. I've not dug the future stuff and am hoping they stay away from it next season. I'm guessing most of the last season will be building up Crisis. Flash's finale is definitely supposed to build into so it will be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 1

Flash finale did a good job of setting everything up for next season, and went ahead and establish Reverse Flash as a central part of Crisis. Weird that some parts of the future newspaper article changed at the end, but didn't change the fact that Flash disappears in the Crisis, and not the Green Arrow.

Looks like Cisco is leaving which is a real bummer, but hopefully that means more for Ralph. Cicada was lame until the very end.

• Like 2

I dug the Flash finale, especially Thawne's plans coming to fruition. That was a cruel end to Nora. I was a bit disappointed the only big Crisis thing we had was the newspaper moving up the time table. It is interesting that the headline hasn't disappeared yet. I assume they are waiting for Ollie's actual sacrifice before having it disappear completely. I'm curious how many of the shows will be involved and whether or not we get any merging Earths by the end.

The newspaper article confirmed Supergirl, Batwoman, White Canary and The Atom. It's interesting that the body of the article never changed until now. Before, it still mentioned "Starling City's Green Arrow" and The Atom as the only other heroes present when Flash disappears.