DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I thought Cryer's Luthor was fine for what they have set up about him since the beginning of the show. I'm curious now where things go. I assumed Luthor was going to be more of a general intro than big story setup like they did. I'm curious if he ends up the big bad for the final part of the season. At the very least it looks like he might be the one to introduce Kara to her Russian clone.

The full blown future episode for last night's Arrow was decent. Still not super interested in seeing much more of it. I do think its funny that Felicity basically made a variant of Brother Eye.

Dug Black Lightning's finale. I like that things are still open with Tobias. Will be interesting to see how far they go with the Outsiders build next season.

I came away from Arrow thinking that they could do a Batman Beyond inspired series set in the future. I loved the little touch of Nissa being the one to train Mia, lending credence to the idea that Oliver doesn't survive.

Edited by RandomAct

If folks don't dig Cryer's Luthor after this week's episode of Supergirl then I just assume the hatred of Two And Half Men is still affecting judgements. That was fucking awesome. 

And a Linda Lee Easter egg complete with brunette wig? Damn, I LOVE when they drop in old Silver Age stuff like that.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

If folks don't dig Cryer's Luthor after this week's episode of Supergirl then I just assume the hatred of Two And Half Men is still affecting judgements. That was fucking awesome. 

And a Linda Lee Easter egg complete with brunette wig? Damn, I LOVE when they drop in old Silver Age stuff like that.

I was pleasantly surprised by Cryer as Lex, honestly didn't think he had it in him.  It showed more of how much a heartless and calculating bastard he is which I love.   And in the process it tied up some loose ends leading up to the last couple episodes of the season.  Great stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

yeah, but topless cowls generally are something that works much better in line art than on real people.

Except Psicosis and Jushin Liger.

• Like 1

God damn, I love Legends of Tomorrow. I thought for sure it went into break on a cliffhanger. Apparently it didn't, and even if it did, I don't give a shit. That was fucking great. John Constantine, Lucha Libre fan, was fucking amazing.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

God damn, I love Legends of Tomorrow. I thought for sure it went into break on a cliffhanger. Apparently it didn't, and even if it did, I don't give a shit. That was fucking great. John Constantine, Lucha Libre fan, was fucking amazing.

Youd think he would be a world of sport fan. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Youd think he would be a world of sport fan. 

Let's see. One has mystical elements and exoticos and the other has Big Daddy. Now, if they tell me Constantine fucked Big Daddy who , by the way, was a magical being? I'm all in. Shit, they just saved El Santo and Mexico. Maybe they couldn't save British wrestling and remove Big Daddy, obviously an ogre, from the timeline. And now, Brexit. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Matt D said:

I've seen no Titans so far, but casting Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont) as Bruce Wayne is a good way to get me to consider changing that.

It's a pretty good show and a not great adaptation.