DVDVR Message Board

"I hate when WWE hot shots angles!!!!!"

"I'm so angry that Daniel Bryan didn't come to the ring and whip ass on the corporation literally one night after they revealed they were in cahoots to screw him!!!!" 

To me, it's building perfectly.  Storyline wise...........he's said all along he's good enough to make it to the top on his own.  He did just that at Summerslam.  It was stolen from him by the people in charge.  He came to confront those people tonight.  He was repeatedly beat on by a dangerous three man stable........and held his own against them until getting blind-sided......then STILL attempted to get in the ring and confront the owner, the COO, the COO's wife, and the new champion.  He literally will not stop fighting for himself.  He knows what he has earned and he knows he is good enough to beat the very best because he beat John Cena in the middle of the ring one night prior.  He isn't being built up as a Stone Cold; a rebel who flips people off........he's being built up as the guy you just can't kill even though everyone underestimated him and thought they could.  And it's a character he's great at playing. 

Give it time.  Even if there are horrible booking choices along the way, Daniel Bryan has more than proven that he can make ANYTHING they have him do be awesome.  And really, it's one of the best slow builds of a character they've done in a long time. 

And frankly, long ago I think there was an assumption amongst people that he would never be more than a utility guy and jobber to the stars.........a steady hand they would use to elevate other people.  But goddamn, they've done amazing things with him, and we're clearly looking at him heading to the next level. An entire fanbase, who is trained to like a certain type of wrestler, has embraced him because they gave him a chance to shine and he has.

Daniel Bryan will be just fine. 

People hate Triple H because he did something they didn't like 10 years ago when they were young and carefree. Now they're all miserable, bitter and old they can only cling on to things from their youth, which in this case is Triple H is a bad wrestler, bad promo, and bad person because he didn't job to RVD or Booker T. Phantom Lord has been running his "Idiot Smark" gimmick for 10 years, you think he's moved on with his life and become a positive member of his community? Hell no.

I will never forgive Hunter Hearst Helmsley for defeating Barry Horowitz on that one episode of WWF Challenge in 1996. Fuck this no-talent hack.

I think we should talk more about how we wish Daniel Bryan was Steve Austin and not Daniel Bryan.

Does that include wanting to see Daniel Bryan hit his finisher on a woman?

I think things would have been helped if Bryan slapped Steph then stretched her before security came out.

One or two weeks of the Corporation power show is fine, I just hope they don't go with this for more than that- I don't think they can put this on too much of a slow burn.

I refuse to read 10 pages of you fuckers bitching and moaning so all I will say is that the smarky ass Anaheim crowd going DEAD SILENT during the Wyatt squash was either WWE reading the board and fucking with us or some legit fear coming through. I do not get the feeling they hated it so much they decided to collectively sit on their hands.

O yeah... Teddy fucking Long was the only one clapping during Orton's entrance and that was also really really great.  People are looking at the roster on the stage as a negative, but to me it makes Bryan look even stronger for standing up to the super group.

Technically Maddox was clapping too but that probably doesn't count.

I am convinced Teddy thought Orton was headed to the ring for a tag match that Teddy had set up earlier in the show. He was operating on muscle memory.

• Like 9

I liked this show. Good finish on Cody/Sandow. Poor Sin Cara. Thought RVD/Ambrose would continue into Night of Champs but I'm all for going back to RVD/Alberto. the Ryback segment was oddly hilarious, loved his delivery and repeating himself... enjoying his new gimmick.

Primetime Players being suddenly face was random but I liked it. Crowd was into it, good match and a relatively big win for them. Seems like out of nowhere, WWE has a solid tag division again. Usos/3MB had an awesome finish with the tag in mid-dive. Also, Matadors!

Thought Punk showed some fire and passion in his promo tonight and the brawl with Axel was pretty good. Enjoyed the closing angle too. Was expecting Bryan to come down with something more but didn't mind it. Loved HHH heeling it up on the mic.. never thought he'd be heel again after the retirement tease(es) with the Brock matches and figuring he'd be more of a behind the scenes guy but I think this will be a great HHH run. Liked the closing shot of the new power group standing tall.

Also laughed at "Shield Guys", love that being a tag on the thread

"I hate when WWE hot shots angles!!!!!""I'm so angry that Daniel Bryan didn't come to the ring and whip ass on the corporation literally one night after they revealed they were in cahoots to screw him!!!!" To me, it's building perfectly. Storyline wise...........he's said all along he's good enough to make it to the top on his own. He did just that at Summerslam. It was stolen from him by the people in charge. He came to confront those people tonight. He was repeatedly beat on by a dangerous three man stable........and held his own against them until getting blind-sided......then STILL attempted to get in the ring and confront the owner, the COO, the COO's wife, and the new champion. He literally will not stop fighting for himself. He knows what he has earned and he knows he is good enough to beat the very best because he beat John Cena in the middle of the ring one night prior. He isn't being built up as a Stone Cold; a rebel who flips people off........he's being built up as the guy you just can't kill even though everyone underestimated him and thought they could. And it's a character he's great at playing. Give it time. Even if there are horrible booking choices along the way, Daniel Bryan has more than proven that he can make ANYTHING they have him do be awesome. And really, it's one of the best slow builds of a character they've done in a long time. And frankly, long ago I think there was an assumption amongst people that he would never be more than a utility guy and jobber to the stars.........a steady hand they would use to elevate other people. But goddamn, they've done amazing things with him, and we're clearly looking at him heading to the next level. An entire fanbase, who is trained to like a certain type of wrestler, has embraced him because they gave him a chance to shine and he has.Daniel Bryan will be just fine.

