DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

Spoiler

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's the episode where they reveal Colleen was in the Hand, right?

It didn't necessarily bother me, because I never thought Colleen was bad, just misled.

Unless that's not what you mean.

Finally finished Iron Fist. It did end a lot stronger than it started, it did have some really good character work, and I didn't hate it. Colleen was great.

But holy fucking shit guys, it's Marvel's "70's Kung Fu Fad" character and they totally didn't do that. For all its faults as the show went on, at least Luke Cage got that it needed to be a modern, more respectful take on blaxploition.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, Control said:

I know Donnie Yen is 30 years too old to play Iron Fist but I'd have been willing to suspend my disbelief.

Ray Park is also too old to play Iron Fist which is why this show should've been made into a movie like seven years ago so that Ray could've been Rand and Tony Jaa could've been the evil crime lord version of Shang Chi.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Marvel Universe TV Thread

Bad taste?

According to a report by 7Park Data (via Variety), Iron Fist's March 17 premiere was the most binge-watched of 2017 so far for Netflix, accounting for 14.6 percent of all Netflix streams that day. For comparison, Stranger Things' premiere accounted only for 4 percent of all streams, while Marvel's Daredevil Season 2 took up 13.8 percent of Netflix's streams.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/31/marvels-iron-fist-was-netflixs-most-binge-watched-drama

It sounds like people really liked it, since half the numbers for streaming were for E3 or higher.

19 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Hate watching is still watching.

I guess I hate watched Daredevil the completely wrong way. Damn. Instead of burning through the entire second season - I just watched something else instead because, man, that show fuckin' sucks.

So, the time code at the top right of this Defenders teaser would lead you to believe that it premieres on August 18th. That just so happens to be my birthday, so thanks Marvel, love the gift.

Daredevil walked into a room with the other Defenders, and even with just his radar sense he knew he was overdressed and was like, "Fuck if you guys aren't wearing a costume, I'm not either."  Then he subsequently ditched the costume and then wrapped some stockings over his head.  

AoS came back tonight with a strong episode. This LMD half of the season has been so good. I loved tonight's episode being titled What If and completely based around a change in an important event like actual What If comics. I hadn't even thought about the moment as something so important until they mention what happens and you consider its likely placement in the MCU time frame.

I started binging SHIELD on Netflix about a week ago. It's not anything great, but it's no worse than any of the other weekly stuff I used to watch. I wonder if they wrote May into the SHIELD book because of this... I may go back and read it.

On 4/16/2017 at 7:15 PM, steve said:

I've caught up on AoS now, just finished the What If episode... maybe I'm just a sucker who's easy to please, but I like this show a lot.

I have to laugh anymore because it seems every few weeks either myself or somebody else would go "Hey, AoS is still pretty great!"  It's like we're reminding people that while it's not talked about much it's still worth watching.  I kind of like that.

There's something about scenarios like this that's awfully unsettling when done right.  Whether it's Hydra running ship or Fitz being a cold-blooded killer you're just hoping they find their way back to reality.  I have bought into the "hope spots" like Caulson knowing of Daisy or her and Jemma meeting up.  I'm also liking that this "reality" has Daisy and Grant as a couple.  I don't know how he knew about their history, but it's not at all far-fetched considering before Grant showed his evil side them hooking up was a near-certainty.  Also like that he's part of the resistance.  Overall I'm really liking the show.

• Like 2