DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

On Friday, October 05, 2018 at 2:40 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I love the Harley Quinn teaser. They have some awesome actors/actresses lined up for that series too, one of which will make this board very happy. 

Diedrich Bader? That was my highlight from the Harley Quinn teaser.

On 10/2/2018 at 2:22 AM, The Natural said:

New Titans trailer:

The unexpected news is that Titans will debut on Netflix internationally. 

Also this trailer was a marked improvement over the awful first one.

It looks like an SNL sketch at the end of the night that got thrown in there to make up time

• Like 1

A few sites whose opinions I trust say they like the first 3 episodes of Titans.  Seems like it's getting better reviews than first thought.  Of course some people will complain about violence but there have been versions of these characters that have used brute force,  it's not something out of thin air and apparently there is some levity..  

On 10/1/2018 at 9:22 AM, The Natural said:

New Titans trailer:

The unexpected news is that Titans will debut on Netflix internationally. 

Also this trailer was a marked improvement over the awful first one.

I totally did not know that Hawk and Dove was part of this show... so did a double-take and thought it was Azrael instead.

EDIT: I now want Azrael to be in this but found out that he's on Gotham... yeah, fuck Gotham.

• Like 1

Batman likes to kill, when he's being written by someone who doesn't understand the character. Which seems to happen quite a lot in mediums that aren't DC comics.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ruby Rose as Batwoman:

DpEoPS0VsAEDCaf.jpg

I like it.

The lack of red gloves is disappointing. Not bad otherwise though I have no idea what emotion Rose is supposed to be portraying in this picture.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Season premiere of Black Lightning is tonight.  That's about all of the DC TV that I am actually interested in watching.

That is a pity. Legends is a very fun show after the first season.

I may or may not have googled the actress who plays Nora, and believe it or not that woman is 34 fucking years old.  I felt like a creeper, because I thought she was like 19, but lusting after a 34-year-old is totally acceptable for my 37-year-old ass.  

11 hours ago, supremebve said:

I may or may not have googled the actress who plays Nora, and believe it or not that woman is 34 fucking years old.  I felt like a creeper, because I thought she was like 19, but lusting after a 34-year-old is totally acceptable for my 37-year-old ass.  

Settle down, Supremebveko (though I totally get it)  But she was on Carson Daly's show and I guess with the longer hair she looked like she is 34.  But regarding the show she's a great addition to the show so far.  I kind of had to laugh at how much she was fangirling over everything to the point it was almost like she was parroting what people said online.  It had that plus a slighter heavier tone halfway through and it all made for a pretty darn good season opener.  Still need to see Black Lightning but hope it treated you well, @J.T.

• Like 1

The season opener was very strong.  

Spoiler

Poor Syonide.  She finally got a speaking part and known meta abilities (carbon fiber armor under her skin??) and an official name last season only to apparently get herself perished in the very first episode of Season Two by... ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL FOUDY~??

Inspector Henderson knows that Jefferson is Black Lightning and the wisdom has made him none too happy.  Homeboys do NOT like to get played, so I am sure this will end poorly by the season finale.

11 hours ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

I'll guess it's the original format, not the more recent stuff.

ETA: Meaning a Mission: Impossible/Charlie's Angels mash-up seems much more CBS's style than a ragtag group of weirdo super-villains.

Boo.  When you said "original format", i was hoping you meant the beginning of Gail Simone's run.

I can imagine this turning into yet another perfectly bland CBS procedural.