DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm finally catching up on the TV Shows, and I'm wondering something with Legends...

How the hell does Dhark have his super powers when he doesn't have the totem?

Didn't the totem only give him extra power?

Well, when Ollie and 2017 Vixxen destroyed the totem, Dhark lost his power until it was reassembled, it's how they arrested him.  And it was destroyed, which is how Ollie managed to kill Dhark.  So, outside of Mallus, what's powering Dhark?

Crisis on Earth-X: Nazi's were always on point with their costume designs-  Overgirl's threads were freakin fantastic! It's interesting that Overgirl didn't go All-Star with the sun overdose.

"Oliver in the High Castle"... heh.

It's too bad they don't do mini-series, because I'd love to see their take on Superman: Red Son.

EDIT: Oh yeah, what a difference between S1 Supergirl Red Tornado and Crisis X Red Tornado. Crisis X RT was legit scary. Hopefully, Freedom Fighters: The Ray expands on the background of Earth X because it's ripe with plot.

And absolutely love Berlantiverse homages and cameos. If this was an anime, there would be pages and pages of sub notes similar to Zetsubou Sensei.

Supergirl rules. They figured out a way to work in Mon-El trapped somewhere for a 1000 years into the Legion being inspired to exist by Supergirl into Saturn Girl wearing a pink Ed Wood approved sweater with shoulder pads that slightly look like discs. I love these shows so fucking much.

So much that I can get past the whole " It's not an S , its the El family crest, its just a coincidence" bullshit I've hated since I was eight years old and saw the movie.

Okay now I'm pissed. Why the fuck was that made canon or even mentioned again? Ma Kent deciding to put an S on the suit based on Lois Lane calling the mysterious new blur " Superman" is both a better story beat and not a fucking convoluted explanation to explain why he has an S on his chest.

Reign' s costume kinda stinks, but that fight was fucking awesome.  

And the best parts of Byrne's Man Of Steel reboot was ditching the Kryptonian stuff as much as he could, keeping Ma and Pa alive, and focusing on the fact that he's Clark Kent, not Kal-El.

Supergirl was fantastic with her battle against Reign (though I might start referring to her as Satan Girl, sounds like a more fitting name)  I loved that even though you know Supergirl's going to wake up she took so much damage that it's going to be interesting to see how the crew handles things without her.  Flash had a nice twist at the end so that'd be cool to see how the court case plays out.  And I'm still working on LoT but I couldn't help but laugh at the Vikings worshipping Beebo of all things.  Was a nice setup for the second half which I still need to see.

Reign's costume was kinda first pass meh but like this was what they had to work with, it's a wonder they actually managed to incorporate some of the elements.

The fight was pretty bitchin for sure thou. It seems when the Kryptonians throw down, their power levels are so high that the differences are practically negligible, it's the drive/desire that wins out: like Supergirl got the better of Superman because she had a strong reason to while Superman was just a drone, Reign won because her conviction was stronger than that of an emotionally destabilized Supergirl.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:13 AM, Mickie Zeidler said:

"Beebo, God of War" was the first time I really felt like LoT was an episode of the Giffen/Demattis JLI.

Would highly recommend the episode to anyone.

You've talked me into dropping Lot after the crossover.  Congrats. (I'm several weeks behind on all the Berlanti shows).

Watched several eps of Supergirl last night to catch up to the crossover.  Liking the season so far.  Really enjoyed the Midvale episode and the Smallville reference was amusing.  Wasn't thrilled to see Mon-el return, but, meh...  They handled Alex's storyline really well, though I'm a little concerned they'll turn her straight again now that the Maggie romance is seemingly over/

They did a nice job building Odette  Annable's character.  I actually felt bad for her when she realized she was going to become some sort of villain, not the super-powered hero her daughter wanted.  I wish they hadn't tied her to Lena and Kara so closely but I guess they wanted to ramp up the pathos.  Really didn't expect she'd become Reign so early in the season. 

They handled Alex's storyline really well, though I'm a little concerned they'll turn her straight again now that the Maggie romance is seemingly over/

Nope, not doing that.

But after watching Crisis on Earth X, I've come to the opinion that WB should hand Berlanti everything DC to do the films and forget the last round existed (hell, keep Gal as Diana and Moma as Aquaman, but recast everything else.)

• Like 3