DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

The courtroom stuff was bad.  No attorney is going submit a photo into evidence immediately after getting the photo.  And then to just buy the alibi? No, “Hey, maybe we should see if that guys father is alive or died of ALS.”? Just, “damn, that didn’t work. Oh well.”

Then you have Iris, who’s ostensibly a reporter, get what’s basically a confession out of the wife, and she didn’t think to record her? (Maybe in Central City you need both parties consent?) It would have been an interesting wrinkle to have the wife screw things up by not thinking ahead.

I like the song so that was an awesome moment for me.

I enjoyed the Flash more so for everything outside of the courtroom. The actual trial parts I was kind of indifferent about. Personally I'm disappointed nothing crazy happened that caused Mark Valley to save people from a villain before ripping his mask off to reveal Will Traval.

African American who is a high school principal, father of two daughters, and a superhero. 

African American crime boss with a melanin deficiency who feeds dudes to piranhas. 

James mother fucking Remar as the superhero gadget mentor posing as a lowly cobbler.

Yeah. I am in for the long term with Black Lightning.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Courtrooms in comic books have never been realistic.  I liked Flash.

But, how cool was the Legion showing up to fight with Bon Jovi playing? And I hate Bon Jovi.

Nearly as cool as Black Lightning thrashing a motel full of bad guys to Lazaretto by Jack White.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Nearly as cool as Black Lightning thrashing a motel full of bad guys to Lazaretto by Jack White.

The music on Black Lightning was outstanding.  When that Gil Scott Heron song came on I almost stood up and applauded.  

I really liked Black Lightning, and all the fine ass melanin that was strutting around.  Every male student in that school is trying to figure out how to shoot their shot with the secretary.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I need to make time asap for Black Lightning and Supergirl, don't I?

I am more of a Marvel guy but yeah, we all need to make time for DC Television this season.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, supremebve said:

I really liked Black Lightning, and all the fine ass melanin that was strutting around.  Every male student in that school is trying to figure out how to shoot their shot with the secretary.

Well, we all saw what happens when you try to shoot your shot with his daughters.   Wow..

Now I see why God didn't give me any superpowers because I would probably abuse them. 

I'm sure my kid would hate me if I showed up bathed in an electrical aura when she and her friends were hanging out at the mall talking about, "It's past your curfew, young lady."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I need to make time asap for Black Lightning and Supergirl, don't I?

I wouldn't necessarily drop any DC shows, but if you were on the fence about Flash and especially LoT then subbing in Supergirl and Black Lightning will be a considerable upgrade.

I'm actually caught up on all the DC shows up to the winter break.  What I meant was I need to find time to catch this week's eps of Black Lightning and Supergirl.

I've really liked Supergirl this year.  And I saw that as someone who hated season 2 so much I gave up about 2/3 of the way in.

I like the idea of Team Arrow: Wolfpack and Hollywood. Will be interesting to see which team is more effective before they inevitably just all end up doing whatever Oliver tells them to anyway.

Flash and Arrow both having non-conventional villains this season is such a refreshing change of pace. Enemies that they can't just outfight or outrun. Tbh this is the best season of Arrow since S2.

• Like 3

I take it I’m the only one that really, really enjoyed S3 of Arrow with all of the Ra’s al Ghul stuff? I wish they would have explored that some more instead of having it just be a swerve ultimately.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I take it I’m the only one that really, really enjoyed S3 of Arrow with all of the Ra’s al Ghul stuff? I wish they would have explored that some more instead of having it just be a swerve ultimately.

I enjoyed parts of it, but I would have rather them not fully use the League of Assassins. It was always going to come across a bit too inferior ripping story directly from Batman for Arrow.

I'm pretty sure Black Lightning has the best musical director on television after the first two episodes.  Last week I mentioned how much fine assed melanin was on this show, but this week the daughter's girlfriend showed up and made me realize what the words "Fine assed" really means.  I don't know how I feel about the 100s yet.  They seem like they're just a little too powerful in a way that is kind of pulling me out of the show.  There is no way whatsoever they would be able to restart their prostitution ring the day after that many gunshots were fired at that motel.  That place would pretty much be closed down forever.  

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'm pretty sure Black Lightning has the best musical director on television after the first two episodes.  Last week I mentioned how much fine assed melanin was on this show, but this week the daughter's girlfriend showed up and made me realize what the words "Fine assed" really means.  I don't know how I feel about the 100s yet.  They seem like they're just a little too powerful in a way that is kind of pulling me out of the show.  There is no way whatsoever they would be able to restart their prostitution ring the day after that many gunshots were fired at that motel.  That place would pretty much be closed down forever.  

BL has obviously abandoned the DCU version of the 100, but the character of Tobias Whale is being run in similar flavor to various villainous businessmen like Brad Wesley from Roadhouse or Jay Hamilton from the Walking Tall joint that had The Rock in it.

Everyone in that city knows the 100 runs things but the cops and local government don't really want to admit it.  That's why The 100 are brazen and run their operations out in the open and have nightclubs named after them.