DVDVR Message Board

My problem isn't that Bryan got his ass kicked, as there were 7 people up there, but the fact that they emasculated the ENTIRE roster. There was no need for any of them to be out there. If you are going to have them out there, at least have guys like Show, Henry, Usos et al, try to help but be held back by other wrestlers who are maybe afraid for their jobs.

Plus, this trend of the last several years of wrestlers just meekly walking out whenever security is called is super lamesauce. You're a trained fighter and they are guys who are too dumb to become cops, take a couple of them out!

As much as I hate his character, you could always count on Sheamus to stupidly brogue kick a rent-a-cop.

If there was ever a night that the big lug was needed, it was tonight.

My problem isn't that Bryan got his ass kicked, as there were 7 people up there, but the fact that they emasculated the ENTIRE roster. There was no need for any of them to be out there. If you are going to have them out there, at least have guys like Show, Henry, Usos et al, try to help but be held back by other wrestlers who are maybe afraid for their jobs.

Plus, this trend of the last several years of wrestlers just meekly walking out whenever security is called is super lamesauce. You're a trained fighter and they are guys who are too dumb to become cops, take a couple of them out!

They had their job security threatened. Everyone just saw what HHH did at SummerSlam. Dolph and Big Show lipped off and got rolled by The Shield. Why risk your livelihood for a dude who has to stand tall? Especially when there's a chance the guy standing behind you is in cahoots with this whole thing and can take you out as well.

Next week (or the week after) is when the rallying cry begins.

Because they're good guys and that's what good guys do. Where the fuck is Sting?

• Like 2

They had to establish the new heel stable on RAW. There was still questions on how much of an alliance it was.

No way should D-Bry gotten any victory tonight. This is the type of stuff people would hate if Cena did it the day after.

It's the McMahons! It's the same heel stable it always is! Why do they need to be established? Bryan shouldn't have beaten them individually, but at least make your roster, the people we're supposed to pay to see not look like one of Dolfan's cute gifs of innocent kittens.

Steph and Randy's hug was a perfect heel moment, though.

I mean the Orton/HHH part of it, since they've both spent a while as faces and could have easily been in the 'cheered no matter what' column. They had to work a little to make sure thats not the case and fucking over Bryan a few times does that.

They should've murdered John Cena and set him as an example of what happens when you mess with The Corporate Evolution, tbh.

EXACTLY! Then Bryan comes out swinging a chair and everyone goes nuts.

I think Bryan is at that stage where because of his work, his character, and, importantly, his catchphrase he's basically bulletproof. I mean, losing in 18 seconds launched him into the hottest run of his career. I really doubt that after pinning John Cena clean that all of a sudden getting beatdown by a gang of heels ruins his heat.

I mean, it's the same deal with Punk. The guy has won once on PPV all year and he's hotter now as a babyface than he's ever been.

Now, we can argue the issue of why the WWE books their babyfaces to be idiots or generally selfish people, or why the McMahons and Hunter can't resist subtly demeaning characters in segments whether they're heel or babyfaces.

Yes, but Punk was SUPER HOT after that stage promo and they neutered him with the HHH/Nash stuff. It took him a YEAR-PLUS title reign to get over to where he is now.

I'm not complaining that Bryan is ruined, but I'm just saying that they are making it harder for the casual fan to trust the Daniel Bryan character as a winner and not just another jobber who is going to get knee-capped. They've conditioned their audience to expect mediocrity from their heroes not named John Cena, and they always give it to 'em.

• Like 2

They had their job security threatened. Everyone just saw what HHH did at SummerSlam. Dolph and Big Show lipped off and got rolled by The Shield. Why risk your livelihood for a dude who has to stand tall? Especially when there's a chance the guy standing behind you is in cahoots with this whole thing and can take you out as well.

Because they're good guys and that's what good guys do. Where the fuck is Sting?

Hanging around with deranged drug addicts and millionaires who bankroll that dependency

How can anyone who posts on THIS fucking board claim to know anything about the mindset of the "casual fan"?

