DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

The revelation of who is directing Nora from the future is interesting. Was also neat hearing mention of the Legion.

It was interesting, but not too surprising. We don’t know who he is supposed to be do we, as there would seemingly be no reason for Thawne to be disguised as Wells in the future.

My hunch is that they did actually change time when they went back. Harry noticed the Flash ring, Zoom was seemingly stopped by a Time Wraith instead of Team Flash, and Wells knows of Nora now (who he thought was Dawn). We already know Nora has changed some stuff from her timeline, presumably at Prisoner Wells direction, and I assume some stuff was changed again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

It was interesting, but not too surprising. We don’t know who he is supposed to be do we, as there would seemingly be no reason for Thawne to be disguised as Wells in the future.

My hunch is that they did actually change time when they went back. Harry noticed the Flash ring, Zoom was seemingly stopped by a Time Wraith instead of Team Flash, and Wells knows of Nora now (who he thought was Dawn). We already know Nora has changed some stuff from her timeline, presumably at Prisoner Wells direction, and I assume some stuff was changed again.

Was Zoom actually stopped or simply thrown back into the time he was supposed to be from?

Goddamn I will never NOT be confused by the Thawne timeline in this universe lol. The Wells version of Thawne is easily my favorite villain in the Arrowverse though, so I'm glad we'll be seeing him more. I have zero idea how he's still alive, however.

Time Travel is weird. Apparently, Thawne and Barry have been fighting throughout time for a long time, and Thawne is more knowledgeable about their history since he's always coming from a point where he's hated Barry for years and years.

And to be honest, I like the other blonde Thawne better. He was so great in Legends season 2.

• Like 1

Being absorbed into the Speed Force would account for why he thought Nora was still Dawn.  I really wonder if they're going to explain what all happened before Dawn/Nora's Flashpoint.  The biggest visual clue was her having completely different hair before and after.

18 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Time Travel is weird. Apparently, Thawne and Barry have been fighting throughout time for a long time, and Thawne is more knowledgeable about their history since he's always coming from a point where he's hated Barry for years and years.

And to be honest, I like the other blonde Thawne better. He was so great in Legends season 2.

I like both Thawnes, but yeah I'm with you on preferring the blonde.

Thawne as far we have seen has been the same one every time I want to say.

Good start on Elseworlds. Lots of fun little lines and callbacks("Nanites. Courtesy of Ray Palmer" maybe the most obscure callback line they've ever done).  Ollie version of Flash dropping the "You have failed this city" line was legit LOL.  Loved alpha male Ollie feeling super inferior in meeting Superman, which was exactly how I wanted their first meeting to go.

• Like 1

When I saw the trailer for Elseworlds, I thought to myself, " Is the bad guy Dr. Destiny?"

And it is!  

And one show in, (I'm a day behind, I watch on the CW ap), we have Dr. Destiny, Amazo, and the Monitor? Again, these shows are heaven for 48 year old comic nerds.

• Like 2

So Legends was wonderful and insane as expected.

Just finished part two of Elseworlds, and I fucking love it. Its not last year's big drama, but it is so damn fun and awesome. The Gotham stuff was good, and Rose did better as Kate than I expected. I also love Oliver and Barry arguing over whether or not Batman exist while Kara is in the background with this, he damn well does and is scary, face. I love her keeping Bruce's secret since she knows they haven't met him yet.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm going to go ahead and say that 2019's crossover will be Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Why just because we have a future daughter in Flash clearly trying to save Barry from it, and this Elseworlds crossover blatantly hints towards it? Means nothing, absolutely nothing. I'm trying to recall the year Barry is supposed to disappear because that is the year for it. Its goign to be insane if it happens. Hopefully Black Lightning is involved when it happens. I really want that show to be on Supergirl's earth since heroes are already so established.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’d be shocked if they waited until 2024 to do Crisis.

Was it 2024 or was that just Iris's follow up story? Not sure why, but for some reason I keep thinking its 2020. They definitely aren't waiting till 2024. They are doing too much build up for it already so you probably aren't wrong about it being next year's crossover.

I'm pretty sure it was still 2024 in the series premiere of this season when Nora showed Barry the updated newspaper hologram. Some sites even have the text of some of the article, and it mentions Batwoman (and Supergirl, Elongated Man, Green Arrow, etc) in the battle.

• Like 1

Some great little things again in Part 2. My favorite being a throwaway line from Felicity suggesting that she and Barry dated!!!!!  I've been shipping those two since Arrow s2, so I fangirled on that one.  Love that Diggle is Green Lantern on 90's Flash's Earth, mostly because I think he'd play a damn fine John Stewart.  Ruby Rose did great as Batwoman. I popped HARD for the Merlyn cameo too.

Like mentioned above, it doesn't have the drama of Crisis on Earth X, but Elseworlds has been SO fun.  I can see why they had to leave the Legends out of this one now, because having time travel available would kill alot of this plot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

So these Arrrowverse crossovers are once a year? This year is Elseworlds. How was Ruby Rose's Batwoman? Have to try and see it.

She did a solid job with what she had. I'm curious how a pilot of Batwoman with her would turn out. Part 2 of Elseworlds definitely has me more excited for it with her in the role than before.

And yes the BIG crossover takes place once a season around December. Last year's was fantastic, and this year's has been a tremendous amount of fun.

• Thanks 1

The annual crossover are the same as what the comics used to do, JLA and JSA on multiple earths or with characters from multiple earths.

Earth 90 while being 90s tv flash earth also seems to be based on earth 8 ( infinite crisis)where Huntress, black firestorm would had been on if the earths didn't merge in the comics.

latest?cb=20180102170455

They need to adapt the Shazam earth S crossover since they already did Earth X. Or Earth A or even Earth 3 (of course different number for the tv multiverse since its already taken).

I guess Earth 4 aka Charlton might show up during the crisis.

The amount of build out they had to do for a single episode makes me think they're really serious about a Batwoman series, and I'd totally be down for that.

This week's Legends lampshading them not being in the crossover this year was pretty funny too.

• Like 1