Agreed he has made everything else they've given him work during his WWE run. I just dont want the payoff to be he and HHH at WM.

Loved Bryan being set up as the new Stone Cold. HHH is going to be a huge detriment to this Bryan angle.

I don't know that Stone Cold was ever made to look like such a putz as to interrupt a show-ending heel gloat-fest without some kind of equalizer like a weapon or beer truck or such.

Vegan food truck. After that, I got nothing.

WWE actively trolling the Internet marks is starting to become equal parts annoying and legitimately hilarious.Do any of you actually just chill the fuck out and watch the show anymore? It's a story. Let them tell the fucking story you instant gratification junkies. Do you stand up in the middle of Batman and scream that Bane is making him look weak?! Just watch the show and see where the story goes before you rush to judgment two segments into a six month story for fuck's sake.

Wrestling is best when people get emotionally involved and give a shit what is happening to the characters. People are pissed because they wanted their boy to get his revenge, and he didn't. That's a good thing. Fuck chilling out and watching wrestling. That isn't nearly as much fun.

I'd love to get behind this angle as it looks like they want to make Bryan into Austin 2.0 (without the beer and fingers and stunners and such).  However, HHH seemed to have it firmly shifted into "Bury the opposition for my benefit" last night, emasculating the roster that wasn't nuked earlier and basically being himself.  I've read that book before and Bryan isn't Austin, Cena, Taker, or Rock.  

I'm not concerned that Bryan didn't wreck shit last night, booking was logical.  I'm concerned by Triple H being his "bury the fuck out of the other guy so everyone knows my dick is bigger" self, and Bryan isn't bulletproof.  Only takes a couple more nights like last night and we're in a holding pattern til Cena makes his miraculous Rumble comeback.

They should've murdered John Cena and set him as an example of what happens when you mess with The Corporate Evolution, tbh.

This is exactly what I thought should have happened. However, I'm not as disappointed about the main storyline as some of you are. For starters, Daniel Bryan isn't Steve Austin, and even Austin had his share of defeats when ganged up on only to come back stronger. What they do in week one with this storyline is not as important as what they do with week two. So lets look at where the next Raw and PPV shows take place: AZ, IA, ON, MI, OH, and...Sept. 19th, Chicago motherfuckin Illinois. Now, I don't see The Shield or Orton losing their titles at Night of Champions in D-town, but they could set something up the following night to put DB over strong on the Chicago Raw. That's 5 weeks away. You can't pummel DB every week, but if they're smart, they at least let Bryan tread water until Chicago. And then, you blow the roof off the Allstate Arena. Maybe have him get his hands on Steph, or have him have an Austin like moment where he clears out everyone in the new Corporation. He'll, you could even do something that allows Bryan and Punk to team up to make FSW's head explode.

Lots of guys here sleeping on the Wyatt match. It was a sloppy match, Wyatt nearly fell over when he was waltzing Truth to his finisher, and the crowd were really dead for it.

Also they were probably waiting for Kane in one form or another. The angle's in a holding pattern until we see him again.

They should've murdered John Cena and set him as an example of what happens when you mess with The Corporate Evolution, tbh.

This is exactly what I thought should have happened. However, I'm not as disappointed about the main storyline as some of you are. For starters, Daniel Bryan isn't Steve Austin, and even Austin had his share of defeats when ganged up on only to come back stronger. What they do in week one with this storyline is not as important as what they do with week two.So lets look at where the next Raw and PPV shows take place: AZ, IA, ON, MI, OH, and...Sept. 19th, Chicago motherfuckin Illinois. Now, I don't see The Shield or Orton losing their titles at Night of Champions in D-town, but they could set something up the following night to put DB over strong on the Chicago Raw. That's 5 weeks away. You can't pummel DB every week, but if they're smart, they at least let Bryan tread water until Chicago. And then, you blow the roof off the Allstate Arena. Maybe have him get his hands on Steph, or have him have an Austin like moment where he clears out everyone in the new Corporation. He'll, you could even do something that allows Bryan and Punk to team up to make FSW's head explode.

September 19th is a Thursday. They're building to a House show?

Guys, for the 80th fucking time, the problem isn't that Bryan got laid out. It's that he looked hesitant to take the fight to the people who screwed him over. 

No he didn't.  You all are watching a different show apparently.  He walked straight up to The Shield and held his own 3 on 1.  Then he took a spear and kept going towards the ring.

That doesn't make him look weak.  That makes him look like a guy who will literally walk through anything to get what he deserves.