DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

So they've established that Central City and Starling City are about 20 minutes apart from each other. There's two guys trying to destroy the world in each of them, neither of them particularly cares about the others' plans? And there's a whole heap of other guys more concerned about what someone will do in 150 years from now?

Ehh.

Also, if they need to keep killing characters, they *really* need to stop doing the 'dramatic murder' scene. Why couldn't Laurel die fighting Dahrk or Merlyn? Why didn't Barry, the fastest man alive, not race to save his father from death? They keep doing deaths where everyone but the villain is helpless or just inactive save their ability to emote and it just turns deaths that are already trite and frustrating into something moreso.

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out after why Barry would agree to a race against Zoom like it's some kind of Olympic meet.  The guy killed his dad, why not just have Barry rage and chase Zoom?  Wouldn't that establish who's faster?  And I'm not a fan of killing off the dad, especially conveniently after they're all "Hey, there's temporary peace, let's celebrate him!"  Despite that griping I did like the episode and am hoping for a pretty great season finale.

31 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Well I wasn't expecting that ending in tonight's Legends season finale.

Hide contents

Has there even been a tease of the JSA in the media interviews, etc?

well the rumor the producers shot down was Alan Scott, so.... sorta?

I marked out at the ending of Legends.

Spoiler

First, the Hawks flew away.  Hopefully, that means they won't be regulars in season 2.  I like the comic versions of the Hawks quite a bit, but the tv versions are kinda bland.  Also, neither actor is particularly good and they may actually have negative chemistry together.  

Second, JSA!!!  And Hourman.  All the characters are going to be too young for classic JSA, but it's a WB show so what can you do.  Hopefully, the JSA recur next season and it's not a "one and done" guest shot.

Since we're getting JSA, I really want the S2 villain to be the Ultra-Humanite.

I got a good laugh out of Stein and Jax forming Firestorm to practice their new power - given how often the show came up with some reason for them not to combine.  Oh sure, to practice your cool new power, you'll risk it.  When the space pirates were attacking, Martin was all "We can't form Firestorm here.  The transformation might blow up the ship."

Did they show a Supergirl commercial on the WB Network last night?  Comcast on Demand had a advert for Supergirl but the commercials inserted into the On Demand broadcasts often aren't the commercials they run when the show airs "live".

I got to thinking about this the other day.  I hope they don't have Supergirl end up on the same Earth as Arrow and Flash. I already spend way too much time thinking "why doesn't Ollie just call the Flash? This could be over RIGHT NOW if he did". That will become 10x worse with Kara around.  Super strong metahuman?  Why aren't they calling Supergirl?

Well that was certainly a season finale. I don't know if it was any good, and the reveal of the Man in the Iron Mask was... something. Here's hoping Arrow's finale tonight is better, but I have a feeling in my gut that it won't be.

Looks that way.

I only caught a few minutes at the end of the episode, so I have no idea if it's any good or not.  I did mark out for:

Spoiler

John Wesley Shipp as the Golden-Age Jay Garrick.  He looked the part,

I ended up not liking this incarnation of Zoom/Hunter Zolomon, so I'm ok if they never bring Teddy Sears back.

One of the things I found super annoying was they kept referring to Zoom as "Jay" even though they knew for a long time at that point that he was Hunter Zolomon! It was kind of ridiculous that Snow was STILL calling him that when talking to him.  And yeah, I was  pretty OK with episode until that bullshit Barry did at the end.

If there's one thing I learned from Back to the Future (and every other time-travelling show/movie) is you don't mess with the past.  Something about space/time continuum.  That said, a lot's going to happen as a result of the ending.  Likely bad, with Barry likely getting chewed out for his decision, but it'll be something.

Spoiler

What I found interesting is after Barry saved his mom is the other Barry disappeared.  That can't be good for Barry, wonder how they're go address that next season.

So, how is Flash going to do Flashpoint without a Batman?  Like, that's going to affect all the CW shows.  

(I'm guessing the 4 way crossover is what's going to resolve this)

50 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Looks that way.

I only caught a few minutes at the end of the episode, so I have no idea if it's any good or not.  I did mark out for:

Reveal hidden contents

John Wesley Shipp as the Golden-Age Jay Garrick.  He looked the part,

I ended up not liking this incarnation of Zoom/Hunter Zolomon, so I'm ok if they never bring Teddy Sears back.

The part in the spoilers was great, felt so so right

that said

Spoiler

I can totally imagine part of season three involves a now free Henry Allen gaining powers from the particle accelerator explosion...and is a villain. Barry has to realize the gravity of his mistake somehow, and have a reason to bring John Wesley Shipp back