DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

I'm watching season 2 of AoS on Netflix and genuinely shocked at how good it was. I thought it was legitimately bad before TWS twist, and then got better, but season 2 is 200% better on all fronts. It's dramatically better than Jessica Jones, and I think I enjoy it more than Daredevil as well.

Well I think JJ is garbage, and DD, while I liked it, I found it difficult to muster up the desire to keep watching episodes. I can't really explain why, but it took me about 9 months to finish the first season. While the action obviously isn't as good, I find S2 of AoS to be genuinely entertaining and interesting television that makes me want to see the next episode immediately. I care about the characters and the over arching story in a way that I didn't with Daredevil. Or season 1.

I've liked all the Marvel TV shows so far. Daredevil has a lock on the top spot then Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Two and Season One. Daredevil's not only the best TV show, it's the best thing in the entire MCU.

Jessica Jones' scheduling will depend on when Defenders gets done.  

2016 will be Daredevil and Luke Cage.  Hypothetically, Iron Fist is 2017.  However, there is no guarantee Defenders gets out by 2017.  

Ultimately, they might have to start putting out more than two a year if they want extra seasons.  Or one show will have to take a year off.

I see The Defenders happening around the same time as Infinity War, personally. If 2016 is for Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage, then 2017 could be for Jessica Jones S2 and Iron First. I don't think The Defenders has to happen first for S2 of Jessica Jones to happen. Unless I'm missing something, which I probably am.

But then what about Daredevil season 3 and The Punisher?  If Daredevil Season 2 is as well received as season 1, aren't you going to want a third season?  They are going to have to figure that out.

You're talking to someone who didn't really care for Daredevil S1, so... :P