DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

Now that I think about it, Flash is the only show that has really tried to establish a big villain for the season. I don't watch Black Lightening, but LoT, Supergirl and Arrow have all been very reserved with this.

Black Lightning's big villain is Tobias Whale. He just isn't a seasonal big villain so much as Black Lightning's Lex Luthor at this point. Supergirl's end season boss has been building in the background with whatever clone formed of her last season, currently residing in Russia. Arrow likely relates to whatever we are seeing in the future and whoever John and Lyta are hunting. Legends revealed Neron last episode. Flash is just the only show with theirs front and center which has honestly worked against it somewhat. They need to realize not everything needs to tie back in to whatever seasonal big bad they are dealing with.

• Like 1

From what I can gather, Cameron Monaghan has played the Joker as one twin then the other in Gotham. I've liked what I've seen in Monaghan's performance. Images have leaked of the look taken from the season's Finale apparently. 

e0KEdtD.jpg

YeTQoCz.jpg

I quite like it as I have all three Joker looks in Gotham. Needs some more hair.

15 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

It's not your Titans?

Eh. It's just... I get the changes, I get connecting Kor to Raven, etc. But it didn't really feel like any incarnation of the team or the individual characters (except me Gar and maybe kinda Donna) from the comics or past adaptations.

Well, I guess Hank, Don and Dawn felt pretty accurate minus their powers. It was just odd. But the show worked on its own terms.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes sense for Arrow, since they put a very obvious end stamp on the character at the end of Elseworlds. I was curious how they would manage this when they announced the new season. This works for me. You get a chance to have a nice wrap up on the series, and go out before it goes too far off the rails.

Its nice to see my Cicada theory is correct. I knew something was off with him being the supposed big bad when they mentioned him disappearing and then returning years later after Barry disappeared.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its nice to see my Cicada theory is correct. I knew something was off with him being the supposed big bad when they mentioned him disappearing and then returning years later after Barry disappeared.

From the preview last week until the last 10 minutes I was just thinking how awfully convenient it is that they were going to put a supposed end to him.  Loved the ending though.

Not sure who's watching Supergirl but it was impossible to not to draw parallels between this episode and real life.  It struck a big-time chord and the scene with "Mad World" playing in the background was incredibly powerful.  Definitely worth checking out.

And while I'm at it I wonder how caught up @J.T. is with Black Lightning.  While it's been a weird season in parts I generally really liked it.  And whoever picks the music for the show deserves a raise.

• Like 2