DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Sounds pretty ambitious. But why isn't Disney/ABC willing to spend some of that money on the Netflix shows and make them a little grander and have some more MCU crossover?

Probably because those shows are on another steaming service, and Marvel Studios is handling this instead of Marvel TV. So it’s Feige’s baby instead of Loeb’s.

12 hours ago, Casey said:

So, that Disney streaming service thing? It's apparently going to have shows about Loki, Scarlet Witch and other characters from the films. Played by the same actors and actresses that play them in the films. Marvel Studios are producing them, Feige will have hands on involvement, and "the budgets are expected to be hefty, rivaling those of a major studio productions." Each TV show will be anywhere from six to eight episodes long.

Source

That is interesting if true. It makes sense that Disney would want some shows connected to the MCU on their platform. I know it won't happen, but I kind of hope they do end up with some minor connection to the Netflix shows.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:19 AM, Casey said:

Probably because those shows are on another steaming service, and Marvel Studios is handling this instead of Marvel TV. So it’s Feige’s baby instead of Loeb’s.

That makes no sense. TV is TV. Jeph Loeb would have to be involved in these in some form.

13 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

That makes no sense. TV is TV. Jeph Loeb would have to be involved in these in some form.

Marvel Studios is, for all intents and purposes, literally a different company. They're both owned by Disney, but the way most of the Disney companies operate is as individual fifedoms. Disney split the film company from Marvel years ago because Perlmutter and Feige were at loggerheads and Marvel Studios is the golden goose but Ike is on the board and would be nearly impossible to remove from Marvel.

Jeph Loeb works for the TV division of Marvel Publishing. He does not work for Marvel Studios. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Marvel Studios is, for all intents and purposes, literally a different company. They're both owned by Disney, but the way most of the Disney companies operate is as individual fifedoms. Disney split the film company from Marvel years ago because Perlmutter and Feige were at loggerheads and Marvel Studios is the golden goose but Ike is on the board and would be nearly impossible to remove from Marvel.

Jeph Loeb works for the TV division of Marvel Publishing. He does not work for Marvel Studios. 

It's not the TV division of Marvel Publishing. Marvel TV is the TV division of Marvel Entertainment. 

25 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

OK and? What does that have to do with the streaming service? You honestly believe Marvel TV and Jeph Loeb won't be involved at all?

I would be shocked if they have any involvement.

47 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I would be shocked if they have any involvement.

I'll be shocked if they don't. Most of the info. is also very vague and coming from Variety. Same outlet that said Disney was going to reinstate Gunn only to publish an article a day later saying he's never coming back.

23 hours ago, Raziel said:

So he's going back to the Ninja suit?

Yes. I don't mind it's return as it looks good and was in the best Marvel live action I've seen in Daredevil: Season One. The new mask and pants for the red suit seen in Daredevil Season Two and the Defenders are an improvement but the red suit still needs a little work.