DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

Okay, I'm on board for now. 

Whomever is doing the casting for The Inhumans actually gives a shit about The Inhumans which in turn makes me actually give a shit about The Inhumans.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Okay, I'm on board for now. 

Whomever is doing the casting for The Inhumans actually gives a shit about The Inhumans which in turn makes me actually give a shit about The Inhumans.

Anson Mount is freaking awesome. He's got amazing expressiveness (especially in portraying exasperation). What great casting so far. They just have to nail Medusa and they're golden.

On 21/02/2017 at 9:11 PM, Matt D said:

Did you guys see the absolutely perfect casting for Maximus?

https://news.marvel.com/tv/60095/iwan-rheon-set-key-role-marvels-inhumans-series-abc/

Everyone who's looking forward to seeing Iwan Rheon in Inhumans, please tell me you've watched Misfits.

• Like 1

I was hoping they would've gotten someone a bit more prolific as Medusa, but it's better than some of the rumors I was reading about for her.    I know Serinda Swan has done a lot of TV, and she certainly has some model good looks.  But I haven't watched much of her work closely enough to really know if she is a good actress or not.  When I did watch Chicago Fire, I remember her run as Kelly Severide's shotgun bride that lasted for like two episodes.  I didn't think she was terrible in those episodes, but I don't exactly consider Chicago Fire an acting tour de force or anything.  I do recall how dumb the subplot was.  Severide doing something dumb and impulsive again, and then he gets testy about people suggesting it was dumb and impulsive to marry a girl he just met.  And then like an episode later they realize they were being dumb and impulsive and split up.  Anyway, Chicago Fire became a tiresome repetitive soap opera, so I dropped it.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

That is disappointing to hear. What are the general complaints?

Apparently the fight scenes are bad, like they're going half speed, and they're chopped to death in editing on top of that.  I feel like that alone should be the kiss of death for a martial arts show.

They must be be crazy not to have toploaded episode 2 or 3 with a major, distinct, ambitious fight like they've done with the other shows, but I suppose it's possible (and even logical) that most of the best fights are in the back half of the show. 

Hopefully the fight scenes are better towards the end, but that is kind of ridiculous considering the character is a martial artist. I'm not surprised its slow. The previews being shown were never the most exciting and those are usually from the first few episodes. I'm going to be so disappointed if the first season ends up so weak we never get to the awesome Immortal Weapons stuff though I suppose that is more suited for big budget films anyways.

I watched the first six episodes of Iron Fist.  It gets better towards the middle, but Scott Buck was the last person they should've gotten for this show.  I'm really concerned about Inhumans now.

I'm sort of saddened because this was the show out of all the Netflix characters I wanted the most.  If the reaction was this bad, I'm fearful we won't even get a second season.

I've not watched any Iron Fist trailers. Shame for fans the show is getting a fisting (sorry!).

The Iron Fist showrunner on Inhumans isn't encouraging. Speaking of Inhumans, this going to be a TV show or movie? I haven't followed the news on it since the film was announced long ago.

Iron Fist does not have enough Coleen Wing or enough Iron Fist beating the shit out of people.

I liked Serinda Swan well enough in Breakout Kings and in Graceland but yeah, I really can't see her as Medusa. 

Swan's made a career of being the tough and pretty woman in the background but Medusa is a fucking queen.

• Like 1

Medusa is the one who has to carry the show, more so than Maximus or Black Bolt, so it's a little worrying.

I do wonder if they have the sense to do a Daughters of the Dragon show instead of Iron Fist s2 if the back half is as disappointing as the first. 

• Like 1

The problem with the show is that they took the wrong route to modernize the character. 

I'm good with the character being in present day, but don't do it in a way that wipes out the superhero Kung Fu crazy shit.

There's nothing wrong with Iron Fist that a clean shave from a decent razor, a proper martial arts costume, and more fights wouldn't solve.

Yeah, the unkempt beard infuriates me.

• Like 2