DVDVR Message Board

The old wrestling fan of the 80's would see Daniel Bryan get beat down and get upset and rally around him. The modern smark fan sees him get beat down and it's "Oh god it's all over! Casual fans won't like it."  

Except, the problem isn't that Bryan got beat down. I think that's been made perfectly clear. The problem is that he looked like a fucking moron. I think it's perfectly fine to have the corporate goons sneak attack Bryan when he's not looking. Or for them to concoct some evil plan to get him in a prone position and then strike. But for him to voluntarily walk into a 7-on-1 beating is just stupid. How dumb did it look to have him just standing back in gorilla, waiting for HHH to call him out so he could walk into a beating? Do we want people to support him out of pity and sympathy, or because he's the "ass kicker" (sorry HHH) who is going to come wreck shit when you fuck with him?

What Bryan did is like if Sting's first appearance as The Crow was not coming down from the rafters with a baseball bat, but instead sauntering out from backstage, down the ramp, with no weapon in hand, while the entire nWo stood in the ring and said "Hey guys, let's fight!". That would have made a ton of sense.

By the way, you guys can really miss me with this "sit back and see what happens!" shit. As if the WWE has given us any reason to afford them the benefit of the doubt? I don't even want to talk about the hot angles they've run into the ground over the last few years. When you look at how many less people are watching WWE since the last time they ran this angle, they're lucky cynical bastards like us are even still watching.

Cry some more you fucking baby.

I will, and you'll probably keep reading it.

Unless you are on the booking committee, sitting back and watching what happens is your only option.

I think his point is that the other option is saying "fuck this shit" and finding other things to do with your Mondays.

I'm not even necessarily saying it has to be "shut up and watch" or stop watching. I just don't see what's wrong with watching AND criticizing when you don't like it. To whoever posed the question about if people watch Batman and complain Bane looks too weak. Well fuck yes, people do that. Go read the IMDB boards for any of the Batman movies. Maybe human beings in general are just too fickle, but let's not act like it's only a bitter jaded wrestling fan thing.

On a non-Bryan note - I think after last night, Reigns is ripe for a Batista-esque face turn at some point. I think he's going to be the one to eventually get tired of Triple H treating the Shield like dogs (although, they are the "Hounds" of Justice, so eh..) -- but I think there's going to be a huge pop when he eventually spears the shit out of the entire McMahon family.

Cena is *so* coming out number 30 at the Rumble again.

Which'll be right about the time Triple H will finish mounting Bryan's balls on his shelf.

After the ratings plummet due to the NFL season, that's exactly what's going to happen.

I would have NO problem with Bryan winning the Rumble.  WWE seems really averse to repeat Rumble winners(Cena was the first to repeat since Austin).

WWE will be in touch with Tupac's people and Hologram Cena will debut in time for Survivor Series.

It's sad for me to realize that Dolph Ziggler will eventually become Daniel Bryan's buddy. He's got enough odds to overcome and then he's gotta do it with that anchor dragging him down at the same time.

Poor Bryan. At least Sheamus could've clubbed Dean Ambrose in the chest ten times for you. Maybe Dolph's Hornswoggle inspired offense can cause Seth Rollins to chase him right into a flying knee.

• Like 2

Cena is *so* coming out number 30 at the Rumble again.

Which'll be right about the time Triple H will finish mounting Bryan's balls on his shelf.

BTW, if anyone thinks Cena is actually going to be gone 4-6 months, I think you're nuts.

Fantasy Booking Alert: Bryan is #1 (through shenanigans, winning the Rumble is the only way to get a title match again), Cena makes his triumphant return at #30, they're the last two guys, Bryan eliminates Cena for the win, perhaps (depending on how Bryan draws during this time) setting up a Cena heel turn for once Bryan vanquishes the Corpvolution.

Fantasy Booking Alert: Bryan is #1 (through shenanigans, winning the Rumble is the only way to get a title match again), Cena makes his triumphant return at #30, they're the last two guys, Bryan eliminates Cena for the win, perhaps (depending on how Bryan draws during this time) setting up a Cena heel turn for once Bryan vanquishes the Corpvolution.

Bryan beats Triple H's Corpvolution.

Cena completes heel turn by cheating to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. 

Claims he's the #1 contender on RAW and that he did something lil' Daniel Bryan will never do and that's beat Undertaker.

Bryan comes out says he has no honor. Flips Cena off and gives him a Stunner 

FANTASY BOOKING NERD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan beats Triple H's Corpvolution.

Cena completes heel turn by cheating to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. 

Claims he's the #1 contender on RAW and that he did something lil' Daniel Bryan will never do and that's beat Undertaker.

