DVDVR Message Board

Your point being? 

What is the purpose of voicing your opinion about a show you don't watch? Do you want others to join you in not watching? Do want people to sell you on why you should watch?

Perhaps to provoke discussion about how tired the booking is? To point out specifically why I refused to watch? Am I not to be allowed that right?

I think we can all agree that somebody needs to get their fucking head kicked in next week.

For sure. My vote for first head bashing goes to Seth Rollins.

Probably will be; however I'd much rather it was Roman "one move of doom" Reigns.

Oh god, this please. Can't you imagine it?

Bryan's fought off Ambrose and Rollins again, but Reigns is already set-up in the corner, ready to charge out with the spear. The announcers and fans see what's coming next, they've seen it a million times before. As Bryan turns around slowly, Reigns comes running in at full speed...

...and takes a flying knee right in the face.

All my ppv buys right there.

• Like 1

Your point being? 

What is the purpose of voicing your opinion about a show you don't watch? Do you want others to join you in not watching? Do want people to sell you on why you should watch?

Perhaps to provoke discussion about how tired the booking is? To point out specifically why I refused to watch? Am I not to be allowed that right?

You totally are. I'm not saying there can't be debate and discussion. I'm saying if you're not watching it, it's difficult to take your opinion about how tired the booking is seriously. You think it's tired, but it's only been two shows. I love the idea of Daniel Bryan Alternative Hero, who's trying to fight the McMahons. The McMahons, who''ve chosen Randy fucking Orton, a guy who's punted all of them, and has multiple suspensions, but because he LOOKS like what they want, they'd rather have him than Daniel Bryan. This story is what we've been writing about FOR YEARS. I like that Daniel Bryan isn't afraid of going all the way with fucking with the McMahons because he doesn't care about being fired - he loves wrestling so much.  He has nothing to lose. It doesn't feel tired to me, because Daniel Bryan is making it interesting. And maybe if you watched him, you'd think so. But since you don't it's hard to really discuss it with you.

I don't want you to stop watching wrestling or not be apart of the discussion. I want you to join me, as my brother in arms, in the support of our hero Daniel Bryan in his quest to kick some fucking heads in. 

I'm not just talking about the booking of the past two days, though. I'm talking about what it's been like for months. Botched face turns. Botched heel turns. Trying to push somebody and then abandoning it weeks later.

Reigns is gonna be the eventual guy who gets a big solo push. He's huge, good looking, and has a natural charisma.

A+ talent, right there, amirite?

/StephandHaitch

Well, in all fairness, Batista started out doing one move too.

I'm not just talking about the booking of the past two days, though. I'm talking about what it's been like for months. Botched face turns. Botched heel turns. Trying to push somebody and then abandoning it weeks later.

You just described pro wrestling since God Almighty fake punched it into existence. Why are you a fan, exactly?

Yeah, and I totally agree with all the shit that's gone on before. And I assure you I'm fully prepared in the back of my mind for Triple H to just pedigree Daniel Bryan and be done with him. And when it goes down, I'll go back to not watching like I was two days ago. But in the right here and now, Daniel Bryan is being booked as the only guy willing to walk down the aisle and go up against the biggest fucking douchebags in wrestling. And I'm going to support that and just hope others do so that MAYBE they don't fuck it up and give us what we want. 

If anyone can get me to drop my cynicism towards the WWE it's Daniel Bryan, and I think he deserves that in his big push. If it fails, I'll totally join you in shitting on the company for a couple of days and then I'll just go back to not watching until they start pushing El Generico.

• Like 1

When did DVDVR become a dumb wrestling board?

When people here couldn't recognize the biggest pop star in the world, Pitbull.
Not anymore. I DJ at a strip club and Pitbull is done. It's all about that new Miley Cyrus tune and Drake.

Who's Drake?

Not anymore. I DJ at a strip club and Pitbull is done. It's all about that new Miley Cyrus tune and Drake.

Who's Drake?

The new Pitbull

Who's Drake?

The new Pitbull

#3? Like how Hercules Hernandes was was Mr. Wrestling #3? Got it. I love the Mr. Wrestling #2 vs Magnum TA feud.

I still think Pitbull looks exactly like Matt Hardy.

But I am also admittedly dumb

I mean I have watched Impact three weeks running

• Like 1

I wonder what the chances of HBK being worked into this story. I wouldn't mind DBryan/HBK vs Orton/HHH down the line. Or how about DBryan/HBK/Kane/?/? vs Orton/HHH/The Shield wargames at that Battleground PPV...

If HBK gets in on the action it will go like this.  HHH is beating down D-Bryan all by himself.  HBK runs in......big pause.  He looks like he is going to kick HHH....but he mouths "I'm sorry" and nails D-Bryan.  He and HHH dance around like idiots, but D-Bryan in a goat cart, and slap a ROH label on it.  Then HBK claims that D-Bryan stole the beard from him.

I was thinking that they should do a "I am Daniel Bryan" ad campaign with people wearing fake Daniel Bryan beards that can be purchased at shop.wwe.com or out of the back of Daniel Bryan's car before shows.

Have a night where the wrestlers are wearing the beards too in a show of silent support for the only man with the balls to take on the boss. Have plants that look like Daniel Bryan that Orton keeps RKO'ing. Finally at the end of the night the real Daniel Bryan comes from the crowd and fucks Randy's world up. 

Get Zack de la Rocha to update his song to be "GOATS ON PARADE" for Bryan's new theme music.

I love the idea that a guy who has had 1 #1 hit in his entire career was ever the "biggest pop star in the world."

Hell, when he had that number 1 hit, Adele was clearly the biggest star.

This thread has everything, guys who don't watch the show complaining about a show they didn't watch, doom and gloomers, relentless optimists, guys who will wait for the story to play out and guys who want Bryan to beat everybody immediately. And I'm not even partially responsible. Amazing.

• Like 1