DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

10 hours ago, Casey said:

Gabriel Luna is reprising his role from Agents of SHIELD as Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider. But it's a "completely new iteration" of the character, not connected to AoS at all. Which is just weird, but whatever.

I like AoS a lot and he was fucking awesome in it.  But whether the show's connected to it or not he sold me on Ghost Rider so I'm interested to see how this goes.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I like AoS a lot and he was fucking awesome in it.  But whether the show's connected to it or not he sold me on Ghost Rider so I'm interested to see how this goes.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 4 was amazing especially Agents of HYDRA/What if?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looked for the first time today to see when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Six arrives in the UK and it's this Sunday at 9pm. Think that's the quickest time for the show between the US and UK. Nice one.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:24 PM, Casey said:

Baron Zemo (Daniel Brühl) and Sharon Carter/Agent 13 (Emily VanCamp) are in talks to join Falcon & The Winter Soldier on Disney+, according to Deadline.

All Agent 13 is the one that got the shaft in Infinity War/Endgame as she never showed up, or was talked about, or do we even know if she was dusted or not, and she hooks up with Cap in Civil War and Cap just blows her off afterwards.  Shit.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

How's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6 so far? Last season had it's moments but I thought it was second from bottom out of the then five seasons.

I might not be the right person to ask as I don't get too critical about it, but the two episodes that have aired so far have been interesting and I'm curious to see where it goes from here.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gatling said:

I might not be the right person to ask as I don't get too critical about it, but the two episodes that have aired so far have been interesting and I'm curious to see where it goes from here.

Cheers bud!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

@Raziel If you want to believe the screenwriters, in early drafts there's scenes of her and Steve living together and trying to make a relationship work.

Endgame spoilers below. 

Spoiler

Given the ending they chose for Steve, it's a good thing that got cut. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, gatling said:

This is an accurate description. I don't expect a strong season if I'm being honest, but its interesting enough so far.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I like Shield but considering it's pretty much a new story and setting it'll take a couple episodes to get a good feel for what is going on.  But so far so good.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Jessica Jones S3 Villain is:

Reveal hidden contents

Foolkiller (Salinger)

That has potential to be pretty scary in a good way.

Spoiler

Foolkiller is Joker levels of batshit homicidal crazy.  On paper he should be a very frightening antagonist.

And nice of Spider-Man:  Homecoming to provide the Chitauri tech black market angle to explain away the Purification Gun.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Jessica Jones S3 trailer:

Liked Jessica Jones S1 but not as much as others and it was dragged out to make the 13 episode quota. I got exactly halfway through Jessica Jones S2 and never gone back to it. Doubt I will. I'll probably see the final season but I'm not in a rush to whereas all three seasons if Daredevil were must sees ASAP. 

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Bah.  it doesn't look like they're going full Foolkiller with Greg Salinger, otherwise there would've been gratuitous use of the Purification Gun as a selling point.

This makes me sad.

Edited by J.T.

44 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I definitely wasted my weekend watching this.

Another Marvel Netflix venture that got given twice the amount of hours it needed, and just made it feel like four times instead.

The only Marvel Netflix shows with the right pacing throughout were Daredevil S1 and S3. The two best Marvel Netflix seasons as well.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

The only Marvel Netflix shows with the right pacing throughout were Daredevil S1 and S3. The two best Marvel Netflix seasons as well.

Second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist were both paced well.

5 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Agreed on both counts, but would add both seasons of The Punisher into the mix there too.

Nah, the first season of Punisher had far more episodes than it needed.

Edited by Eivion