DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Jay getting stuck in the Speed Force.  At this point, I really feel like "Fuck it, Barry is too damn stupid to continue, let someone else try."

If you told me season 2 of Legends was going to be them going through time to find the scattered JSA that had hidden pieces of the Spear of Destiny....

This is like as if Johnny, Mark and I put our heads together. Just nuts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Holy god, LoT was the shit last night. Favorite part was easily  

Reveal hidden contents

Prof. Stein and Mick both singing "Day O"

That was the absolute best.  I'm also a huge fan of when Mick does the intro.  I can't imagine this show being so awesome without him being in it.  Great episode.

I was starting to appreciate that Barry was starting to get how he fucked up and what to do with it.  Then he did some stupid stuff anyway and that went out the window.  When Savitar said "Jesse Quick, I knew you would come for me" even though the wording was slightly different I immediately though of the Hardys.  Damn that wrestling bubble.

• Like 2

So, why am I getting the feeling that Chase isn't getting killed by Ollie, but by whoever Vigilante ends up being?  

Legends of Tomorrow is the friggin best comic show on TV/Netflix right now.

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

So, why am I getting the feeling that Chase isn't getting killed by Ollie, but by whoever Vigilante ends up being?  

Legends of Tomorrow is the friggin best comic show on TV/Netflix right now.

Honestly I'm more interested in the Vigilante reveal at this point, than I was Prometheus.

Caught Supergirl on DVR which worked out since it led to Flash:  The Musical.  There was a lot of "WTF, really?!" moments but it was highly enjoyable.  The original song they sang together was wonderful and am kind of tempted to get that song.  And while I'm sure there was some TV magic to make them all sound pretty good, I was still impressed with their singing abilities.

I wasn't sure what to expect with that one, but it was so much fun. Also pleased with Legends last night and everything that happened with Mick. I liked that Ray was the only one to admit they were always kind of assholes to him.

Actually, nearly everyone in the ep who sang had some kind of musical theater past.  It was fun, but a bit of a letdown; my impression at the end was that they wanted to have Barry serenade Iris because Gustin can make it work, worked backward from there to "do a musical and bring on all the actors from all the shows who've done Glee or Broadway or put out a record." 

Glee reunion Flash was F'N fantastic. I hope the Music Meister event is an annual thing.

Spoiler

Turning him into a Mxyzptlk level extra dimensional being makes so much more sense.

Man, it'll be bitchin if he appeared on Arrow (like... who has theatre experience in Arrow anyways?).

I tapped out on Glee long before Gustin appeared so was also surprised by how he and Benoist were amazing dancers.

Line of the night with appropriate reaction: "I love musicals so...."

BvHyKI2.jpg

• Like 1

I loved the musical episode, and I have to say that I like the Supergirl/Flash crossovers more than Flash/Arrow because of how sweet and sincere everything comes off.  Also there is less familiarity between the two casts, so it feels like a big deal. Really sweet episode, and just felt like a nice little break from the usual proceedings. Lowkey hoped that Stephen Amell would have had a surprise cameo for some WTF factor. Small little easter egg of Moran's son being named "Tommy" was cute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

I guess I'm the only one who was really bothered with Music Meister somehow absorbing Supergirl's powers even though they're resultant of Kryptonian DNA.

He's nothing like his comic form so they basically gave him a new set of powers.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

No, cause he's magical.

Yup.

Might as well spoiler it: he is a Mxyzptlk level extra dimensional being. The power copy and other shenanigans was all play acting to motivate his targets, he's like the embodiment of the phrase "all the world's a stage".

Arrow this week reaffirmed how happy I am that the flashbacks are gone after this season.  Almost an entire episode of them was brutal.  BUT, I do like that they used it to somewhat tie the last bit of flashback into season one, with Merlyn.

• Like 1