DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

There is 0% chance Felicity is dying. She's as big a part of the show's appeal as Oliver at this point.

I feel like the value bet in a vacuum is Thea except she died last season. Although a few more episodes of her being Scrappy Doo due to the side effects of the Lazarus Pit and I'm going to start openly rooting for it.

It is also important to remember that the key point to Dahrk in the comics is that...

he's not ACTUALLY a mystic but he wants the world to believe he is.

One of the subplots last season was that Thawne had kind of legitimately fallen into his role as Wells and saw Barry and Cisco as the sons he never had. He ended up conflicted about hurting them but used the 'history' logic and/or his temper as a shortcut to doing so. Remember he was ANGRY that Barry didn't retcon his crime. Partly because he wanted to feel that he and Barry were alike but Barry chose not to break time for his benefit. Partly because it was the one murder Thawne ended up guilty about. Thus him recording a confession if his plan failed sort of fits.

Point taken.  I kinda forgot about that plot point.  Still, I would like to have seen someone - Iris?  Joe? - react to this development.  I'm also wondering how easy it is a man freshly out of prison after about 20 years to relocate with no job or home lined up.

I gave myself a headache trying to figure out the timey wimey stuff.  How does Wells still even know Barry, much less be leaving him STAR Labs?  Eddie killed himself so his descendant would never be born, never get stuck in our time, never "possess" Harrison Wells, etc.  The particle accelerator that gave Barry his powers was built 15 years earlier than it otherwise would have been if not for Thawne.  So how is all of this still part of the timeline?  I'm willing to accept that anyone near Eddie when he died and unmade Thawne would remember because it's part of their personal history and therefore part of the time paradox, but then how did Wells really die (years later?) and how did a recording that never got made end up with the lawyer.

It'd be hard to come up with something that makes sense of the paradox and doesn't unmake the Flash, but just ignoring that part of it didn't really work for me either.

I don't know why people are getting all worked up about Daddy wanting to leave. Your last night in the city as a free man was the night your wife was murdered. The guy who put you away is Barry's second Daddy. Everywhere he turns, he will be reminded of his wife and that would suck. He wasn't staying but I don't know that he is abandoning Barry who has a huge support system behind him.

I don't know why people are getting all worked up about Daddy wanting to leave. Your last night in the city as a free man was the night your wife was murdered. The guy who put you away is Barry's second Daddy. Everywhere he turns, he will be reminded of his wife and that would suck. He wasn't staying but I don't know that he is abandoning Barry who has a huge support system behind him.

That's not a bad way to write Henry out for awhile.  Much better than what they actually did.  I would have preferred they have Henry give it a try, then go to Barry somewhere between eps 2 and 4 and say that he tried it, but he can't stay in the city where his wife died.  Maybe add that Barry doesn't need him since he became a grown man with his own surrogate family while Henry was in prison.

Anyway, watched Arrow a bit ago and enjoyed it a lot.  Barry being at the grave with Oliver makes me think they might kill off Felicity, as does Felicity's dialogue near the end about Oliver being able to do the job without his darkness.  Would Barry show up for Captain Lance or Diggle?  On the other hand, I would kinda expect Oliver to be more upset if it's Felicity.  I don't think it will be Thea or Laurel.  They killed off two female characters last season (granted, neither one stayed dead), so I'm guessing the kill Diggle.  Ollie has moved beyond needing a bodyguard/right-hand man anyways.

To throw off the scent. People less versed in comics may not pick up on it, partly because they may not realize Zoom is another name the Reverse Flash uses.

Frankly it also leaves the door open for the Hunter Zolomon Zoom or the Daniel West Reverse Flash since his look and power set seems to be a hodgepodge of all of them.

Did anyone else keep expecting the new cop lady to end up turning heel or being a plant from the other other world?

/I don't read the comics so I don't know if she's a regular character there or not, just what I kept expecting while watching the episode

So I guess people are assuming Cisco eventually becomes Vibe, based on a similarity in names between the TV character and the Vibe comic character.  Eh, that seems like a reach to me.  Cisco is kind of an unusual name, whereas "Paco" and "Ramone" (last name) are probably fairly common names if you're Hispanic.  Then again, the TV version of Caitlin shares a name with a DC comics villain.  And I'd bet money Dr. Wells middle name begins with a G.  So it could be.

(This isn't really news but I didn't know until today what Vibe's real name was in the comics until today.  Nor had I heard the theory that Cisco will eventually become Vibe.

Also, I guess that I've never seen the "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" animated feature, because I had no idea the movie introduced an Earth-3 counterpart for Vibe named "Breakdance."  That cracks me up.)

Yeah I thought it was pretty straightforward atleast for comic fans they were going in that direction for both. Which sucks for Caitlin because not only do I love her in the role she's in but someone else mentioned the chemistry between her and Barry is pretty awesome. 

Since the New 52 started, she's Barry Allen's girlfriend.

In Johns' 2nd Flash run (v3, the series right before Flashpoint), she was in love with Barry but he was married to Iris at the time.  After Flashpoint changed the timeline and undid Barry's marriage to Iris, she became Barry's girlfriend.

Character was created in the 70's, but rarely appeared until Johns started using her.

She also briefly took on a heroic role i Flashpoint, becoming the second Hot Pursuit (the first being an alternate universe Barry using a Speed Force Motorcycle she takes after he dies)

I don't expect that to happen but it would be rad if it did. Also if they did a Walter West variant with an AU Barry that would be fun.

Normally I'd think these ideas insane but Flash has had time travel, paradox murders, giant wormholes, multiverse with Jay Garrick, and freaking Firestorm and Grodd so I'm starting to feel that nothing is too weird.