DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I'm not shocked at all. The trailers seemed to hint this was the new norm for a bit so I expected Ollie would be in prison for at least a fourth of the season. Even with the crossover coming I'm not sure he will be out with the elseworlds title and the photos pushing alternate versions of the main heroes.

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm not shocked at all. The trailers seemed to hint this was the new norm for a bit so I expected Ollie would be in prison for at least a fourth of the season. Even with the crossover coming I'm not sure he will be out with the elseworlds title and the photos pushing alternate versions of the main heroes.

Everything I've read about Elseworlds gets more and more confusing, tbh. I'm not sure WHAT to expect there or how they handle it.

2 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Everything I've read about Elseworlds gets more and more confusing, tbh. I'm not sure WHAT to expect there or how they handle it.

Yeah, at this point I'm starting to wonder if it will be a proper crossover or maybe a legit Elseworlds story where all of our big heroes are on one earth. Seeing that this is mainly to introduce Batwoman I could kind of see it though I was really hoping that one would take place on Supergirl's Earth. I'm confused and curious whatever the case may be. All I know is that there is no way they can measure up to last year's crossover so its best to not even try and instead just go for something different.

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yeah, at this point I'm starting to wonder if it will be a proper crossover or maybe a legit Elseworlds story where all of our big heroes are on one earth. Seeing that this is mainly to introduce Batwoman I could kind of see it though I was really hoping that one would take place on Supergirl's Earth. I'm confused and curious whatever the case may be. All I know is that there is no way they can measure up to last year's crossover so its best to not even try and instead just go for something different.

It's weird, but a huge chunk of my enjoyment of the crossovers, is getting to see all of the friends reconnect once per year. It doesn't feel the same if it's different versions of the same people to me. Maybe I'm just a sucker for friendship lol

Multiple Earth's, some get destroyed, Batwoman earths get destroyed and lands on another Earth. So far seems it's reverse earth, Dark Superman Earth, Old tv Flash Earth. Else-worlds rarely crossover with the Main Earth before they retired that label for the comics.

• Like 1

I was loving all of the little callbacks to seasons 1-3 on Arrow this week, and the show as a whole is still delivering this season. The slower, more methodical approach is a breath of fresh air. Still feels weird not having Quintin around tho :(

Legends was suitably nuts, again.  The gd fairy godmother breaking out in song was an all-time moment on the show. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

So, who told Nora she had powers and likely sent her back in time to alter the timeline?

Was wondering the same thing. Also did she even talk to future iris about this, or just get pissed off and run away?

Next week is Ragdoll and it looks pretty damn creepy. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised they didn't have it done this week for Halloween.

Maybe it was the Legion because they needed her for a mission that had nothing to do with her going back and altering the timeline. She dropped Lightning Lad's name in a previous episode.

But the reason Future Iris had her powers dampened is probably to have hidden her from Cicada.

So anyone else catch Supergirl from last night yet? I'm kid of curious what people thought of this version of Manchester Black. I don't know too much about the character since I've only seen the Superman vs. the Elite move and read the Rebirth story with Black. Honestly, it didn't really feel like Black at all, and I have no idea what the point of using him the character name was.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

So anyone else catch Supergirl from last night yet? I'm kid of curious what people thought of this version of Manchester Black. I don't know too much about the character since I've only seen the Superman vs. the Elite move and read the Rebirth story with Black. Honestly, it didn't really feel like Black at all, and I have no idea what the point of using him the character name was.

I don't read the comics so unsure of how Manchester was supposed to be.  But I liked him fine enough.

Speaking of Supergirl I'm really liking the season so far.  Granted, a lot of it has to do with the not-so-subtle message they're putting out there and using that to talk about aliens and such.  But that aside the villains are delightfully evil and it generally makes for a pretty great hour of TV.

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't read the comics so unsure of how Manchester was supposed to be.  But I liked him fine enough.

Speaking of Supergirl I'm really liking the season so far.  Granted, a lot of it has to do with the not-so-subtle message they're putting out there and using that to talk about aliens and such.  But that aside the villains are delightfully evil and it generally makes for a pretty great hour of TV.

Oh I like the character. Its just not remotely Manchester Black from what little I know.

I've also been digging the season so far. Supergirl has never been subtle about its messages. Its both sometimes annoying and what helps it stand out more from other Berlanti DC shows.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Oh I like the character. Its just not remotely Manchester Black from what little I know.

I've also been digging the season so far. Supergirl has never been subtle about its messages. Its both sometimes annoying and what helps it stand out more from other Berlanti DC shows.

It definitely can be a bit much even for my liking.  But considering I catch up on Supergirl on Mondays having Legends on after that really balances it out with the wacky shit they do.

Because I paid for it, I've been watching TITANS, and it works much better as an anthology series to introduce more superheroes to the Berlantiverse.  The main story is bland, bland, bland.

Hawk and Dove being non-powered was also dumb, but they got the characterization right for the most part.

17 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Ok, since Black Siren briefly mentioned the Felicity from her Earth, am I to believe that the stuff we are seeing with William and Roy is from that Earth?  That plotline has gotten very confusing.

Uhm, no. Didn't really feel like they were connected at all. Its pretty clear what we are seeing is a future Earth 1 gone horribly wrong, at least with the Star City crew. Either William or Roy is the current Green Arrow clearly having gone back in time to change things.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Uhm, no. Didn't really feel like they were connected at all. Its pretty clear what we are seeing is a future Earth 1 gone horribly wrong, at least with the Star City crew. Either William or Roy is the current Green Arrow clearly having gone back in time to change things.

Honestly, that was my thought until the mention of the other Felicity, but you are likely right. All it takes is one encounter with a speedster or the Legends and William goes back in time. We don't even have to see it happen tbh, but I'm with you in thinking that William is the fake Green Arrow.  You think it's possible that the flash forwards could be in the same timeline where the Legends met Connor Hawke?