DVDVR Message Board

Is Your're Next a WWE Films dealie.  One of the killers has a sheep mask resembling the bald Wyatt boy's mask.  I can't imagine that Vince hasn't copywrited everything about the Wyatt's and is just waiting to sue someone.

I noticed that, too.  Was wondering which came first: The Wyatts or the film?

The film premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in September 2011. Several people who saw it told me it was great, which made me want to see it really badly, and then Lionsgate bought it and sat on it for two years.

So, to answer your question, the film came first.

Since everything I had to say was covered by others in the 19 pages of hell this thread grew into over night I'll just add that Punk cut the greatest/worst E-Fed promo of all time last night. Even better/worse than the one he cut a few weeks ago.

I will add though that I love how WWE found a way to work the "smarks" in a way that has caused completely rational wrestling fans on here and Twitter to lose their fucking minds the last 2 nights.

Is there anything wrong with the idea of firing the current Sin Cara and putting Hunico back under the mask and pretending it is the same guy?

Yes, but only because firing someone who's injured is wrong, and Sin Cara's always injured.

That's a smart way to stay on the payroll.

• Like 1

If anything The Shield gave that jobber Dolph Ziggler way too much for a 3-on-1 handicap match.

I didn't have any problem at all with the way the show ended though. It got two things over perfectly: Bryan's dogged pursuit of these dismissive pricks and them using his vengeance-clouded tunnel vision to toy with him.

• Like 1

I think it's pretty clear what Daniel Bryan has to do. He does need backup. But who can he get? Cena, Sheamus, and Kane are all out? CM Punk once took his girlfriend. He can't be trusted. Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph have all tore Bryan apart before. He can't go to them. There's no one in WWE that he can trust. He has to go back to his roots.

There's no more natural enemy to an uber-corporation full of suit than a bunch of dumb kids running around causing trouble. And maybe after all these years, the kids finally listened to Jimmy Bower's advice. They gave up the drugs and the partying and finally fulfilled their potential. It's time for the McMahon's to become victims. Victims.... of hardstyle.

Posted Image

• Like 2

I think it's pretty clear what Daniel Bryan has to do. He does need backup. But who can he get? Cena, Sheamus, and Kane are all out? CM Punk once took his girlfriend. He can't be trusted. Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph have all tore Bryan apart before. He can't go to them. There's no one in WWE that he can trust. He has to go back to his roots.

There's no more natural enemy to an uber-corporation full of suit than a bunch of dumb kids running around causing trouble. And maybe after all these years, the kids finally listened to Jimmy Bower's advice. They gave up the drugs and the partying and finally fulfilled their potential. It's time for the McMahon's to become victims. Victims.... of hardstyle.

Posted Image

Gonna need to see how good their missile dropkicks are before I'm sold on that angle.

It looks like the sheep mask in the movie is the same one Rowan wears, just painted white. It's really just a generic mask that you can buy anywhere. 

It's like that stupid horse head mask people wear. That's still a thing, right?

I just realized that I enjoy that the WWE made whichever Bella Bryan is fucking stand out there and watch him take that ass-kicking without trying to save her man.

Well that continuity is going to be muddled the larger this thing gets.

I actually thought as Bryan and the Shield were brawling up the ramp that somehow someone was going to crash into Henry and it was going to be on and all of us would have had a hard time locating our pants

• Like 1

SO what's ANYONE's thoughts on "LOS LUCHADORES"?! 
I honestly thought  this was some sorta tv commercial joke(---they same way I thought that Saturday Night Live was pulling a joke on it's audience when they aired the commercial for "Over the Top", you know, the ARM WRASSLIN movie. No shite, me and a few friends had stayed up late night and couldn't believe what were were watching, but it turned out to be true, oh yes...it was true.)

Anyways, back to the "LOS LUCHADORES"... anyone hope that this is a combination of EL Generico and someone else with top nocth madness and ability?!

Posted Image
I Sho' Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks like Randy Orton walking through a bunch of angry black guys. To keep Orton occupied while they have HHH keeping Bryan away from him by throwing the Shield, etc. against him, they can have Booker T alluding to his feud with HHH and leading a face stable that includes the Prime Time Players and Mark Henry in which he strongly implies that the office has been holding them down out of a belief that they don't have the right "look" as a face of the company that Randy Orton possesses.