DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

Really? She talks about being from much further away than China, her drugs are stamped with a very K'un L'un symbol and she gets away at the end. If that isn't setup for IF it's a huge waste of breadcrumbs.

The problem I see is that its hard to set up a series you aren't actually writing/directing and is two years out. I'm not disputing the relation to IF so much as them going full blown with a follow up on the character in the IF series. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the character never shows up again, even in Daredevil.

I completely, 100% forgot about May until Coulson mentioned her vacation at the end.

I kept wondering if she was going to show up this episode. They hinted to her potentially leaving last season.

The monolith is a tunnel to Asgard???

Looks like 3rd verse, same as the 2nd...

Why do you think that's Asgard?

Not to answer for him but I assume because it vaguely looked like Melekith's hell dimension in Thor 2. I thought that for a second too until Gemma looked up and saw the two planet thingys. Now I assume she's somewhere in the Kree Empire.

Although too bad the rights to FF couldn't revert back to Marvel a little more quickly because her popping up in the Negative Zone would've been a pretty epic twist.

Anyway, its too late to convince the people who think Shield sucks that it doesn't but I did think this was by far the most promising season opener they've had. I do love Chloe just being full-on Quake now - complete with name change - although taking 45 episodes to get to this point was WAAAY too long. And I guess I'm partially biased because I've said for the past two seasons Fitz is by far the best actor and most interesting character on the show so giving him such awesome scenes kinda played into my interest in more him, less boring characters. If there's one person on the show who can do a Wesley-from-Angel and totally morph from dorky nebbish to full-on badass, it's him.

• Like 1

I assumed it was the Blue Area of the Moon.

That was my first assumption when Gemma looked up to the sky too but iirc there were two things in the horizon, one looked like a planet and the other looked like another moon. Maybe one was supposed to be the sun and the other the Earth but if so that CGI was epically shitty. Wish I could find a screencap online but when I google the ep all I find are screencaps of Daisy in a tank top.

Why do you think that's Asgard?

Not to answer for him but I assume because it vaguely looked like Melekith's hell dimension in Thor 2. I thought that for a second too until Gemma looked up and saw the two planet thingys. Now I assume she's somewhere in the Kree Empire.

Although too bad the rights to FF couldn't revert back to Marvel a little more quickly because her popping up in the Negative Zone would've been a pretty epic twist.

Anyway, its too late to convince the people who think Shield sucks that it doesn't but I did think this was by far the most promising season opener they've had. I do love Chloe just being full-on Quake now - complete with name change - although taking 45 episodes to get to this point was WAAAY too long. And I guess I'm partially biased because I've said for the past two seasons Fitz is by far the best actor and most interesting character on the show so giving him such awesome scenes kinda played into my interest in more him, less boring characters. If there's one person on the show who can do a Wesley-from-Angel and totally morph from dorky nebbish to full-on badass, it's him.

I'm with you. Very good opener.

I enjoyed Agents of SHIELD tonight but it was mainly used as a vehicle to reunite Fitz and Simmons. ward taking over HYDRA feels like it could have strong potential. Looking forward to the season. 

I loved the use of Barry Miller.  I have a helluva time remembering his name for some reason (had to look it up), but always like when he's in a show.  Enjoyed the episode, loved the reunion at the end.  It's one of those things where you always felt Fitz and Simmons would be together and at this point all is well.  At first I thought they'd tease him getting Simmons only for her to slip away as they pull him back in.  I could have gone for more of the portal and them trying a different way to get her.  It worked out in the end but they could have gotten more use out of that.  But if the portal's done with then hopefully the reformation of Hydra is as awesome as I hope to make up for it.