DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

43 minutes ago, Craig H said:

By the way, what was the story about the shuffle involving Inhumans and one of the Disney/MCU executives? This is choppy at best, but I seem to recall that an exec was really into the Inhumans when everyone else thought it was dogshit, which lead to the movie becoming a TV series and that exec getting pushed into another role by Kevin Feige.

That would be Ike Perlmutter, head of Marvel Comics. He was basically 50/50 on Marvel Studios and the reason you saw so many Marvel Comics writers as consultants on script/direction. It's less that they disagreed on Inhumans and more that they disagreed on a lot, leading to a split. Disney took Feige's side for the films but Ike still has TV power and since Inhumans was his passion project, we ended up here.

It was also around that time that Feige stopped pretending he would ever consider acknowledging Marvel TV stuff in the films. 

Dr. Strange was the first MCU film completed post-split for those who want an idea of quality difference and Phase 4 will be the first without Ike consulting on plans (though I suspect Phase 3's back end changed a bit)

Tough to tell much of a quality difference. I rather liked Strange, especially the ending. More and more the cosmic and now multiverse aspects of the MCU are more interesting than the Earth-bound stuff, but I still really enjoyed Ant-Man, Civil War, etc. A lot is also pending on how Infinity War shakes out to see if the Earth-bound stuff winds up scratching the same itch for me that the cosmic and multiverse stuff is.

Do they deal with either of those parts of the MCU on Agents of SHIELD? Now I almost wish there was a viewing guide of sorts for AoS. Basically something to say, "here, watch these episodes and ignore the rest, but if you were interested in some other episodes, check these out too."

Milana Vayntrub has been cast as Squirrel Girl for Freeform's New Warriors series. Most will remember her as Lily from the AT&T commercials.

Milana-Vayntrub-2-160310.jpg

She was also The Ultimate Warrior in Max Landis's "Wrestling isn't Wrestling"

98gboPH.jpg

and was the dimwitted navigator on Paul Feig's "Other Space" that ran a season on Yahoo.

20 hours ago, Ace said:

Milayna Vayntrub has been cast as Squirrel Girl for Freeform's New Warriors series. Most will remember her as Lily from the AT&T commercials.

I just now learned she played Sloane Sandburg on "This is Us".  I did not recognize her at all.

She looks perfect for Squirrel Girl if they use her look in the AT&T commercials as a model.

• 2 weeks later...