Every time I see someone posting OH WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CASUAL FAN? it's them over-reacting to something and trying to give their complaints artificial weight.

• Like 2

Hanging around with deranged drug addicts and millionaires who bankroll that dependency

He is doing his best to save them. 

The last segment wasn't so much at problem as the first segment for me. I mean, it's dumb of Bryan to come out in the first place but at least he fought off the Shield for a while and it took HHH tricking him (AGAIN) to get him down. At the end of the day though, I can handle my super-faces being dumb, it's just the trade-off. But the first segment made DB come off as a whiny bitch who won't really do shit. "Fire me! I'll go back to selling shirts out of my car!" wasn't really good enough or even cool. And not even beginning to try to fight off the guard was lame. At least have him break some shit backstage or something. For a character with serious anger issues, he was pretty compliant beyond slapping the mic out of Stephanie. That was probably the best promo of her career. The bitchy queen bee stuff, she's not very good at. But HR Manager bullshit speak comes so natural to her.

I also hope the Shield with the McMahons isn't a long term thing. It should be more or less, we'll do your bidding for now, but once we're tried of having our fun beating down the roster, we still have the ultimate plan of taking over and that includes stepping on the McMahons.

The last segment wasn't so much at problem as the first segment for me. I mean, it's dumb of Bryan to come out in the first place but at least he fought off the Shield for a while and it took HHH tricking him (AGAIN) to get him down. At the end of the day though, I can handle my super-faces being dumb, it's just the trade-off. But the first segment made DB come off as a whiny bitch who won't really do shit. "Fire me! I'll go back to selling shirts out of my car!" wasn't really good enough or even cool. And not even beginning to try to fight off the guard was lame. At least have him break some shit backstage or something. For a character with serious anger issues, he was pretty compliant beyond slapping the mic out of Stephanie. That was probably the best promo of her career. The bitchy queen bee stuff, she's not very good at. But HR Manager bullshit speak comes so natural to her.

I also hope the Shield with the McMahons isn't a long term thing. It should be more or less, we'll do your bidding for now, but once we're tried of having our fun beating down the roster, we still have the ultimate plan of taking over and that includes stepping on the McMahons.

I kept expecting a face turn from Shield but that didn't come to pass.  I'm still not writing that off entirely, as they seem to have made it clear they offer themeslves to the highest bidder.  Come Survivor Series time I'm predicting DBD buys them off to feud with HHH, Orton, and whomever else they recruit.

If there is a face turn is in their future, I don't think it will come as a group.

They had to establish the new heel stable on RAW. There was still questions on how much of an alliance it was.No way should D-Bry gotten any victory tonight. This is the type of stuff people would hate if Cena did it the day after.

It's the McMahons! It's the same heel stable it always is! Why do they need to be established? Bryan shouldn't have beaten them individually, but at least make your roster, the people we're supposed to pay to see not look like one of Dolfan's cute gifs of innocent kittens.Steph and Randy's hug was a perfect heel moment, though.
They needed to establish why Orton and HHH/Vince/Steph are willing to work together and they have to make it look like them getting together was a good idea from their perspective. You can't have Daniel Bryan take them down a peg right off the bat. They allowed him to fight off the Shield three-on-one when Big Show lost a match under the same circumstances. That should be good enough.The question is, how long can they hold off a rematch between Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan? I'd love for them to be able to keep them apart long enough to have Team Daniel Bryan vs Team HHH with a stipulation that Bryan has to win to get his rematch, and have Cena's return timed so that he can be the last guy on Bryan's team.

I was searching for a term to use in my last post, but didn't remember exactly what it was until now: concern trolling.Concern trolling annoys the shit out of me.

you couldn't remember the term "trolling"? It's right up there with "hipster" as the most obnoxiously overused term on the internet.

• Like 1

I was searching for a term to use in my last post, but didn't remember exactly what it was until now: concern trolling.Concern trolling annoys the shit out of me.

you couldn't remember the term "trolling"? It's right up there with "hipster" as the most obnoxiously overused term on the internet.
It was the "concern" part that elluded me for a minute.