DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I loved Legends this week. I just realized the new member is Isis,  and that plays into the previous talk about it feeling like JLU.  One of the things I loved about those books was the randomness of certain characters who'd be part of the team for awhile, and Isis fits that bill. And the best arcs of those books were when through the silliness there's a huge serious threat to handle, and that's what they're building to here. 

And last year these shows were all full of angst, let's save that for Arrow and have fun.

Oh, and I adore how Flash introduced the Elongated Man. The actor is perfect, looks exactly like Ralph, and when he said " I smell a mystery.", I geeked out.

Flash for the first time in awhile was my favorite DC show this week.  Dibney was an unapologetic sleazeball yet I couldn't help but like the guy.  Him sneezing and Joe's reaction was tremendous.  And Danny f'n Trejo is forever da man, seeing him on a DC show was amazing.  I liked LoT for the 80s vibe but Supergirl was a very close second.  It was nice having two episodes not be action-heavy but it was still a wonderful watch.  But it's nice to see at the end that shit's about to ramp up so this'll be great.

I liked Supergirl as well, but I feel like they've had too many "Very Special Episodes" already this season.  Maybe they are getting all that out of the way before the actual overall arc kicks in.  After the shaky premiere, Flash has actually been fantastic. The dialogue has been witty and fun, and the show has gone back to being simple and lighthearted like S1. Love that they are aping some of the effects that the Marvel films use for Quicksilver. It's inexpensive and effective in showing Barry's speed.

While I'm halfway through Flash (so far so good) I just wanted to say how heart-breaking it was with how the Maggie/Alex story played out.  They clearly wanted to make it work but the whole kids things was enough to put an end to it.  It really, really sucked seeing that.  While I was hoping more for a "shit just got real" moment with the lead poisoning story I still love the story they were telling with those two.  My wife doesn't watch any of the DC shows but she was really into the show mainly because of that.  I just hope they finally kick it into another gear in the weeks ahead.

• Like 1

Who cares? No one wants to see Ralph Dibney, kid who loved Indian rubber men and Sherlock Holmes enthusiast. 

And holy shit. The Weeper? Is that a deep pull of the character Willie The Weeper from the short lived Joker solo comic from the early 70's? Cause if it is I want to work for Berllanti. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Who cares? No one wants to see Ralph Dibney, kid who loved Indian rubber men and Sherlock Holmes enthusiast. 

And holy shit. The Weeper? Is that a deep pull of the character Willie The Weeper from the short lived Joker solo comic from the early 70's? Cause if it is I want to work for Berllanti. 

You only want to see Ralph if you get Sue too.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:20 AM, odessasteps said:

As last night as there is no Jean Loring to step on her brain. 

Actually, I feel like marrying a murderous sociopath who wipes out his friends in a bid to get his attention would not be out of character for DCTVU Ray Palmer.

I was kind of mixed on the Smallville feeling from Supergirl seeing that I didn't exactly love that show, but it was really well done. It always impressive when they manage to find the perfect actors to play younger versions of characters.

Also thought Legends ending for Helen was neat.