DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

Finished up Cage last night. It was good, but probably the weakest season one so far. I'd have it right around the same level as DD season 2. 

I'm less enthusiastically in the same boat as EVA. I don't think the argument that Cottonmouth was the protagonist holds much water, but it was a tremendous performance, and Mariah and Diamondback didn't measure up.

I think Misty was actually best in show. Can't wait to see Colleen in Iron Fist.

I don't think Inhumans would've worked as a movie anyway.  Just not sure how you boil down the whole royal family thing into a two hour movie and also deal with a main character who is mostly mute, which movies like this generally don't like to do.  

I think this could really be like a toned down Game of Thrones but with Marvel characters.  But I still want Triton and Attilan.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2016 at 0:44 PM, Eivion said:

I like what I've read of the Inhumans so far though not enough to want to see a series based on them. I wish they were still leading the Kree Empire.

GoTG fucked up the War of Kings storyline by offing Ronan The Accuser.

IMO, Inhumans works best as a high budget mini-series which sorta works against the Marvel Netflix business model.  I concur with Vile One's notion of putting it on the same scale as Game of Thrones.

With Agent Carter cancelled and Agents of SHIELD on wobbly legs, I am not sure how long Disney / Marvel / ABC will continue to throw money at their network television projects when the Netflix series have proven to be far more successful.

I am not even sure you'd want to include the Inhumans in the MCU feature film continuum given the numerous eccentricities of the story and the characters, although the existence of Terrigen in the MCU could be used to explain away augmented humans aka we do not speak of "mutants" in the MCU.

Inhumans was perfectly fine in the 70's when it was its own encapsulated series and the plot mostly consisted of Black Bolt fighting off Maximus's coup attempts. 

Whenever Marvel tried to incorporate the Inhumans into the greater continuity, disaster usually followed.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:01 PM, steve said:

I like what I've read of the new stuff enough that I'll check the show out. The idea of TV-level CGI for Medusa's hair scares me, though.

Animating Medusa's hair will be 50% of the budget.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Comics rumor site Bleeding Cool has a story that Cody Rhodes wants a part in the inhuman "movie." 

You only get the actor's rate if you have lines, so I will laugh my ass off if they let him be Black Bolt.

It feels like every few weeks I ask "Hey, anybody watch Shield?" because people don't comment on it much.  But I'm still liking the season leading up to the Winter finale.  I still love Ghost Rider's addition to the show, even if they're hinting this is his last stand next week.  The temporary transfer to Mack was pretty damn cool.

• Like 2