DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

• 2 weeks later...

Everything sounds better when the symphonization (yeah, I made that word up today) of hard rock and metal songs.

I hated X-Men Apocalypse, but the symphonic cover of Hey Man, Nice Shot for the trailer fucking ruled.

GOOD NEWS: Petrie & Ramirez are out as showrunners on Daredevil.

BETTER NEWS?: They're being replaced by Eric Oleson.  He doesn't have a glamorous CV, but he was a writer/producer on season 3 of Arrow, which wasn't the best of Arrow but was certainly a better vigilante superhero show than a lot of what Petrie & Ramirez did with Daredevil and the Defenders.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 12:44 PM, EVA said:

BETTER NEWS?: They're being replaced by Eric Oleson.  He doesn't have a glamorous CV, but he was a writer/producer on season 3 of Arrow, which wasn't the best of Arrow but was certainly a better vigilante superhero show than a lot of what Petrie & Ramirez did with Daredevil and the Defenders.

S3 of Arrow had some nice stuff, but was still pretty weak overall with it maybe being the worst Batman ripoff season focused so much on the League of Assassins. This isn't super encouraging.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, EVA said:

Hoping Daredevil Season Three is better than the second season. Somewhat inevitable the quality drop from Daredevil Season One to Two with the brilliance of the first season. I still have it as the best thing in the entire MCU. Second season had a few things going for it namely Daredevil, the Punisher and the Kingpin but Elektra/the Hand was blah and that's putting it kindly.

Season 3 was actually my second favorite season of Arrow, behind Season 2. So I'm not worried at all about it - but then again, I don't really care for Daredevil. But, they did announce that Kingpin is coming back (full time I think?) so I might care a little bit more. And that basically means Born Again is the story arc for the next go-around. The ex-showrunner is really wanting to do a Kingpin mini series, so I would definitely be down for that.

On a sidenote, I'm really ready for Inhumans to end. That shit is just the worst. The sooner it ends and Agents of SHIELD comes back, the better.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's particularly harsh. Iron Fist is by far the WORST thing about the Netflix shows. A character so dumb that the writers for the Defenders had to acknowledge that, yes, Danny Rand is really fucking dumb and everyone around him knows it.

Everything from here on out should be moving forward away from Rand, Elektra, etc.

Honestly, I would be fine with Born Again for season 3 of Daredevil. They'll need to do something different with Karen for that, but it probably would be good. I would even be down with Guardian Devil just because Mysterio as a villain would be different and I could see him being as cool as Kilgrave.

ANYTHING but Vision Quest/Echo, and that's what I worry they'll do more than anything else. For whatever reason, the Netflix shows feel like everyone MUST have a love triangle or counterpart that is equal in strength to the hero. If Elektra is out of the picture, then I could see the showrunners looking to mine content from Vision Quest.

17 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Let me put it this way.  I previously watched screener episodes of all the past Marvel Netflix shows.  I was under strict NDAs when I viewed those screeners. 

I saw other reviews start to pop up online so I wasn't sure if the embargo was over yet or not.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I am surprised at the Punisher season one's current rotten tomatoes rating, 67% fresh.

I am comforted that most of the negative reviewers aren't bashing the show because they think it is too violent.

Truth be told, the "less talking, more bullets" sentiment from some of the rotten reviews makes me think that they believe it isn't violent enough.

• Like 1