DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I want someone to go back to 2003 me and explain that there are Flash, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Kate Kane Batwoman, Doom Patrol, Titans, Stargirl, and Swamp Thing shows all coming in the same year. Plus try to explain whatever the hell Legends is to me. That's probably the only one I'd believe, and I'd get it all wrong. "Ha, so they made Ray Palmer into Ted Kord and made them all idiots. Of course they did. They can't get anything right!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still watching Gotham?  I've always kinda of enjoyed the show even though it's had a lot of issues it has never managed to solve.Gotham generally looks nice and is gleefully over-the-top.  Fun, if you don't it too seriously.

So I'm a little sad that I really hate the Warriors/Mad Max playbook the show is cribbing from this season.  Only three episodes in, but it's just too far out there and not much fun for me so far.  I'll give it a bit to pick up, but I'm already considering checking out.

Watched this week's episode of Flash this morning.  I like Nora quite a bit, but, so far, this season isn't doing much for me.  I'm hoping they swerve us and Thawne is not the big bad of the season and is straight-up manipulating XS, but I don't really believe that will be the case.  Along those lines, I think there's about a 100% chance that the metahuman cure gets used on someone against their will this season or next - probably Barry or Nora.

I thought they were writing out Jessie L. Martin, but Google says he injured his back over the summer and has been on medical leave, but will be back soon.  

Kind of annoyed with them going the Emiko route for Arrow. It takes away any sense of the future story line they have been running. I'm sure things will line up properly at some point, but it all feels like it will be significantly less interesting however it does.

Black Lightning going Mortal Kombat towards the end this week was surprising and pretty fucked up.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Black Lightning going Mortal Kombat towards the end this week was surprising and pretty fucked up.

I am avoiding all reviews until I watch the episode this weekend, but everyone a work is talking about this and I am kinda furious.

• Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, Eivion said:

Sorry you're having it spoiled for you.

Yeah, I watched the episode over the weekend.  Really enjoyed it until the extremely fucked up ending. 

I think they went over the top.  I don't really need any more reasons to hate Tobias Whale, but up until now I wanted him brought to justice.

Now I want the dude dead.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I watched the episode over the weekend.  Really enjoyed it until the extremely fucked up ending. 

I think they went over the top.  I don't really need any more reasons to hate Tobias Whale, but up until now I wanted him brought to justice.

Now I want the dude dead.

I'm not going to say a thing about last night's episode but it's a good one that will definitely reinforce your view on Tobias.

And I honestly loved the spine removal scene.  It's fucked up with what it means for Khalil but that was some Mortal Kombat type shit.

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

My gut said we weren't getting more Legends so I'm real glad I was wrong. After Magicians, it's probably my favorite show on TV right now.

Legends is my favorite show as well, but I'm not worried about CW cancelling it or any of the Berlanti shows. CW apparently will keep anything with a following. I mean, Supernatural has been on for 47 seasons.

I am sad and I am also a week behind.

Spoiler

RIP Khalil Payne aka Painkiller. :(

I marked for the trailer for the Feb 4th episode.

"I'm gonna put Tobias Whale in the ground."

OH SHIT, SON~!

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am sad and I am also a week behind.

Reveal hidden contents

RIP Khalil Payne aka Painkiller. :(

I marked for the trailer for the Feb 4th episode.

"I'm gonna put Tobias Whale in the ground."

OH SHIT, SON~!

Will just say that nothing has really happened there yet. Sounds like that will be more for the next episode.

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

Will just say that nothing has really happened there yet. Sounds like that will be more for the next episode.

Yeah, I figured that was more of a season finale deal. 

I also cannot believe that Tobias is going to get snuffed anytime soon with the Black Lightning clan about to add another costumed hero to the unit.

Kinda wild to me that Arrow has given us practically nothing on who the big bad for the season is. They've mentioned "Dante" a few times, but I'm not even sure this person even matters. The Curtis exit felt very abrupt.

Flash is trying their best to make Cicada feel like this huge deal, but I'm not feeling it at all tbh.

Cicada would feel like a bigger deal if they didn’t keep stopping him, only to turn their back on him and let him fly away. You’ve got multiple speedsters and power dampener cuffs, along with Killer Frost who doesn’t lose her powers around him. Take a split second to cuff him and then check on whomever’s injured.