DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, Zimbra said:

DD S3 finale:

Reveal hidden contents

WHY ARE YOU GIVING A PSYCHOPATH AN EXPERIMENTAL METAL SPINE? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I saw that and had to laugh since:

Spoiler

There is a villain henchman on the DC show, Black Lightning, named Painkiller who also has a metal prosthetic spinal augmentation that allows him to walk and gives him superhuman strength.  

His hemoglobin is tainted with a paralytic toxin and he uses launchers on his wrist as weapons.  They fire darts that are coated with a drop of his blood.

I assume Poindexter signed some sort of waiver to be a test subject or guinea pig for an experimental procedure. Sort of flimsy to give it to a convicted felon who is guilty of murder ing and slaughtering countless innocents, but it is a TV show.

23 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

The new Daredevil is fucking awesome, and I'm not done with it yet, but having the FBI easily turned into bad guys doesn't play well all things considered right now in 2018. :)

Where are all the Deadspin articles regarding how pro-NYPD this season was, considering how Kotaku and Deadspin apparently both pay writers to bitch about Spider-Man being a "narc" for the NYPD in the new video game?

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/they-turned-spider-man-into-a-damn-cop-and-it-sucks-1828944087

https://kotaku.com/spider-mans-take-on-police-feels-out-of-touch-1828978785

Ok, terrific.

I finished DD 3 tonight and it was so fucking great. And one of the major parts that made it great was that it felt like a fucking Super Hero show. These Marvel Netflix shows try too hard to be "realistic " so much that they often lose the joy of comic books. This season of DD nailed the perfect mix of gritty and fantastical Super Hero stuff, while tossing in so much for comic book geeks. Marvin throwing circular saw blades during that fight made me smile from ear to ear.

• Like 3

My top five Marvel MCU television shows:

1. Daredevil: Season One (2015). 

2. Daredevil: Season Three (2018). 

3. Agent Carter: Season One (2015).

4. Jessica Jones: Season One (2015).

5. Agents of S. H. I. E.L.D Season Four (2016-2017).

What a year 2015 was for Marvel TV. 

On 10/25/2018 at 11:40 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

Ok, terrific.

I finished DD 3 tonight and it was so fucking great. And one of the major parts that made it great was that it felt like a fucking Super Hero show. These Marvel Netflix shows try too hard to be "realistic " so much that they often lose the joy of comic books. This season of DD nailed the perfect mix of gritty and fantastical Super Hero stuff, while tossing in so much for comic book geeks. Marvin throwing circular saw blades during that fight made me smile from ear to ear.

Also loved Marvin pulling a Sid/Pillman Wargames on Matt. 

Avoiding spoilers avoiding spoilers avoiding avoiding... to say, hey, Luke Cage S2 was pretty solid. A little slow at first, and pushing Claire out of the way was all too necessary. But even though Bushmaster is the dumbest name ever, most of his story and what supported it was great. And 15 minutes of Danny repped him better than a whole season of his own show. 

But I don't know what's dirtier: ripping off the Godfather closing shot, or canceling the show when it could have been REALLY interesting. 

23 minutes ago, Casey said:

Lost in all of this Daredevil talk was the news that they're also planning a Hawkeye limited series, where he's training his replacement or something.

Wonder how that ties in with certain Avengers movie rumors about 

Spoiler

Kate  bishop being added. 

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

The Sam/Bucky series interests me with the with Steve likely dying next Avengers film. I assume it will deal with the aftermath of that. The two actors also seem to have fun whenever they do press together.

original.gif

According to newly-uncovered data, Daredevil season 3 lost over 50% of its audience in its first week compared to those who watched season 2 across its first 7 days on the streaming site. ScreenRant has partnered up with Jumpshot, an analytics company with an “anonymized global panel tracks five billion actions a day across 100 million devices to deliver insights into online consumer behavior,” to reveal these findings. According to them, 57% of fans never bothered to show up for ol’ Hornhead’s third season.

Start sharpening those pitchforks, guys.

• Sad 2

Loki to Disney+ confirmed. They finally announced the name for their streaming service. For some reason they headlined Diego Luna playing Cassian Andor in a Rogue One prequel series and made Loki a secondary announcement (might be coming out later or something). But Hiddleston signed for it.

A Loki show, presumably without Thor. Interesting.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AxB said:

Loki to Disney+ confirmed. They finally announced the name for their streaming service. For some reason they headlined Diego Luna playing Cassian Andor in a Rogue One prequel series and made Loki a secondary announcement (might be coming out later or something). But Hiddleston signed for it.

Wonder if it's set before the events of Infinity War or after with the snap undone? You could put it between the end of Thor (2011) and start of Avengers Assemble (2012) for the former.

When I proposed solo movies I'd like to see, Loki was one of them as you get someone who's primarily a villain helping it to stand out.

So that's a Loki show with proposed series for Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Winter Soldier/Falcon. Loki and Winter Solider/Falcon be the ones I'm more into.

8 hours ago, AxB said:

I'm kind of torn on Loki since I have trouble seeing something worthwhile unless they aim for the type of stuff done with the character during Gillen and Ewing's runs. Really hoping the Winter Solider/Falcon series turns out true.

I'm happy for Luna, but I can't really say I'm interested in seeing more of his character's story. Feels like a bit of a waste if I'm being honest.