DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

So, they cast Jessica Henwick aka Nymeria Sand aka the cute Sand Snake with the whip from Game of Thrones as Collen Wing in the upcoming Iron Fist series.  She will join Finn Jones aka The Knight of Flowers from Game of Thrones who will play Iron Fist.

I await the Sean Bean and Jack Gleeson cameos in the upcoming season.

David Wenham, Faramir of The Lord of the Rings and the narrator of the 300 movies, has been cast as Harold Meachum for Iron Fist.  Good choice and always happy to see David Wenham getting more work.

Also, Charlie Cox says The Defenders starts filming at the end of the year.  That puts the schedules about like this:

2016 - Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage

2017 - Iron Fist and The Defenders Miniseries

So possibly for 2018?

2018 - Daredevil S3 and Jessica Jones S2 ??? 

So they're really going to wait THAT long on a Punisher series?  That seems like a mistake.  I can't imagine the larger fanboy audience clamoring for a Iron Fist solo program over the frakking Punisher.  Not to mention putting Jessica Jones off for that long before her second season.  

• Like 1

Well we don't know for sure Jingus.  Technically the Punisher has still not been officially announced either.  I mean we technically just got a whole season of Punisher intensity on Daredevil.  

I've said before if they want to do a Punisher show they will have to go beyond their whole two shows a year deal, or we'll just be waiting a while for some of these shows.

It's really funny to me that Marvel ends up, through the nature of being so hesitant to utilize major characters, heavily increasing the value of C-Level characters.

That could be Lance Hunter or John Garrett or Alexander Pierce or (Jeri) Hogarth and now Harold Meachum. 

On 4/7/2016 at 10:50 AM, odessasteps said:

Looks like ABC Family (which has a wacky name now) might have a cloak and dagger series.

Wouldn't Power Pack make more sense?  I always thought C&D was pretty gritty.  I mean, I could see how you could do it in a modern YA way, but I'd still think Power Pack would be the way to go.

On 3/31/2016 at 7:16 AM, Dirty J. said:

The amount of love  D'onofrio gets as Kingpin is mind boggling to me. Someone needs to sell this guy to me. He isn't intimidating. His 'Kingpin voice' is hokey as fuck as is his overacting. Plus he looks like a giant baby in his prison jumpsuit.

I've only seen S1 so far, but I loved D'onofrio as Kingpin physically, yet I totally agree about the Kingpin voice.  Overdone. 

Well, it looks like they're saving the full Hive reveal for the season finale or something. But I'm totally onboard with that storyline, easily my favorite part of the show. I just love Hydra, though.

I could care less about SECRET WARRIORS UNITE because the Secret Warriors on this show all suck.

1 hour ago, tigertooth said:

Wouldn't Power Pack make more sense?  I always thought C&D was pretty gritty.  I mean, I could see how you could do it in a modern YA way, but I'd still think Power Pack would be the way to go.

I think the former ABC Family does stuff that is quite a bit more gritty and aimed at the late teens/early twenties crowd these days, at least in primetime.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Well, it looks like they're saving the full Hive reveal for the season finale or something. But I'm totally onboard with that storyline, easily my favorite part of the show. I just love Hydra, though.

I could care less about SECRET WARRIORS UNITE because the Secret Warriors on this show all suck.

Its weird how they expect people to treat them as something special when there is only four of them, and the two who aren't on the show regularly didn't have strong enough characters to leave big impressions.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think the former ABC Family does stuff that is quite a bit more gritty and aimed at the late teens/early twenties crowd these days, at least in primetime.

Yeah, Freeform's shows delve into more adult territory often. I can see this working. Cloak and Dagger is one of those properties where I wonder what took them so long to finally adapt it. 

It's 2016. They were worried that people would accuse them of being unreasonably racist, while other people accused them of being unreasonably anti-racist. And obviously Cloak and Dagger is horribly sexist to both men and women if you're the sort of person who thinks everything ever is horribly sexist.

This is the internet we live in.

So, no talk about Hive and the the mistust with the inhumans on Shield?  That was quite the episode.  And they're hyping up an agent's going to die next week.  If it's who I think it is I'm going to be pretty sad about that.

• Like 1

They hyped an agent dying some time in the next four episodes. It won't necessarily be next week. And that was a much better episode than I thought it would end up with the crappy hyping of Secret Warriors they did. Who do you think is going to die?

Here's my problem, shouldn't Hive just as easily use that "sway" trick on humans?  I mean he can transfer and take the memories from any human too.  Isolating it to just the Inhumans seems just like a writing crutch.  

Secret Warriors has been a really rotten carrot this season.  

That's a good point but if Hive is supposed to be this type of "God" from another planet then I could see him using this trick on the far powerful Inhumans to do his bidding.  Why use it on normal humans when you can have somebody cave a guy's skull in like last night?  And I wouldn't say the Secret Warriors have been a bust, but do wish they spaced out what was going on.  They went from "Hey, guys, we saved the day" to "I don't trust you, I don't trust you, or you, or you..."  The reveal could have been next week and it would have been just fine for me.  Just wish they did more stuff together to show just how powerful they are as a team before everything fell apart.

Yeah, I didn't buy the Secret Warriors freaking out and refusing to cooperate.  Coulson found out that Hive might have infected one of them.  Did they not believe that was possible?  Did they think he was lying to them?  It came off as only a slightly more plausible dramabomb than the 97th time somebody drove their car off the road in the Walking Dead.

And with that what's to happen to the three that didn't get infected?  Mack was getting awfully close to the Columbian woman, but even after it's proven she wasn't infected it'd be silly for them to just go "My bad, now let me show you my room"  And then there's the other guy who is too paranoid from it all and wants to leave (blanking on their names today)    Daisy's guy will likely be all kinds of torn and we'll have to see that play out for at least an episode and a half.  I still like where they're going with this, but man do I wish they went at certain things a different way.  That said, I liked heel Daisy and am curious what she does from here.  But I have this bad feeling she'll be the one to get killed off due to things backfiring and I'll be sad.

On a positive note, about time Fitz and Simmons got through those weird stages and are now a couple.  This time around there isn't any BS about some guy on another planet or them recovering from some traumatic event, so that's nice.