DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

Tough crowd (filled with guys that like androgynous tomboys with dude haircuts and manly, manly chiseled jaws), tough crowd...

(Insert gif of Rodney Dangerfield loosening his tie here)

But hey, you guys do you. I'll be here in the background, silently weeping for a bygone era when actresses actually looked feminine, and wondering why Bailey Jay looks more fem than many of the Hollywood starlets with the Jodie Foster/Angelina Jolie/Carla Delavigne "chiseled jaw" look that is so in fashion these days...

These aren't my words, this is just what I'm hearing on the internet.  

I don't know you and I've never seen you, but I'd bet every dollar in my pocket that all of those women are happier, healthier, more wealthy, better people, better looking, and more talented than you are now and will ever dream to be.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lurkerbelow said:

Tough crowd (filled with guys that like androgynous tomboys with dude haircuts and manly, manly chiseled jaws), tough crowd...

(Insert gif of Rodney Dangerfield loosening his tie here)

But hey, you guys do you. I'll be here in the background, silently weeping for a bygone era when actresses actually looked feminine, and wondering why Bailey Jay looks more fem than many of the Hollywood starlets with the Jodie Foster/Angelina Jolie/Carla Delavigne "chiseled jaw" look that is so in fashion these days...

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

Oh I am in zero mood to deal with this nonsense. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Also, for the record, LGBTQ has been the "mainstream" version of the acronym for around 15 years, but there's no "official" form of it.

LGBTQIA+, LGBTQ+, LGBTQIA2, BGLQT, QUILTBAG, LGBT are all fine, honestly. (The last probably only if you're over 70). Focus less on semantics than acceptance.

❤️?????

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Glad to see Fraser getting some work. Feels like the guy has really dropped off the radar the past 10 years or so. 

There was an interview around Christmas, dude has had a really rough time since he fell out of the spotlight. Not "drugs and scandals" rough, more "shitty divorce plus years of doing his own stunts catching up to him" rough.

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

There was an interview around Christmas, dude has had a really rough time since he fell out of the spotlight. Not "drugs and scandals" rough, more "shitty divorce plus years of doing his own stunts catching up to him" rough.

Also being the victim of sexual assault

On 8/22/2018 at 12:46 AM, Betsy Zeidler said:

Also being the victim of sexual assault

I somehow missed that story.  No human deserves to go through that and we all need to do more to help survivors and to keep new ones from happening.

On a lighter note, Universe launches 9/15 and it sounds like the 15 months for $75 deal will go away on that date.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Okay, one plus, it has the first 36 issues of Starman.

Okay, so it has #0-38 but it's missing like 3 random issues leaving it with 36 out of those 39.

I know it's still beta, but what the fuck?

I wish I had caught that DCU went live 2 days early an hour and a half ago so I could make a "they did it thirty-five minutes ago" joke.  Nonetheless, if you've ever wanted to see the Legends of the Superheroes roast or the Kathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman pilot, now's your chance.  The thing I most want to watch while knowing very well that I'll regret doing so is Superboy from the 80s.  Notable absences that aren't recent enough to be obvious are pretty much anything by Filmation, the Arrowverse (unless you count Constantine), Superman vs the Elite, and Green Lantern TV.

"The Full DC Digital Comics library will be available to purchase in October"

I'm really wondering what exactly that means. They did add a ton more comics from the beta, but it's still the same weird assortment on Starman, for example. Or having issues 2-4 of COIE is pretty odd.

I have it for fifteen months, so we'll see if it's worth keeping.

They only have the first three seasons of Teen Titans for some reason.