DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

I did a full write up for Jessica Jones, which can be read here.

The TLDR version is I think it's terrible. Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad fight scenes, bad effects, flat cinematography and lighting, inappropriate music, and oppressively dark content in an obnoxious way that might as well had them screaming WE'RE ON NETFLIX, BABY every scene. 

• Like 1

I'm not seeing how it's a war.  Are kids really going to not go see Batman v Superman that weekend so they can watch Daredevil on Netflix?  

I think the only wars will be on forums between angry fanboys.

Exactly, if it was really a "war", they wouldn't have moved Civil War. While each wants to do better than the other, it's mutually beneficial for both companies to do well.

Part of me honestly does think it'll affect the initial Box Office. We live in a binging world. Why leave your couch when you can just catch the movie next week.

Why stay on the couch when you can go to the movies and watch TV later?
One is innately easier than the other.

I'm not seeing how it's a war.  Are kids really going to not go see Batman v Superman that weekend so they can watch Daredevil on Netflix?  

Exactly, if it was really a "war", they wouldn't have moved Civil War. While each wants to do better than the other, it's mutually beneficial for both companies to do well.

Civil War didn't move. BvS did.

• Like 1

I'd rather stay home and watch Daredevil than spend upwards of $20 for a move experience for a movie I already think is going to suck. Shit I wouldn't even waste bandwith to DL an illegal torrent of Dawn of Justice. I'll gladly stay at home and binge DD S2.

James 

• Like 1

Civil War didn't move. BvS did.

Ah, cheers.

But the thing I'm wondering is: Where the hell is Big Fresh explaining to us, how this show is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

He's been suspended. For ages.

I wondered where Big Fresh was. I didn't know he's been suspended.

No, I wasn't! Just took a long break. It was good.

I don't think someone would be suspended for 3 months. At that point, they'd probably just be banned.

But the thing I'm wondering is: Where the hell is Big Fresh explaining to us, how this show is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

He's been suspended. For ages.

I wondered where Big Fresh was. I didn't know he's been suspended.

No, I wasn't! Just took a long break. It was good.

I don't think someone would be suspended for 3 months. At that point, they'd probably just be banned.

Welcome back!