DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

GR was eleven or twelve year old me's favorite Marvell comic. Danny Ketch motherfuckers!

But that was long time ago. I've read a few okay Ghost Rider books since then, but nothing I loved.

How did you not love the Aaron run? It's so good.

As for Moon Knight, they'd be idiots to start with another origin story. What they should do is adapt the current Lemire storyline which I think would fit the format so well.

On 5/19/2016 at 9:18 PM, Brian Fowler said:

GR was eleven or twelve year old me's favorite Marvell comic. Danny Ketch motherfuckers!

But that was long time ago. I've read a few okay Ghost Rider books since then, but nothing I loved.

Danny Ketch..Kyle Rayner....Jesus fucking Christ. ;)

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Kyle is a better character than Hal in every way possible.

Sure, if you like guys who do the right thing and don't kill the guy who murdered their girlfriend, but then decide to become the Punisher, try to fight Batman, and beg the Flash for the chance to go back in time to prevent the horrendous gay bashing of his friend who lived. And then is so disgusted he leaves Earth.

Cause Pedro. I'm shocked Winnick didn't have Kyle decapitate a guy for putting his finger in the peanut butter.

And New Frontier Hal is a better character than most, period.

50be678e200a9f784f069b3df09f5f87.jpg

"Fuck you, The Nineties."

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin Smith said he's asking to direct some Daredevil and Defenders TV episodes now.  That made me think.  Is there a property that Smith would maybe be a decent fit for in terms of an ongoing TV show?  Probably for cable or a premium streaming service.  

Wonder if Quesada will help him out there.  

I could see his aesthetic kinda working on Jessica Jones.  It's much more of a hang-out show with more talking than fisticuffs.  Smith just isn't enough of an action director to do the heavy lifting when it comes to the quality of carnage that we now expect from something like Daredevil.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When they say "an underground network of mutants" do they mean literally underground like the Morlocks, or just secretive? Because it's a choice of words that is going to lead people to conjecture on that.

• 2 weeks later...

First official Iron Fist teaser.  Looks like his origin's been changed to losing his parents in a plane crash instead of getting murdered by Harold Meachum in an expedition to the mountains.

EDIT:

Here are DEFENDERS and YouTube version of Iron Fist

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:
First official Iron Fist teaser.  Looks like his origin's been changed to losing his parents in a plane crash instead of getting murdered by Harold Meachum in an expedition to the mountains.

Well, you can murder people by sabotaging their plane. Kind of overkill, but that's a villainous trait, so it fits anyway.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

Wouldn't have expected Daredevil S3 to come so soon.

Technically, it's not.  2017 will be Iron Fist and Defenders.  Daredevil S3 can't start filming until after Defenders is finished.  It won't come until late 2017 or early 2018 at the very earliest.  

• Like 2

I totally called the Ghost Rider stuff at the beginning of the month. Good for me. I'm excited about it, but I swear to God if he's a fuckin' Inhuman...

Daredevil S3? Meh, let me know when Jessica Jones S2 gets announced. Until then, Iron Fist looks interesting and Luke Cage is my most anticipated right now. Defenders will be awesome just because first time team-ups are always exciting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I totally called the Ghost Rider stuff at the beginning of the month. Good for me. I'm excited about it, but I swear to God if he's a fuckin' Inhuman....

He'll probably be a vigilante with no powers except a souped-up car.

Just kidding.  He'll be an inhuman.