DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

Hawkman and Shayera are hands down two of the worst actors I've ever seen on a prime time network show. I used to watch General Hospital and they'd stand out as shitty actors on that. It's only made worse by the fact they've assembled a really nice cast with guys like Routh, Garber and the Prison Break boys.

I suppose he's needed for this year's big season arc but the sooner they move Jay Garrick over from Flash, the better.

What if that grave scene is about Felicity's mom, and the Calculator did it? It'd be a twist if that whole storyline isn't even about Darhk. I think they're wanting us to think it's going to be Thea in the ground after last night's episode.

I'm looking for a new show to start on Netflix and I'm thinking of going with Arrow.  Once I get to the third season, should I start watching Flash episode for episode with Arrow--are there crossovers that happen that would make that the better way to watch things at that point?

Definitely.  There's one two-part crossover, but Barry and Ollie both figure in both shows' big finales and both characters' supporting casts interact earlier (Cisco making gadgets for Team Arrow, etc.)  Outside of that one two-parter there's very little that ABSOLUTELY MUST BE BACK TO BACK but lots of stuff that will feel smoother if you do it that way.

I'm looking for a new show to start on Netflix and I'm thinking of going with Arrow. Once I get to the third season, should I start watching Flash episode for episode with Arrow--are there crossovers that happen that would make that the better way to watch things at that point?

If you REALLY want to get the best experience, go by airdates (Flash then Arrow works for most of it but Flash 1x22 syncs more with Arrow 3x23 so yeah)

That said, straightforward alternation still works fine. I'm just a fuss.

Dragon is right; I forgot that Flash took Election Day (US) 2014 off but Arrow ran the next night. "Flash vs Arrow" and "The Brave and the Bold" are the two-parter I mentioned before.  You want to watch those back to back, and alternate one-and-one after that.  Before that, it doesn't matter a lot; after that, they line up better if you go one and one.

What if that grave scene is about Felicity's mom, and the Calculator did it? It'd be a twist if that whole storyline isn't even about Darhk. I think they're wanting us to think it's going to be Thea in the ground after last night's episode.

I've seen that theory going around, and I have to say while I like the idea that the he Ollie referred to wasn't Darhk I really dislike the idea of Felicity's mom being the one in the grave. It makes some sense, but considering how little she has been around before this season it doesn't feel like it would come off near as impactful.