DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

19 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I don’t recall him getting jealous over anyone that season. It couldn’t have been Sara and Vixen was either mourning Rex or banging Nate. I really liked Ray in the Camelot episode and the one where he teams with Thawne. Getting rid of the Hawks helped everything. :)

I'm pretty sure Nate and Vixen were knocking boots and Ray was still very jealous of their situation. He did have a little fling with her, right? Or was his only romance on LoT with Hawkgirl?

Just Hawkgirl. Ray was warning Nate that Vixen eventually has to return to 1942 as she has a legacy that can't be altered, so modern Vixen can exist.His concern was over Nate possibly getting heartbroken.

They did tease that Mick had a thing for Vixen, but that ended up them becoming friends.

Supergirl and Legends were largely pretty good. Flash? WOOF! I like the Thinker reveal at the end, but, as usual with this show, everything was rushed. We needed to see Barry going crazy in the speedforce, and Wally protecting the city for an episode or two. Even Arrow showed more restraint than this after Oliver was "killed" by Ra's.

• Like 1

It was barely an episode before they brought Oliver back after Ra's impaled him with a sword. It was the end of the next episode. They showed more restraint, but barely. Of course they're going to bring back their lead actor fairly quickly. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I definitely don't want to watch a show centered around Kid Flash and Vibe, while Barry Allen is going crazy in a STAR Labs containment cell and he's not himself until the middle of the season or something. That would get old fast. Could they have stretched it out a little bit longer? Yeah. Does it matter to me, personally? Nope.

Who's the big bad that Rip Hunter mentioned at the end of the LoT premiere? I know next to nothing about DC Comics, so I'm curious if he's going to be as cool as Vandal Savage (S1) and the Legion of Doom (S2).

I think Flash was well aware that viewers at large thought S3 was a brutal misfire, and they prioritized "fix the fuck up as fast as you can, and don't worry about the speed bumps."  I was hoping for a Wally in the Titans costume being *the* Flash for an ep or two, but deep down I knew that Barry would be back in the premiere because as long as he's gone, they can't "fix things" to make it more like the parts of seasons 1 and 2 that made them popular.  it sucks, but it's how network TV works these days. Within those restrictions, I had a lot of fun with it.

Arrow premier was fine, but they didn't waste any time in making the giant island bomb not mean anything.  I felt like Arrow did the best job of getting me excited to see who the main villain is, and setting up some real stakes for the team going forward.

So far I've enjoyed Supergirl this week and the first 15 minutes of LoT.  But I don't know if I can see the rest of Flash, the first two segments are painful.  We go from one extreme last week with Barry babbling about who knows what, then this week he's a super happy quasi-douchebag that Iris can't seem to reign in.  I guess at some point I'll watch it, but does he ever go back to somebody resembling a human being in this episode?  So far it's unbearable to watch.

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So far I've enjoyed Supergirl this week and the first 15 minutes of LoT.  But I don't know if I can see the rest of Flash, the first two segments are painful.  We go from one extreme last week with Barry babbling about who knows what, then this week he's a super happy quasi-douchebag that Iris can't seem to reign in.  I guess at some point I'll watch it, but does he ever go back to somebody resembling a human being in this episode?  So far it's unbearable to watch.

Iris verbally whoops his ass in the last 20 minutes or so. I think he's about back to normal Barry as it's going to get, what with him being "one with the speedforce" and shit.

I'm super happy this season's big bad isn't another speedster.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2017 at 7:55 PM, RandomAct said:

Flash was MUCH better this week, and I'm really like the direction of where the villains are going this season. I like the idea of bad guys that Barry can't just outrun.

I'm glad I read Casey's post and just went and watched it.  It was an awful 20 minutes but I guess we needed that in order for her to verbally "whip his ass"  Turned out to be a good episode and I'm really curious about this new big bad that's unlike what's been in Flash before.

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

We're all going to be royally pissed when mid-April rolls around and the Thinker decides the only way to beat the 'Flash is to make himself a speedster suit and chase Barry around really fast.

Or throw him into an alternate dimension.

I think Arrow is the best CW superhero show right now (well, I haven't watched Supergirl since the first season, so...). I really like how they're handling Oliver, and that last scene was pretty cool even though the audience already expects Oliver to take his hood back sometime this season. Anatoly is definitely heading down the route of becoming the KGBeast this season, and I'm super psyched for that. Always loved his character and the relationship he has with Oliver.

Surprisingly, my least favorite out of the three so far is Legends of Tomorrow. Just seems really disappointing so far. More romance drama, an entire episode about a sabertooth tiger and a circus... ehhhh. Not their strongest episode ever.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I thought Supergirl this week was extremely well written and emotional. Whenever the Arrowverse tries to do the "very special" episode, it feels really embarrassing, but I like what they accomplished here, showing different sides of a relationship with your parents, and not being afraid to show that it doesn't always have a happy ending.

I loved Supergirl for all those reasons, but also cause it was batshit nuts. They tossed in all kinds of wacky and convenient new Martian shit, the "Hit Me Baby One More Time" car bit which was awesome and bonkers, and Supergirl straight up murders some motherfuckers and is smiling as proud as fuck afterwards. Maybe its the weed talking but it was fucking great.