DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

Caught a Youtube video with the stunt coordinator from Punisher season two watching other action scenes and reacting. They showed a bit of Punisher S2 action in there too, and it looked pretty good. I might need to give this a try, or at the very least skim through those episodes and see if anything good pops up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We got some nice stuff under Loeb, but it feels like we should get even better stuff with Feige in charge now. The animation side was one Loeb was especially weak in. Hopefully things pick up there. I want a new X-men series. 

• Like 1

Runaways is fantastic, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled either. With Feige over the TV side now too, I expect anything that currently exists on-air, as well as stuff in development, to be cancelled, so they can integrate the MCU into the television side fully. Luckily, I'm pretty sure Runaways is the only one that's left, since Agents of Shield is ending in 2020 anyway.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Runaways is fantastic, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled either. With Feige over the TV side now too, I expect anything that currently exists on-air, as well as stuff in development, to be cancelled, so they can integrate the MCU into the television side fully. Luckily, I'm pretty sure Runaways is the only one that's left, since Agents of Shield is ending in 2020 anyway.

Hellstorm/Son of Satan is still happening. Plus the Hulu animated shows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 2:40 PM, Eivion said:

That does not surprise me. The show was ok.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:16 PM, D.Z said:

Runaways will probably be next to get the axe.

I don't think quality is that much of an issue.  I just think that the Mouse is hedging it's bets on Disney+ and all popular Marvel content will be shifting to the native streaming service.

I wouldn't be shocked if Disney nuked FreeForm as a cost saving measure especially since Disney Stepford Parents tend to criticize FreeForm's evening and weekend programming as too risqué and there is nothing special on FreeForm's daytime or prime time programming that couldn't move to another channel like Disney XD or even ABC proper.

I still scratch my head about the decision to move Grown-ish to FreeForm rather than scheduling it right behind Black-ish on ABC.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I don't think quality is that much of an issue.  I just think that the Mouse is hedging it's bets on Disney+ and all popular Marvel content will be shifting to the native streaming service.

I wouldn't be shocked if Disney nuked FreeForm as a cost saving measure especially since Disney Stepford Parents tend to criticize FreeForm's evening and weekend programming as too risqué and there is nothing special on FreeForm's daytime or prime time programming that couldn't move to another channel like Disney XD or even ABC proper.

I still scratch my head about the decision to move Grown-ish to FreeForm rather than scheduling it right behind Black-ish on ABC.

Every year Free Form announces it's list of Halloween/Christmas movies on their facebook page.  It is one of my wife's favorite passtimes to read through the comments on there.  A lot of stay-at-home moms lose their shit over the selections.  It's hilarious/infuriating.

• Haha 2

Marvel has found its man in the moon. Jeremy Slater, who developed and created Netflix’s comic book adaptation Umbrella Academy series, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on Moon Knight, the Disney+ series from Marvel Studios.

I never watched Umbrella Academy so I have no idea if this is good or bad news.

More writing team news for Disney+ shows. This time it's She-Hulk.

Jessica Gao, who won an Emmy for her work on Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on She-Hulk, the Disney+ series from Marvel Studios.

Not really, because it seemed like the doors they open with Agent Carter could have really played into either SHIELD or Dr. Strange, and then of course it went nowhere.  The show itself is fine, but it, like every other TV show they did at the time, feels like a missed opportunity now.