Bryan comes out says he has no honor. Flips Cena off and gives him a Stunner 

FANTASY BOOKING NERD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Addendum: The next day there is much grousing on the board over just how fast Bryan responded, that Cena acted too cute and looked like he didn't suffer any ill effects from beating Undertaker, somehow this is a way either guy is getting buried by HHH, and just weeks after complaining about faces not being protected enough, there are complaints that heels aren't protected enough.

I'm a little confused by Bald Bombshell because I thought..... 

WWE have been on fire this year & have been great in the last couple of months in particular. Do I love everything? No, of course not...but I never will. But we're half way through the eighth month of the year & I would already put 2013 above the last several years.

I'm on the other side of this, as WWE has finally gotten me to stop watching after over 25 years.

...you didn't even watch this show any more.

As I mentioned, I turned it on for a moment while cooking. As of late, I've been passing on the shows and just watching highlights afterwards. This week I didn't even bother with that.

Eh, wasn't really a fan of this show. I think they progressed the Daniel Bryan story some but, for the most part, the show was really boring to me. Way too many jobbers. Shit is was just weird. I think I'm partially judging it a lot harder because Summerslam the night before was so good. Meh.

I'm a little confused by Bald Bombshell because I thought..... 

WWE have been on fire this year & have been great in the last couple of months in particular. Do I love everything? No, of course not...but I never will. But we're half way through the eighth month of the year & I would already put 2013 above the last several years.

I'm on the other side of this, as WWE has finally gotten me to stop watching after over 25 years.

...you didn't even watch this show any more.

As I mentioned, I turned it on for a moment while cooking. As of late, I've been passing on the shows and just watching highlights afterwards. This week I didn't even bother with that.

Yet you still found a way to complain about it.  Yikes.

If anyone actually thinks this is about HHH "burying" Bryan to keep himself on top, time to check into the nuthouse.

HHH is already on top and set for life.  "Burying" anyone only hurts his own bottom line if the person would be able to draw money for the company.

Your point being? 

What is the purpose of voicing your opinion about a show you don't watch? Do you want others to join you in not watching? Do want people to sell you on why you should watch?

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that somebody needs to get their fucking head kicked in next week.

For sure. My vote for first head bashing goes to Seth Rollins.

Probably will be; however I'd much rather it was Roman "one move of doom" Reigns.

The board masters need to let me hit the "like" button more often. The folks who bitch about SUPER CENA!!!!!! each and every single week giving Punk a pass for last night because they remember when he did the Pepsi Plunge is fucking awesome.

Thought it was a good show. Liked the PTPs as faces, because those two guys amuse the shit out of me every week anyway. Darren Young hairpicks and Titus O'Neill whistles are coming! "Shield Guys" and "You are a solid B Plus" were the high points on the mic.

I will always be impressed that with more than a decade between us and the death of kayfabe, wrestling fans can still convince themselves that they are being BACKSTAGE WERKED just because the WWE runs a story on their TV show.

What was there not to love about this show? Cena announces he's going on the shelf for a while, and happy health to him, because he put on a great main event with D-Bry. Let him go have a few drinks with Ghost Baby Sheamus and we can have a few new guys step up to the main event.

New guys step up to the main event? You mean the bearded physical manifestation of our wrestling boner that's been given the Stone Cold spot? More please.

Punk yelled at a fan and it made it feel like a fun armory show. 

Heck, Triple H and the McMahons are doing exactly what they should be doing- being an evil bunch of assholes so that we have fictional reasons to hate them in addition to the ones that we think are real. And maybe Orton wakes back up now that he's got the belt and he does more of this:

Posted Image

Except, you know, evil.

The Shield got to be rad, and this is the most logical next step in their evolution. They already dress like Heel Bossman, so they might as well get corporate enforcer jobs. I'm hoping they lend the group their helicopter so that everyone can get out of it at the beginning of every Raw for 15 minute long 'nwo limo' style entrances. 

Also, Roman Reigns is third behind Damien and Bray when it comes to 'wrestling his character.' His arrogant walk up to Dolph after tagging in was MONEY. 

Plus we got two pretty great tag team matches made up of guys that are actual tag teams. I personally can't wait for the inevitable Usos/PT Players vs. Real Americans/2M of 3MB match. 

And speaking of tag teams, LOS MATADORES. Hell with it, I'm totally onboard. Here's hoping we learn that their origin is a rip of the first Zorro movie, and that an aging Tito Santana has passed his legacy down to two deserving street rats desperate for revenge. And that they put bullhorns on Rosa Mendez or something. I don't know, I don't have this completely thought out. But as a guy that loves Mumbai Cats, I can not WAIT for this. 

• Like 1