DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

2 new Flash theories based on tonight's episode:

When the particle accelerator on Earth 2 exploded, it gave Jay his speed powers but it also split him into 2 seperate people. The good side and the evil side if you will. 

We already know that the particle accelerator can combine 2 people into one person (Firestorm on both earths) so it's not that big of a stretch to assume it could do the opposite as well.

or

Jay Garrick actually has a twin brother on both earths that was put up for adoption and became Hunter Zolomon. Earth 1 Zolomon is nobody special. Earth 2 Zolomon is Zoom. Earth 1 Jay is the man in the mask, kidnapped by a time traveling Zoom for some reason (maybe he got speed powers too and his brother didn't on Earth 1)

Going with another Mystery Man as the big bad on FLASH always seemed like a big mistake to me following the excellent Wells/Reverse Flash story. Nothing was ever going to equal it, and the Zoom reveal didn't even come close, mostly because Jay - or whoever it was at any given moment - was a dud of a character who's most interesting quality was his Crisis of Infinite Hairstyles.

• Like 1

I love how Zoom has manhandled Barry twice, given him nightmares and just about made him piss himself when he confronted him in that cell yet Barry confidently proclaims at the end of this last episode, "Oh, yeah. Next time I see him I'm totally gonna beat him!!"...

I think it's hilarious that the one time they call out how many people already knew what was supposed to be an ironclad secret it's 100% people who Ollie didn't tell and had discovered through other means.

Seriously,  Barry is literally the only person he told directly.  Why are they trying to turn Felicity into such a wet blanket?  She was such a great character until the shoehorned Ollie relationship.  Great episode otherwise.  I can't be the only person that is always thinking "dude, you know the Flash" whenever they have to extract something or race against the clock.

He didn't though. Barry knew from the aborted timeline, in which he accidentally overheard the argument between Felicity and Ollie at which point Ollie confided in him. Then he was direct with Ollie about it once the timeline was rebooted.

Literally 0% of the people who knew were due to Ollie telling them which is why it's so hilarious.

In other news, Legends was great tonight although the love triangle subplot was ridiculously out of place here. Would have benefitted from shifting those characters to the background and giving more time to the A plot. I still really enjoyed it though. Also somehow Captain Cold and Heat Wave have ended up with the best character arc on the show in addition to hogging a sizable number of the best moments.

I know that Constantine kinda flopped and got canceled after one season and all... But how in the fuck in 2016 can a newish comic book based show have just vanished so completely from legal means of viewing. No DVD/Blu-ray set ever released. Not on Netflix, Hulu, or Prime. Can't be bought or rented on Amazon Video, VUDU, or any other streaming site I'm aware of.

Like, it's just *poof* gone.