DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sadly, Supreme, since you are a dude you are not her type.

Damn, if she liked dudes, I'd be in there.  This reminds me of the time my friend came up to me and told me Halle Berry was getting divorced, and for a split second, I stood there looking like Lloyd Christmas.

ex0rqf4.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So Black Lightning taking the CW-verse Time Travel trope to new levels?

Yeah. that's supposed to be 2019.  I really should transition from coffee to water now.

11 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Damn, if she liked dudes, I'd be in there.  This reminds me of the time my friend came up to me and told me Halle Berry was getting divorced, and for a split second, I stood there looking like Lloyd Christmas.

ex0rqf4.jpg

Don't feel bad.  When the rumors were dispelled about Nathalie Emmanuelle getting engaged, I celebrated.

Then my friend at work, Lisa, was like "You have a better chance of winning the Powerball than hooking up with her, JT."

Unfazed, I replied, "Well, at least I'd be rich..."

14 hours ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

I've heard some dissenting opinions on Ms. Rose, what's the deal?

People seem to feel she can't act. I've only seen her in interviews and John Wick 2 where she was silent so I have no strong opinion. My general distrusts of Batwoman is more as a CW show in the Berlantiverse. I like the shows more than most but don't have strongest confidence in them doing Kate (and maybe Bat Family stuff in general) well.

The latest Vin Diesel xXx films will tell you what you need to know.

She's not really an actor. Just one of those famous for being famous types. Girlfriend of one of the Veronicas. Subsequently became a DJ who couldn't DJ. A comedian who wasn't funny. A boxer who couldn't box. A TV host that wasn't good at hosting. Probably missing a whole heap of shit in between but she's just not very good at much.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:28 AM, Betsy Zeidler said:

I've heard some dissenting opinions on Ms. Rose, what's the deal?

She's got some shade from the LGBT community too, both for being kind of a safe choice (less her fault) but also for behavioural stuff like outing Demi Lovato and hanging with Floyd Mayweather despite him being well known as an abusive creep, plus some other criticisms. Just little bits of bad behaviour that individually would be kind of whatever but come together to form a more problematic whole.

In terms of her acting, Kate Kane falls under the Batman rule where as long as she can do stoic she'll be fine enough for the most part.

I have faith in all that is Berlanti . Especially with LBGTQ characters and storylines. Besides my love of these shows because of how deep rooted they are in hardcore fandom and geekiness...they fly their liberal, progressive,  and inspiring flag big time on their universe. Supergirl went to the CW and became the most inspiring show with a female lead and perspective out there, complete witb Kryptonian withches and Mon-El in his Adventure Comics suit! 

They have had gay and bi characters on these shows for some time, and have been done better than on most "serious" TV.

I know I fucked up the initials, but shit, is there just a word to use? For those of us on the right side of things who prefer simplicity? 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I know I fucked up the initials, but shit, is there just a word to use? For those of us on the right side of things who prefer simplicity? 

I use QUILTBAG, myself.

Coming out of lurker mode to post some quotes regarding Ruby Rose as Batwoman. I did not write these, but found them interesting, and relevant.

I think the character is boring and the actress is ugly. However, it’s not really for me and that’s fine. Not everything has to be. I don’t bear Rose any ill will whatsoever. I hope she does well. Trust me, they will write her as a lesbian first, woman second, and crime fighter third. That’s all they know. Also, she’s not really a deep character to my knowledge. I’m hard pressed to think of a character that’s less fleshed out. She’s a lesbian Jewish Batman knockoff. Hell, Alfred is more interesting. Kite Man is more interesting. The interesting angle here is the SJW crap. Those people are absolutely insane. When WE complain (I mean comic readers/conservatives/people with respect towards the characters) we are man babies or racist or whatever. But this actress isn’t gay enough? Not Jewish enough? WTF? Who gives a crap? The guy who plays Darrel on Walking Dead isn’t a backwoods hillbilly in real life. Henry Cavill isn’t an Alien. Arnold is not actually a time traveling robot. This gets ridiculous fast.

This could be the toxic fandom to end comic book properties in film and television. These SJW groups have shown their cards and everyone can see what they are: a group of sad, despicable whiners who demand characters be played by themselves. I.e. blacks can only play black characters, gay gender fluid characters can only play gay characters, etc. I hope they bring the whole thing down just so they go away and don’t have anything to hate...