DVDVR Message Board

I dont get the feeling that HHH vs Bryan at WM just get it out the way in the next couple of PPVs. Bryan is red hot right now and I hope Rollins isnt injured he jumped too soon on that suplex over the ropes. I been wanting Orton to turn but now in a corporate champion role nothing menacing about that I dont know if he can make it work, he promos will come off alot more forced. Punk went Flair on the fan.

Has any wrestler in history been injured as much on camera as Sin Cara?  

I actually liked a bunch of this show.  I liked the emphasis on the tag team division and really loved The Shield's role in things.  I liked the opening segment and I thought the closing segment was fine EXCEPT they never should have had everyone up on the ramp.  That was just too much.  Big Show looked great.  The Punk segment stood out a ton.  

• Like 2

I was also expecting Bryan to bring some heavy machinery to get the upper hand tonight. 

As we've seen in the past, it can be a big mistake to put off too long the babyface showing that it's an even fight and making the corporation show some ass.  The stage was so perfectly set for an Austin moment.  That would have been so formula...but also so satisfying.  I can't imagine how crazy the crowd pop would have been.

• Like 1

Loved Bryan being set up as the new Stone Cold. HHH is going to be a huge detriment to this Bryan angle.

I don't know that Stone Cold was ever made to look like such a putz as to interrupt a show-ending heel gloat-fest without some kind of equalizer like a weapon or beer truck or such.

I only watched the last segment, but good gawd is that ever true. I was thinking about Austin while HHH was yammering on for 15 minutes, and he would have absolutely beat the sh*t out of The Shield and all three guys in the ring.

Austin kicked the crap out of people week after week and it was one of the hottest periods in the history of wrestling. 

They would have put so much more steam on Bryan had he come out and kicked the crap out of everyone, as opposed to failing against the odds.

People love winners. They don't want to cheer for people who get their ass kicked.

I don't know why WWE fights that sentiment so vehemently.

I know Bryan will come out on top in the end, but jeez - why do they always have to make it so hard for the masses to cheer a guy?

• Like 1

I just found out who Los Matadores are.  Fuck WWE.  Seriously.

Maybe they did this so when Generico comes up, they can tell him not to promote his Ole chants to the crowds.  Nah, the 'E couldn't be that petty...

Daniel Bryan is also the guy who has spent like a year being a jerk to all those guys and wanting to prove he's not the weak link.

It was annoying but I think it can be easily fixed next week. 

Also, Daniel Bryan is not Steve Austin.  He's a small dude and an underdog.  The Shield gave him a ton during that final segment.  He handled them almost all on his own until he got blindsided.  He still got up and finally got taken out by Orton.  He didn't look weak at all.

• Like 4

The moment was right for a Stone Cold moment but they wanted to put over the new Corporation first and foremost tonight.  Sure, he could've came out with a chair or something.  I think he should've came from under the ring with a chainsaw through the mat.  However, their main thing was to get over this new family alliance and that wasn't going to happen if Bryan came in and ran everyone off.  It'll happen, just give it time.

I really liked what I saw on the show. I missed the first hour or so but saw the Bryan/Steph stuff on replay. Good stuff.

Steph talking in her corporate lingo was great with her "valued member" HR trope.

I liked the end segment, too. HHH as corporate overlord is perfect. He's such an unlikable, awful person. The same with Vince. Steph hugging Randy was amazing heeling. They built it up perfectly.I think they always have to sort of "recast" what happened the night before, especially after a big angle that happens on a PPV. Not everyone saw SummerSlam. Not everyone knows what happened. But the show ended on the same dark note from Sunday night -- even darker, now that we know The Shield are there to do the bidding of HHH. Now the whole WWE Universe gets to feel that way and it's an even worse feeling.

Bryan's going to come out of his as a gigantic star. It's Week 1 -- he's still new to this role and he has to figure out a way to get even.

Also:* That Usos finishing segment was a really cool spot to end a really forgettable match. Clever.

* Brad Maddox is a great syncophant.

* The Shield/Big Show match was really well done. (I didn't see Dolph yet.)* It's too bad Miz and Wade are completely dead in terms of how the crowd takes them seriously. That was a pretty competent match. Wade had the advantage when he could strike. Miz was cagey throughout with his sunset flips and finally found a way to clip the knee and get on the Figure Four before Fandango got his revenge.

Remember when Mankind got fired? What did the Rock do? He got the ENTIRE roster to stand with him and demand they rehire him or they all quit. Shit, faces used to have integrity and fought for things they believed in. Now they're all a bunch of Zigglers.

JOHN CENA WAS OUR MORAL COMPASS

Posted Image

GODSPEED, YOU BASEBALL SIZED ELBOW FREAK

• Like 1

Maybe they did this so when Generico comes up, they can tell him not to promote his Ole chants to the crowds.  Nah, the 'E couldn't be that petty...

They are a great tag team who I have missed so I don't give a fuck, though a part of me wishes Generico was a member of the group just because I guarantee it would have triggered fanboy rage.

• Like 1

They are a great tag team who I have missed so I don't give a fuck, though a part of me wishes Generico was a member of the group just because I guarantee it would have triggered fanboy rage.

They can have him show up as the third member and pretend he looks just like them.