DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

The Marvel Netflix shows I watched: All three seasons of Daredevil. Jessica Jones first season, I got halfway through the second - never returned to it. The Defenders.

Edited by The Natural

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

The Marvel Netflix shows I watched: All three seasons of Daredevil. Jessica Jones first season, I got halfway through the second - never returned to it. The Defenders.

Luke Cage and S2 of Punisher are worth catching.

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1

Finally finish S3 of Jessica Jones. If you didn't like the direction they took Trish last season or would have preferred pure focus on Salinger I can see hating this season. As important as Salinger is this is very much a follow up on Trish and the issues that arose with her last season. Honestly, I thought they did well for the most part. It never hits the highs of the first two seasons, but it never hits low of S2 either. The weakest part is probably Hogarth's arc which just felt unnecessary at this point. I thought it was solid on the whole.

• Thanks 1

You

On 6/18/2019 at 9:21 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Yeah, if you got the time, Luke Cage takes forever but you at least feel like there's a decent payoff to it.

Last two seasons of Jessica Jones were just...why?

33 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Finally finish S3 of Jessica Jones. If you didn't like the direction they took Trish last season or would have preferred pure focus on Salinger I can see hating this season. As important as Salinger is this is very much a follow up on Trish and the issues that arose with her last season. Honestly, I thought they did well for the most part. It never hits the highs of the first two seasons, but it never hits low of S2 either. The weakest part is probably Hogarth's arc which just felt unnecessary at this point. I thought it was solid on the whole.

Right in saying you've seen all Marvel Netflix?

26 minutes ago, The Natural said:

You

Right in saying you've seen all Marvel Netflix?

I have. The only show I would label as actively bad is Iron Fist and even that has its positives. S2 of Daredevil and JJ are probably the weakest after it. Then S1 of Punisher after them. Everything else is solid-great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Wow, we were not watching the same second season of Punisher, then.  That was hot garbage.  So was Defenders, for that matter.

I'm pretty sure our opinions don't match up often.

Ah geez I forgot how bad Defenders was.

Not sure what the problem with s2 Punisher was.

Iron Fist was bad, but if I could give it any credit it seemed like the only one that actively tried to make the most of the time allocated to it. 

Luke Cage seemed to have no idea what to do with all that time. So much shit thrown in because dunno, hours to fill.

I'm only on episode 5 of Season 3 of Jessica Jones, but it's actually pretty good so far. Then again, JJ has always been my favorite Netflix Marvel show, so I might be bias.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

That isn't surprising. Its just about time, especially with Disney having shows far more closely related to the MCU coming. I mean they kind of killed the possibility for any of their current shows to stay cannon. Gregg also mentioned he thought next season would be the last before S6 even aired.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I still maintain last season's ending would have been just fine for a series finale.  But I do love the current season and after the third episode things get pretty darn good.

I'm kind of torn on that. The ending would have been a fine one, but it was kind of a weak season after such a great season 4. This season has actually been better so I'm kind of happy they plan to go one more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm kind of torn on that. The ending would have been a fine one, but it was kind of a weak season after such a great season 4. This season has actually been better so I'm kind of happy they plan to go one more.

I also thought Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. S5 was weak. S4 is by far the best with the Ghost Rider, LMD and Agents of HYDRA arcs. The HYDRA section especially.

• Like 1

I'd rank the complete Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Seasons in this order. 

1. S4.

2. S3. 

3. S1. 

4. S5. 

5. S2.

I liked S1 more than most and from it came the two best episodes in the show's history: Turn, Turn, Turn (Ep17) and Beginning of the End (Ep22).

I'm kind of torn on listing the seasons. W/o question S4 is the best, but I think S2 and S3 kind of had similar issues where they actually started off well, but then got lost in some bs or general dragging in their second halfs. S1 is an interesting case where its a perfectly fine but unremarkable show until those last season episodes turn everything upside down due to Winter Soldier. That is still one of, if not, the best arcs in the entire series, but most of the other seasons were probably still a bit more consistent in solid storytelling even if we weren't always fond of the story.

• Like 1

For me I don't compare seasons.  Even the "weaker" ones work themselves out somehow and I end up overall liking them.  But I did really love the Ghost Rider story and am glad there's a show coming out of that.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

For me I don't compare seasons.  Even the "weaker" ones work themselves out somehow and I end up overall liking them.  But I did really love the Ghost Rider story and am glad there's a show coming out of that.

I get this completely. I don't actually dislike any season.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...