DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

I'm kinda hoping they kill off Coulson and replace him with.... William Petersen?  Mark Harmon?  Gary Sinise?  Someone who can convincingly carry an action show.

Note: I'm only for this if it frees up Clark Gregg for a role he's actually good in.  I like Gregg.  I just think he was badly miscast here (almost as much as Ming-na Wen).

• Like 1

On 3/30/2016 at 7:55 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

DD reference during AOS last night - blink and you'd miss it though

agents-dare-pic.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

WHAAAAAAAT? I just finished Daredevil so I was scrolling through the comments to see what you guys thought and I come across THIS. What the fuck was Agents of Shield doing in my hometown?

Right near Mack's brother's house, that he inherited from their parents but couldn't afford the payments on. But then it all got shot up by Anti-Inhuman terrorists so presumably the insurance payout covered a few months of the mortgage somehow.

Hmm...let's see...do we kill off the woman that guys drool over, or the guy that girls drool over.  Either way somebody's going to be sad/pissed.  But I can see Lincoln dying, for added effect he dies right after he's able to cure her from Hive.  That, or she kills him while under control and only fully realizes what she did after she's cured.

20 hours ago, Big Fresh said:

Secret Warriors was just a distraction so that no one would see evil Daisy coming. And it worked beautifully.

I had to watch the last two eps on demand so I could confirm if I saw what I just saw.

I kind of hope evil Daisy and Hive don't get cured or killed, and are villains in the next season. That's a big bad pairing that I can get behind, and I just can't express how much I love this new version of Ward that's completely badass and sinister. I'm sure the CGI effects for Hive aren't going to be what I think they should be, but one can hope.

I'm almost certain Jemma is going to die, because this show loves fucking those two over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NickMD said:

Hmm...let's see...do we kill off the woman that guys drool over, or the guy that girls drool over.  Either way somebody's going to be sad/pissed.  But I can see Lincoln dying, for added effect he dies right after he's able to cure her from Hive.  That, or she kills him while under control and only fully realizes what she did after she's cured.

Are there actually that many women fangirling over Lincoln?

12 hours ago, Casey said:

I kind of hope evil Daisy and Hive don't get cured or killed, and are villains in the next season. That's a big bad pairing that I can get behind, and I just can't express how much I love this new version of Ward that's completely badass and sinister. I'm sure the CGI effects for Hive aren't going to be what I think they should be, but one can hope.

I'm almost certain Jemma is going to die, because this show loves fucking those two over.

Ward is dead. Hive is its own character/person essentially so there wouldn't be a curing him realistically anyways. I can't see them leaving Daisy evil into the next season.

And I totally see one of FitzSimmons biting it for the same reason.

On 4/23/2016 at 1:21 AM, Eivion said:

Are there actually that many women fangirling over Lincoln?

Just an assumption, don't really know/care if that part's true.

Clark Gregg and Hayley Atwell were on Lip Sync Battle recently.  The two main things I got from it were 1. If you liked Hayley before, you're really going to like her more, and 2. Clark will do something that is straight up horrifying.  Definitely worth checking out though.

Yep, and that was annoying considering most of the show was about them taking out Hydra.  Even May couldn't be asked to give half a damn with her tired-sounding line.  Good episode aside from that.

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

Steve Lightfoot from Hannibal will be running The Punisher series, it got officially ordered today for a full season.

The Welcome Home, Frank series premier will be fucking insane.  The entire first season totally needs to be Frank vs. the Gnucci crime family.

Not sure if I want to see Ma Gnucci being fed to polar bears, though.   Probably better (or worse) to have her fate end up the same as the THQ video game, because I could see Netflix Punisher doing something like that and MS in the Rated-R sprit of Deadpool signing off on it..

RIP Ma Gnucci (AKA if at first you don't succeed,,,) happens around the 24:10 mark of the vid.

Speaking of the game, I would love to see what Lightfoot would do with Bushwacker.

The Gray's Funeral Home massacre from the game absolutely needs to be in this show.

Can't speak for anyone else, but Hive's big plan essentially being Magneto's from the first X-Men movie was pretty fucking funny. What an utter trainwreck this show has been.

I know they're renewed for next season, but how many gimmicks do they have left in the tank to keep this thing afloat?

Really hard for me to keep watching Agents of SHIELD anymore.  It's borderline getting to hate viewing.  Even the Kree showing up this week just doesn't feel as momentous as it should've been.  

The Mac/Quake scene was weird.  It was almost like Mac was trying to confess his love to her.  

I just kinda wish there was more cool comic book superhero stuff in the show, but it just seems to consistently disappoint me.  Like in the first season they are setting up characters like Graviton and Blizzard.  Like they are building to something there.  So logically, shouldn't those characters show up again and form into actual super-villains?  It's like there's all this table setting of Marvel Universe characters with no actual payoff.