DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

14 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I guess that's correct. But I guess there was some hope that Coulson would show up and meet the Avengers again. I don't know why he can't. His resurrection isn't exactly a state secret anymore. He's appeared in public plenty of times. All those hopes have now evaporated though.

Not unlike half of the universe's population. 

The thing is, when Disney split the golden goose of the Marvel Studios away from Ike and the publishing arm, the TV stuff stayed with Marvel Comics.

At this point, they don't even tell the TV people what is going to happen. There was a report awhile back that allegedly the TV people watch the movie trailers to try to figure out what's going to happen and stay connected.

I think Whedon was the last link between the two, and it's been like 4 years since he noped on out of there, and even he had previously publicly stated that as far as he was concerned Phil was still dead in the movies.

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The thing is, when Disney split the golden goose of the Marvel Studios away from Ike and the publishing arm, the TV stuff stayed with Marvel Comics.

At this point, they don't even tell the TV people what is going to happen. There was a report awhile back that allegedly the TV people watch the movie trailers to try to figure out what's going to happen and stay connected.

I think Whedon was the last link between the two, and it's been like 4 years since he noped on out of there, and even he had previously publicly stated that as far as he was concerned Phil was still dead in the movies.

It still annoys me that Whedon did that when he helps launch a TV show starring Phil and centered around Phil and is done with the whole premise as its taking place within the MCU. In fact, Agents of SHIELD didn't really start getting more attention until they did fallout of Winter Soldier and HYDRA infiltrating SHIELD.

• Like 1

I'll never understand why they don't use a bit of continuity between the movies and the show.  I loved when they had the fallout from Winter Soldier and wished they did more like that.

If the show is supposed to be along the same timeline as Infinity War then I'd hope that a couple people get dusted much like the movie.   It could be the season finale and you have the next season to play out the fallout of the event.  It could be folks like Piper, but if they really wanted that extra punch in the gut having Simmons disappear for awhile in dramatic fashion would be an interesting move.  Which would also take out Deke for that matter.  But when everything gets reversed that'll bring them both back and restore the timeline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

AoS finally gets a good season by not being bother with crossing over with the MCU and now people want them to get pulled back in.

It generally doesn't bother me if they have a crossover or not.  But if we're supposed to believe the timeline is current on the show then I would imagine there's some kind of effect on the group.  If it's a bit behind on the timeline (or in the case of Walking Dead it's a really short timeframe spaced out in multiple episodes) then no crossover's needed.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'll never understand why they don't use a bit of continuity between the movies and the show.  I loved when they had the fallout from Winter Soldier and wished they did more like that.

Hide contents

If the show is supposed to be along the same timeline as Infinity War then I'd hope that a couple people get dusted much like the movie.   It could be the season finale and you have the next season to play out the fallout of the event.  It could be folks like Piper, but if they really wanted that extra punch in the gut having Simmons disappear for awhile in dramatic fashion would be an interesting move.  Which would also take out Deke for that matter.  But when everything gets reversed that'll bring them both back and restore the timeline. 

This might be the final season so that would be a horrible idea.

1 hour ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

AoS finally gets a good season by not being bother with crossing over with the MCU and now people want them to get pulled back in.

Except that had basically nothing to do with it. Really a lot of the weaknesses in season 2 & 3 were tied into the Inhuman & Daisy focus. There was too much of it and it wasn't always written the best.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This might be the final season so that would be a horrible idea.

I had no idea this could be the final season.  If that's the case then by all means disregard my idea.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

On the plus side if it does happen that pretty much has to mean they have been renewed.

Tell that to the Sarah Connor Chronicles

Never watched it though I did hear it ended on a cliff hanger. In AoS's case its more as thing of them already mentioning treating it as a possible series finale. I can't see them adding something like that unless they got word they were renewed.

During the previews for next week's episode, the VO said season finale. So...

Friday's episode of AoS (and spoilers for Infinity War):

Spoiler

It's still all connected, I guess. Thanos is mentioned, and not just a namedrop. The last episode or two have taken place just days before the Black Order first make an appearance in New York (which was the "incident in NY" they mentioned last week. I'm willing to bet the season finale in two weeks (or even the penultimate next week) has some dusting, since presumably that episode will be taking place during the Battle of Wakanda.

Its possible.

Spoiler

The issue with them tying that far in is that they still haven't been renewed as far as I'm aware, and even if they had it would be hard to deal with that kind of ending considering Avengers 4 probably won't take place too long after Infinity War.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I had no idea this could be the final season.  If that's the case then by all means disregard my idea.

It's Agents of SHIELD. Every season could be the final season. :)

On 5/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Tell that to the Sarah Connor Chronicles

And Agent Carter.

• Like 1

Everything that happens in the movies is part of the Agents of Shield timeline. Nothing that happen in Agents of Shield is part of the movies' timeline.

Inhumans was officially cancelled. Though that's hardly a surprise since Anson Mount joined the cast of Star Trek Discovery weeks ago. Kind of hard to do an Inhumans show without Black Bolt. 

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for Season 6. Only 13 episodes, but ABC hasn't decided if that'll be the final season or not.

That's very interesting considering what could happen on the season finale.  If it is what I think it is I wonder how they're going to move on for next season.

• Like 1