DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I hate that for some reason Verizon doesn't have CW on demand. We just can't watch things at 8 pm on weeknights. That's bedtime for the toddler and I'm not paying extra for a DVR just for the right to watch CW shows without having to download them. They have the app for my tablet, so we'll probably have to just drop the cash for a chromecast instead. I have to make sure the TV is new enough to be able to use it though.

You must be looking in the wrong spot, because my Verizon has the newest episodes up On Demand right now.  I will say, like the CW's App and Website, it takes a day to show up.

You have to go TV Shows -> By Network -> A-C -> The CW

There are also relatively inexpensive HDMI to Component/Audo converters out there that work quite well.  I've been using one on my bedroom TV for a while now with no  issues.

You must be looking in the wrong spot, because my Verizon has the newest episodes up On Demand right now.  I will say, like the CW's App and Website, it takes a day to show up.

You have to go TV Shows -> By Network -> A-C -> The CW

I need to find a gif. 

Here we go:

c8TRW9.gif

I really enjoyed it and this is coming from having seen zero of either Arrow or Flash.  Some stuff was a little confusing, but they explained it well enough to someone coming in with almost no prior knowledge.  

I know the comics and the comic mythology but not the CW TV Universe.  It really makes me want to go back and watch Arrow and The Flash.

this is the first show that's actually felt like a comic book come to life.

My thoughts exactly.  I am along for the ride. Maybe we can even get another Booster Gold out of this.

On going back and watching Arrow/Flash:

Arrow is a ride. It's not always good but it's almost never boring. Give the first season some slack but from late S1 on it's fun at least.

Flash is outright great. As with Buffy/Angel, lots of little crossovers so I recommend finding original airing order but thatdepends how patient you are.

Better part of Flash was finding out Earth Prime Jay's name.

Didn't see that happening....

So... what are the odds if Earth Prime Jay is Zoloman... if Earth 2's Barry has the same story, and Zoom is Earth 2 Barry?

Better part of Flash was finding out Earth Prime Jay's name.

Didn't see that happening....

So... what are the odds if Earth Prime Jay is Zoloman... if Earth 2's Barry has the same story, and Zoom is Earth 2 Barry?

That'd be rad if...

We didn't know we're getting Earth 2 Barry in a couple episodes.

That said, Zolomon being Earth 1 Jay opens a whole door up for the comics version of Zoom. Or even this one.

So Arrow was super eventful for what looked like a filler episode. I guess...

Amanda Waller dying kinda reinforces the idea of Suicide Squad members being tabled before the film.

You can tell that they're holding out hope to eventually use the Batman characters though. After all...

Ollie wanted to use Oracle, but it's taken.

Also if the shows want to sell that messing with the timeline screws with them back, it needs more balanced examples. First time Barry stops Singh from being hospitalized, Joe getting beat badly, Cisco from dying, and a tidal wave from hitting Central City. In return, he can't smooch his sister because she's not in the heat of the moment. This time, literally an entire city died and the sole consequence is Felicity getting paralyzed? Like, she and everyone you love died in the other timeline bro. No comparison.

Younger Martin had game, yo.

Although my one gripe about the episode is the best part of it- Rip convincing younger Martin to go to the mixer while likely lying his ass off about the ship he just saw- took place off-screen.

Well, that's interesting.  I missed last night's show.  I just went onto The CW's site to check on DCLOT, and last night's episode is already available for streaming on their site.  Last year, when I had missed a couple of Flash' episodes, the new ones weren't available on their site until 24 hours after the first showing.  Same with The Walking Dead.  Wonder if that will be different this year?

Slight spoiler for Legends of Tomorrow in regards to crossover with the other CW shows:

Stephen Amell confirmed today that he'd be appearing on Legends as Oliver Queen in the year 2046 with the Dark Knight Returns look (missing arm, goatee) and they'll also introduce Connor Hawke in that same episode.

On the off chance that any of you are actually enjoying Gotham, allow me to ruin it for you.

Fish is back:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/364317-jada-pinkett-smith-to-return-as-fish-mooney-on-gotham#/slide/1

I can't imagine anyone cares, but I'll put it in spoilers just in case

On the off chance that any of you are actually enjoying Gotham, allow me to ruin it for you.

Fish is back:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/364317-jada-pinkett-smith-to-return-as-fish-mooney-on-gotham#/slide/1

so Abe Vigoda really didnt die after all?

• Like 2

Fish is back:

Eh, that's an improvement over evil but dull billionaire mayor wacky cultist.

I would be more pleased by that if the nature of the character and the concept of the show didn't mean we'll just be meeting a different version of him down the line.

Although maybe that version will have a personality.

• Like 1

Legends endeared itself to me further by

Killing Hawkman.

Also the cast just seems to be having a blast.

Thought that might please a few people. I admit I was happy with it.

I would be more pleased by that if the nature of the character and the concept of the show didn't mean we'll just be meeting a different version of him down the line.

Although maybe that version will have a personality.

You're almost certainly right, but at least that will be contained to one or two episodes instead of the entire season.