DVDVR Message Board

SO what's ANYONE's thoughts on "LOS LUCHADORES"?! I honestly thought  this was some sorta tv commercial joke(---they same way I thought that Saturday Night Live was pulling a joke on it's audience when they aired the commercial for "Over the Top", you know, the ARM WRASSLIN movie. No shite, me and a few friends had stayed up late night and couldn't believe what were were watching, but it turned out to be true, oh yes...it was true.)Anyways, back to the "LOS LUCHADORES"... anyone hope that this is a combination of EL Generico and someone else with top nocth madness and ability?!

Are you being extremely tardy in being excited over Primo and Epico being repackaged as Los Matadores?Who should totally come out to this song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgTM6lTdVBM

SO what's ANYONE's thoughts on "LOS LUCHADORES"?! 

I honestly thought  this was some sorta tv commercial joke(---they same way I thought that Saturday Night Live was pulling a joke on it's audience when they aired the commercial for "Over the Top", you know, the ARM WRASSLIN movie. No shite, me and a few friends had stayed up late night and couldn't believe what were were watching, but it turned out to be true, oh yes...it was true.)

Anyways, back to the "LOS LUCHADORES"... anyone hope that this is a combination of EL Generico and someone else with top nocth madness and ability?!

Posted Image

I Sho' Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the Colons. Because they're brown, so MATADORS. 

SO what's ANYONE's thoughts on "LOS LUCHADORES"?!

I honestly thought this was some sorta tv commercial joke(---they same way I thought that Saturday Night Live was pulling a joke on it's audience when they aired the commercial for "Over the Top", you know, the ARM WRASSLIN movie. No shite, me and a few friends had stayed up late night and couldn't believe what were were watching, but it turned out to be true, oh yes...it was true.)

Anyways, back to the "LOS LUCHADORES"... anyone hope that this is a combination of EL Generico and someone else with top nocth madness and ability?!

Posted Image

I Sho' Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the Colons. Because they're brown, so MATADORS.
I'll wait and see how it turns out before I start dismissing it. How about you?

Oh right...

According to Wiki there has only been one Puerto Rican bullfighter in history, Ernesto Pastor. So, The Colons are really making history there.

But, really, when you factor in Spain's colonialism of Puerto Rico it's not quite as outrageous as a lot of their "all brown people are the same" gimmicks.

I love bullfighting by the way. Read two rather exhaustive books on the subject that were assigned in college. Quality stuff. I hope PETA gets mad at the gimmick too.

Just watched Raw on Hulu plus. Here's a few thoughts (not that anyone cares).

For those if you who don't watch Raw on Hulu, you are idiots. It's a good wrestling show without all the schill and bloat of the 3 hour Raw.

Also, my wife watched it with me. She isn't a fan, but she will occasionally watch a show with me. She is RIGHTEOUSLY pissed about Daniel Bryan's treatment. She was yelling back at Stephanie's promo and Triple H's "what about me?" promo. She is actually into the story now. After the beat down she said "he's going to kick their asses at some point, right?".

So in other words, quit whining. You are being impatient bitches.

Also, Step Brothers is a funny movie.

• Like 3

I actually thought as Bryan and the Shield were brawling up the ramp that somehow someone was going to crash into Henry and it was going to be on and all of us would have had a hard time locating our pants

EXACTLY! That's been my main problem with the whole thing, not Bryan getting his ass kicked. How do you wheel out 30 odd wrestlers out there and not have it turn into an all out brawl, with the McMahons and Orton sneaking out the back to gloat? You end up in the same place without all the derpiness and with the added awesome visual of the entire roster brawling all over the stage, ramp and ring.

Just watched Raw on Hulu plus. Here's a few thoughts (not that anyone cares).For those if you who don't watch Raw on Hulu, you are idiots. It's a good wrestling show without all the schill and bloat of the 3 hour Raw.Also, my wife watched it with me. She isn't a fan, but she will occasionally watch a show with me. She is RIGHTEOUSLY pissed about Daniel Bryan's treatment. She was yelling back at Stephanie's promo and Triple H's "what about me?" promo. She is actually into the story now. After the beat down she said "he's going to kick their asses at some point, right?". 

My wife walked out before Bryan came out.  Her last words: "Why does everything have to be about that girl's husband?"

Your wife and my wife have unknowingly recreated this entire thread and much of the last ten years of this message board in under ten seconds each.

• Like 1

Actually, the PTPs joining ranks with Daniel Bryan might be something on the horizon. Darren Young's the other new face of the company and you can't turn him heel. Titus is charismatic enough to hang with the big boys on the mic. They'd be feuding with The Shield who could carry me and my dog to a *** match at this point. They have to push them a bit more first to establish their credentials and give them some sea legs. But I would bet it's on the way.

Was it just me, or did PTP look about 10x more motivated than even a week ago? Besides the obvious, maybe they're both just better at working babyface.

Titus has always come off as a naturally nice guy to me.

Really they both do.  Not sure why they were heels.

For me DVR saves everything. I have zero interest in seeing Stephanie Mcmahon on my television. So I fast forwarded through most of it after getting the gist. Turned into not a huge deal.

I do think there is some validity to some bad booking, I know they are trying to use reverse psychology to further cement Brian as an underdog favorite, but I just don't think pointing out real or percieved or worked flaws of your stars on tv gets you anywhere. I know wrestling is it's own thing but picture Dana White going out and talking up a fight but saying "this guy is slow, shouldn't be the face of our company" etc etc or a football coach "yeah our quarterback really sucks when he's forced out of the pocket" or a music producer "yeah we actually had to autotune the shit out of this chorus vocal, and overdub a lot of his guitar"

I know none of those are the exact same thing but I am having a hard time thinking of a single profession or any area of entertainment where it's a good idea to talk shit on your stars on tv.

That being said they are doing a lot of things well, building to matches that (I, personally) would like to see and letting those matches be good. Not overbooking too much and letting things be on a nice even keel. Elevating the right guys and running with the next generation. Just go all in. Any company that gives the calibre of Cena/Brian and Punk/Lesnar on one card I will keep with. HHH is not great at putting people over, we know this. But Brian will survive and be a top guy still most likely and that's fucking cool.

So if Battleground will have the War Games-Esq match people are hoping for, does this mean we'll see Daniel Bryan & PTP & someone else vs. Orton & The Shield?

It's a shame Mark Henry didn't come help Daniel Bryan. The place would have gone crazy if he or anyone else did. The crowd was begging for someone to step up and fight with him. All Triple H said was if anyone touched Daniel Bryan. He never said anything specifically about The Shield.

Was it just me, or did PTP look about 10x more motivated than even a week ago? Besides the obvious, maybe they're both just better at working babyface.

Titus has always come off as a naturally nice guy to me.

I always wanted Titus to have a cop gimmick- not Big Bossman cop, but like Hightower from Police Academy

• Like 1

I don't get how they'd lump the PTP into the DBryan story. His coming out is a nice story and all but I really don't want Darren Young shoved down my throat.

I'm such a child...
  • Like 9

I don't get how they'd lump the PTP into the DBryan story. His coming out is a nice story and all but I really don't want Darren Young shoved down my throat.

I'm such a child...

Don't worry, there's plenty of room in the day care over here.